Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

Was wondering if someone could clarify a point in the tutorial:

If you have these name/renames you should disable them:
  • Change/Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Change/Rename PEG0 to GFX0
  • Change/Rename HECI to IMEI
So if my DSDT is set using IGPU, GFX0, + IMEI rename them back to defaults??

@moheban79,

The guide is really referring to if you use Clover to rename those devices, if so you should disable the clover renames/fixes and let Lilu / WhatEverGreen do the renames.

If you have used the legacy method of physically manually patching your DSDT then you can either leave it as is or consider using the hot patch method which means that you can leave the DSDT native and let Clover, SSDT Hot Fixes and Lilu + Plug-in's patch your DSDT dynamically at boot time. The advantage of this is that you don't have to manually patch the DSDT every time you change something in the BIOS or after updating the BIOS.

Hot Patching is now considered the preferred method when ever possible.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay. Appreciate the reply,

Thanks.

at present I don't have any GPU Card but am interested in purchasing either a rx 570 or rx 580 so what SMBIOS, ig platform id I should use if I attach my LG 4K monitor to the GPU card? I also want to use my i7-8700 HD630 for quick sync. I have seen some profiles with i7-8700K using SMBIOS 19,1.

Please advise

at present I don't have any GPU Card but am interested in purchasing either a rx 570 or rx 580 so what SMBIOS, ig platform id I should use if I attach my LG 4K monitor to the GPU card? I also want to use my i7-8700 HD630 for quick sync. I have seen some profiles with i7-8700K using SMBIOS 19,1.

@Rajkhand,

The iMac 19,1 SMBIOS would be a good match for your i7-8700 CPU and a RX 570/580 dGPU.

Your i7 8700 CPU has a Intel UHD 630 IGPU so with a dGPU installed you should use the headless PlatformID of 0x3E920003 or 0x3E910003 or 0x3E980003 as stated in the guide.

Cheers
Jay

@Rajkhand,

The iMac 19,1 SMBIOS would be a good match for your i7-8700 CPU and a RX 570/580 dGPU.

Your i7 8700 CPU has a Intel UHD 630 IGPU so with a dGPU installed you should use the headless PlatformID of 0x3E920003 or 0x3E910003 or 0x3E980003 as stated in the guide.

Cheers
Jay
Thanks Jay,
I'll get back once I get my card. One clarification at present I am using with SMBIOS 18,1 following settings

<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
BwCbPg==
</data>
<key>enable-hdmi20</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-busid</key>
<data>
BQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-index</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-pipe</key>
<data>
CQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-type</key>
<data>
AAQAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
<data>
BAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-index</key>
<data>
AgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
<data>
CgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
<data>
AAQAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key>
<data>
BgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
<data>
AwAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
<data>
CAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
<data>
AAQAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-busid</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-flags</key>
<data>
IAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-index</key>
<data>
/////w==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-pipe</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-type</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</dict>

What should be the setting after the dGPU card? Please help as I am not able to understand many of the things described in this thread.

What should be the setting after the dGPU card? Please help as I am not able to understand many of the things described in this thread.

@Rajkhand,

Once you get your dGPU, use Hackintool to generate new IGPU patch code with one of the headless PlatformID's for your IGPU. You should only need to define the AAPL,ig-platform-id device property which will look like this :-

Code:
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
    <dict>
         <data>
         PpIAAw==
         </data>
    </dict>
</dict>

The above example is using PlatformID 0x3E920003.

There is a good chance that the above will work but if it does not use hackingtool to generate a patch using one of the other headless PlatformID's.

Just read and follow the guide and you should be ok.

Cheers
Jay

@Rajkhand,

Once you get your dGPU, use Hackintool to generate new IGPU patch code with one of the headless PlatformID's for your IGPU. You should only need to define the AAPL,ig-platform-id device property which will look like this :-

Code:
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
    <dict>
         <data>
         PpIAAw==
         </data>
    </dict>
</dict>

The above example is using PlatformID 0x3E920003.

There is a good chance that the above will work but if it does not use hackingtool to generate a patch using one of the other headless PlatformID's.

Just read and follow the guide and you should be ok.

Cheers
Jay
thanks Jay, appreciate your quick response.

Is there a specially crafted installation MacOS 10.13.6 (17G2112+) to make everything work well? Is it enough to update MacOS 10.13.6 (17G7074)

Is there a specially crafted installation MacOS 10.13.6 (17G2112+) to make everything work well?

@ori69,

No, every Hackingtosh is different, you must start with a base install and apply patches and fixes as necessary.

This site has guides on how to resolve just about every possible combination of hardware and software, X299 motherboards (as per your hardware profile) are a little more complicated to set up however there are quite a few good guides on the subject if you search the forums on this site.

Is it enough to update MacOS 10.13.6 (17G7074)

Your hardware should work well with either the latest version of High Sierra or Mojave.

Cheers
Jay

@ori69,

No, every Hackingtosh is different, you must start with a base install and apply patches and fixes as necessary.

This site has guides on how to resolve just about every possible combination of hardware and software, X299 motherboards (as per your hardware profile) are a little more complicated to set up however there are quite a few good guides on the subject if you search the forums on this site.

Your hardware should work well with either the latest version of High Sierra or Mojave.

Cheers
Jay
Thank You

My config is i7 8700K Gigabyte Z370M D3H

Back