Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

thanks Jay, I think it was deactivated as you said. To don't post in both topic, I made an answer there, but I still don't know if it's a problem related to Hackintool or to your topic here :)

[edit] seems to me that I need to be able to boot with both GPU activated, but I'm unable to. How can I activate IGPU and be able to boot ? the boot gpu is properly selected as pcie 1, so I have no clue ... thanks !

Last edited:
Just a quick update, I booted with igpu enabled, then remotely connected to the mac, and successfully created the patch in hackintool. Then I added the code with bbedit, and restarted. Same as before, boot was incredibly long (5mn+), and then black screen when the progress bar finished. Seems enabling igpu mess with the rest, any clue ?
Thanks again !

@el.Charlot

Enabling the IGPU should not effect a display(s) connected to the dGPU unless the IGPU is configured as the primary device. As the guide states in the Headless section of Chapter 4, you must configure the dGPU as the primary display adapter in the BIOS settings.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
It is set as primary in bios, pcie 1, and I’ve checked it was effectively connected to pcie 1and not another one

[edit]

I was curious to how clover configurator would interpret the code from hackintool, but I can't find any changes in clover configurator, where should it be ? Nothing is showing in devices, is it because I disabled IGPU to be able to boot, shouldn't it be in the config plist, and so in clover configurator, regarding of me having igpu enabled ?
The code I added :

And what's in clover configurator :

Last edited:
I was curious to how clover configurator would interpret the code from hackintool, but I can't find any changes in clover configurator, where should it be ? Nothing is showing in devices, is it because I disabled IGPU to be able to boot, shouldn't it be in the config plist, and so in clover configurator.

@el.Charlot,

You do not have the patch code in the right place ....

In your bbedit screen shot above your patch code is like this :-

Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>  << ------ Your patch code is below this !!!!

</dict>

Which is incorrect and will not work ....

As it states in the guide it should be like this :-

Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>   <<----- Insert Patch code from Hackintool after this

</dict>
    </dict>

Read the guide carefully to understand where to pate the generated patch code.

Cheers
Jay

Dammit, I really looked at your screens carefully but ... I guess I was too proud to have thought of trying to do it remotely and missed a line of your code ;). And you were speaking of fresh config.plist, as mine is not fresh at al, I (wrongly) assumed ... :)
So I corrected the code, but boot time is again 5-8mn long, only by enabling igpu in bios (except now at the end my monitors works properly instead of a black screen). And I have no jpeg preview still, and VDA decoder failed according to hackintool.
And in hackintool patch section, in current framebuffer info, intel generation is still ??? and model is now imac 14,2 instead of 15,1 as it was before (and some apps started to ask for auth again ...).

So opened the code in bbedit again, and asked for a syntax check, and there was strangely a </dict> at the end that was with no entry. So I checked in my original plist, and there was no problem. I got rid of the modified config with the syntax failure, copied again hackintool code in my original config, rebooted, and ... back at my original problem, black screen after progress bar (so obviously video signal sent to igpu), slow startup and so on ... but I think the code is ok ... If I disable igpu, I'm able to boot again normally, but as clover configurator have a lot more entries, I think the code is OK ...
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                CwASBA==
                </data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                EgQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>VGA compatible controller</string>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-2</string>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller</string>
            </dict>
        </dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
obviously, I'm missing something about the code (even if I double check every instruction) AND I have a problem with enabling igpu ... I wonder if my cpu is properly recognised ...
I've attached my config.plist in case it can help, sorry to bother you with all that, it's just the only step I think that prevent my mHackintosh to be a genuine mac :)

Also, while digging for this, I found another topic where you showed your "devices" tab in clover configurator, mine is with a lot more entries (I have a screen from the same panel from yesterday, no entries, so looks like all that is from hackintool patch), here's a screen in case it's relevant

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated !

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 86
Back at my original problem, black screen after progress bar (so obviously video signal sent to igpu), slow startup and so on ... but I think the code is ok ... If I disable igpu, I'm able to boot again normally, but as clover configurator have a lot more entries, I think the code is OK ...

@el.Charlot,

Your patch code looks correct for setting a HD 4600 IGPU as headless using PlatformID 0x0412000B.

The only thing I would comment on is that since your using your IGPU as headless there is no need for the following lines of patch code :-

Code:
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-2</string>

You can safety remove those lines of code .... i don't think its whats causing your problem but you never know.

I found another topic where you showed your "devices" tab in clover configurator, mine is with a lot more entries (I have a screen from the same panel from yesterday, no entries, so looks like all that is from hackintool patch)

The guide shows you how to use Clover Configurator to either add or check IGPU device properties.

I've checked your config.plist and everything looks ok to me with the exception of the un-needed lines of patch code above I would try removing those lines first and see if it helps ....

Cheers
Jay

Thanks a lot for your time. Strangely, it doesn't work, long boot, no screen ... (had long boot but screen with a /dict that was closing nothing, strange).
I really have to dig what is causing this problem, can't find or figure out anything :banghead:

Last edited:
I have made a topic dedicated to my problem, if we find a solution, I'll post it here for futur references :)

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could clarify a point in the tutorial:

If you have these name/renames you should disable them:
  • Change/Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Change/Rename PEG0 to GFX0
  • Change/Rename HECI to IMEI
So if my DSDT is set using IGPU, GFX0, + IMEI rename them back to defaults??

Note I will have to study this thread in detail.

Thank you

Back