CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
The issue was when I updated my bios, it changed how the IGPU and DGPU was set up. I only have 2 options now.

primary set to PEG and enable multiple monitors.

Ran through the Hackintool again and had to re-tweak it but it's all finally working again.

@djashjones,

Yeha, I had that a few years ago on my ASRock motherboard, where the IGPU options where replaced with "Enable IGPU Multi-Monitor Mode" .. I read it as allow more than one monitor plugged into the IGPU but it actually means enable the IGPU alongside the dGPU ... bit confusing i think but it seems to have become the standard term these days.

Glad your backup and running.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@AlienHrGig,

Using SSDT-XCPM.aml to force MacOS to use X86PlatformPlugin should be all that is needed ... you can check to see if its worked by running IORegistryExplorer and searching for "X86PlatformPlugin" if its found then the SSDT-XCPM.aml is doing its job and MacOS should be using native Intel Power management.
Indeed enough it was Jay.
Already found the issue, my MB in the latest firmware does not apply correct power settings for the Intel Cooler and since Mac OS pulls more performance it becomes more evident the heat generation. Already fixed by limiting the watts and amps for the cores on turbo.

But i found another issue, my MB does have 3 display ports, 1x DVI, 1x VGA and 1x HDMI so i can actually connect two displays.
Thing is, if i boot in safe mode he mirrors the image to both screens, but if i boot with the iGPU working with hardware acceleration i get garbage on the DVI port and normal image on HDMI. As soon as i disconnect the HDMI cable the DVI port starts working again with no issues. (i tried applying the Intel HDMI fix and also selecting type of port and injecting it in the patch but got same results).

Any idea what i can do to fix this?

Attached image with what happens in the DVI port when both are connected:

Attachments

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
if i boot with the iGPU working with hardware acceleration i get garbage on the DVI port and normal image on HDMI. As soon as i disconnect the HDMI cable the DVI port starts working again with no issues. (i tried applying the Intel HDMI fix and also selecting type of port and injecting it in the patch but got same results).

@AlienHrGig,

When patching the IGPU frame buffer connectors the "Pipe" number and "flags" can have an effect on how well that port works, i had something similar on one of my systems, in addition to patching the connectors "type" to HDMI I also changed the "pipe" to 0x12 on both ports and the "flags" to 0x06 ..

Code:
                <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key>
                <data>
                BgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
                <data>
                EgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
                <data>
                AAgAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>
                <data>
                BgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
                <data>
                EgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
                <data>
                AAgAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>
            </dict>

The value of "12" for the pipe i got from @rehabmans HDMI audio guide and the flag value of "06" i got from a system where HDMI was already working ....

You could try changing the "pipe" to 12 on both the HDMI and DVI port and set the HDMI flag value to "06" as for the flag value of your DVI port .. I cant help you that ..

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
The value of "12" for the pipe i got from @rehabmans HDMI audio guide and the flag value of "06" i got from a system where HDMI was already working ....

You could try changing the "pipe" to 12 on both the HDMI and DVI port and set the HDMI flag value to "06" as for the flag value of your DVI port .. I cant help you that ..

Cheers
Jay
Managed to get it to work after checking comments in some boards from @rehabmans and multiple tries.
I had to change my SMBIOS to Mac 14,3, now even the VDA Decoder says "fully supported" and had to switch the HDMI to the main display (2560x1440) and the DVI to the secondary display (2560x1080).
But a new issue showed up and I don't even know how to search online if anyone has it.

Let me show you with the attachment.
My secondary screen is showing only part of the image on screen. If I take a screenshot of the screen itself the full picture comes out. I tried to force other resolutions but to no end.
Not even sure why its only showing a partial image, because if I pull the HDMI cable out he will start showing the full image with no issue. Only with both screens he does this.

Have you ever seen a case like this or have an idea on what can cause it?
thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
My secondary screen is showing only part of the image on screen. If I take a screenshot of the screen itself the full picture comes out. I tried to force other resolutions but to no end.
Not even sure why its only showing a partial image

@AlienHrGig,

As far as I know DVI only supports resolutions higher than 1080P in dual link mode :-

You could try enabling that in clover configurator :-

Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 00.06.41.png

It may help ...

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@AlienHrGig,

As far as I know DVI only supports resolutions higher than 1080P in dual link mode :-

You could try enabling that in clover configurator :-

It may help ...

Cheers
Jay
It's on by default, that's why he works ok if I have a single screen connected. Issue only starts with two screens connected. I'm going to try and figure it out. If something comes to you please tell me. If the plist from clover can help as well I can attach it.