Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

Is it shikigva= or shikigv= ?
You have it in both way in the instruction on the first page.

Is it shikigva= or shikigv= ? You have it in both way in the instruction on the first page.

@rauan1,

My apologies, its a typo ... my bad, the correct syntax is shikigva=
I'll go through the guide and correct the mistakes.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Cheers
Jay

I tried all three options with defaulting to iGPU: shikigva=1, shikigva=57 and shikigva=60. With shikigva=1 no change, with two others I get different error message. the one suggesting to check HTML5 and silverlight installation.

I tried all three options with defaulting to iGPU: shikigva=1, shikigva=57 and shikigva=60. With shikigva=1 no change, with two others I get different error message. the one suggesting to check HTML5 and silverlight installation.

@rauan1,

You might want to try shikigva=4, and/or shikigva=12 ... some people reporting success with those values.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey,

I followed CaseySJ's "Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580" guide. Sleep and wake works very well. The only thing I never could get working is Netflix. I noticed he didn't use anything in properties under devices in config.plist, but specified Fake ID for iGFX.

I am attaching my EFI folder here for more details about my build. I would appreciate any help!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21 MB · Views: 68
Sorry guys...I'm a bit confused about my configuration...please can you help me? I'm trying to increase the VRAM to 2048 but during boot I see a black screen and I have to turn back my config...What am i doing wrong??

Here below my config.plist...

Thanks
1.png

2.png

3.png

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 63
please can you help me? I'm trying to increase the VRAM to 2048 but during boot I see a black screen and I have to turn back my config...What am i doing wrong??

@robyrocker89,

The config.plist you attached does not contain any of the Device Properties from the Hackingtool patch generator.
You need to copy the generated code form Hackingtool and insert it to the Devices->Properties section of your config.plist.

See the WhatEverGreen Chapter of the guide for how to do it.

Cheers
Jay

The only thing I never could get working is Netflix. I noticed he didn't use anything in properties under devices in config.plist, but specified Fake ID for iGFX.

@rauan1,

UHD 630 IGPU is proving to be a difficult nut to crack and seems to require some non-standard methods to get working which may be why @CaseySJ didn't use any properties under devices in config.plist and specified a Fake ID for the IGPU.

I Don't have a Coffee Lake / UHD 630 system so its not possible for me to test/debug.

Are you running Mojave ? .... if so I believe I read somewhere that Apple has disabled DRM support for AMD RX 5XX/5XX GPU's, therefor you should try configuring MacOS to use the Intel IGPU for DRM playback.

See the DRM section of the guide for more info ...

Suggested Process :-

1. Reset MacOS DRM Configuration :-

Code:
defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA
sudo rm -rf /Users/Shared/SC\ Info
sudo defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
sudo defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA

2. Reboot PC and log back into MacOS

3. Set boot argument shikigva=1 in config.plist

4. Force MacOS to use Intel IGPU for online DRM Playback :-

Code:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceIntel -boolean yes

5. Reboot PC and log back into MacOS, try playing NetFlix DRM Content.

Thats about all I can suggest at this stage.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@robyrocker89,

The config.plist you attached does not contain any of the Device Properties from the Hackingtool patch generator.
You need to copy the generated code form Hackingtool and insert it to the Devices->Properties section of your config.plist.

See the WhatEverGreen Chapter of the guide for how to do it.

Cheers
Jay

I know...I've tried to add the generated code from Hackingtool (using clover GUI) but macos won't boot during start.
So, in attachment you can see the file config.plist cleared and working.
Maybe, a trained eye can find a wrong parameter or similar in my config.plist...i've tried many times (different ways) without results...

I know...I've tried to add the generated code from Hackingtool (using clover GUI) but macos won't boot during start.

@robyrocker89,

When using WhetEverGreen you must remove all IGPU flags and parameters from the Devices and Graphics sections of your config.plist ... failure to do so can result in a IGPU configuration conflict between WEG & Clover, not saying this is the problem but something to be aware of/check.

Solo CFL UHD 630 IGPU configurations (no dGPU) are proving difficult to get working/stable, lots of problems being reported by lots of users .. probably the most posted issue in the last few weeks here at TMx86.

I recommend keeping an eye on @CaseySJ's FB patching guide here ... as he seems to be getting somewhere with it the issue.

Cheers
Jay

Back