Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

Hi Jaymonkey,
I have followed your step by step guide and it seems that High Sierra works all regularly only that I can not get acceleration; testing with VideoProc brings me the Gtx 1050ti card and not the HD4600 igpu (as in your guide) and without any acceleration.
I put back some screenshots of my system.
Where do I go wrong and how can I fix it?
Thanks 384567384568384570384571384572384573

Attachments

• Schermata 2019-02-03 alle 00.30.38.png
    Schermata 2019-02-03 alle 00.30.38.png
    253.1 KB · Views: 182
I have followed your step by step guide and it seems that High Sierra works all regularly only that I can not get acceleration; testing with VideoProc brings me the Gtx 1050ti card and not the HD4600 igpu (as in your guide) and without any acceleration.

@dgs57,

Please generate and post Problem Reporting files .. As per this guide :-
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Remember to clean boot and press F2 and then F4 at the Clover screen to save boot log and ACPI tables. then generate the PR files as per the instructions in above link.

Cheers
Jay

PS: Something is not right with your build signatures as your posted screen grabs show High Sierra running on Haswell CPU with Nvidia 1050Ti but your build signature for your High Sierra system shows a i7 6700K CPU with Nvidia 1070 FE and your i7 4770K system is running MacOS Mojave.

Please update your build signature to reflect the correct hardware and MacOS version in each build.

Last edited:
Today, I have installed the latest version of Lilu and WEG in LE. Then I rebuild kextcache after that I saw AppleALC didn’t found Lilu as dependency. And Lilu and WEG was rejected when rebuild kextcache.
All my kexts is lastest version.
How can I fix it?
Thanks.

Today, I have installed the latest version of Lilu and WEG on LE. Then I rebuild kextcache after that I saw AppleALC didn’t found Lilu as dependency. And Lilu and WEG was rejected when rebuild kextcache.

@baolhq,

This can sometimes happen .. usually its one of the following reasons :-
  • Lilu is not crossed linked with the plugin's (one compiled against the other)
  • Lilu or a Plug-in is not installed correctly
  • Lilu or a Plug-in is corrupted
Recommend following repair procedure :-
  • Delete Lilu and all Plug-in's form /L/E
  • Re-download latest release version of Lilu + all Plug-in's
  • Re-Install Lilu and all Plug-in's using the method outlined in the guide
Cheers
Jay

@baolhq,

This can sometimes happen .. usually its one of the following reasons :-
  • Lilu is not crossed linked with the plugin's (one compiled against the other)
  • Lilu or a Plug-in is not installed correctly
  • Lilu or a Plug-in is corrupted
Recommend following repair procedure :-
  • Delete Lilu and all Plug-in's form /L/E
  • Re-download latest release version of Lilu + all Plug-in's
  • Re-Install Lilu and all Plug-in's using the method outlined in the guide
Cheers
Jay
Thank you, that so helpful for me. I following your guide and it's working perfect now.

here is the file. I hope it goes well.

PS: Something is not right with your build signatures as your posted screen grabs show High Sierra running on Haswell CPU with Nvidia 1050Ti but your build signature for your High Sierra system shows a i7 6700K CPU with Nvidia 1070 FE and your i7 4770K system is running MacOS Mojave.

Please update your build signature to reflect the correct hardware and MacOS version in each build.
[/QUOTE]

I have 2 systems: home (z87x / i7-4770 / igpu hd4600 and egpu gtx 1050ti) and office (z170a / i7-6700 / igpu 530 and egpu nvidia 1070).
on that of the house I tried to install Mojave on another SSD but too many complications with the 2 cards; I put the disk aside with mojave waiting for the drivers to be released.

Attachments

• debug_23906.zip
    2 MB · Views: 75
here is the file. I hope it goes well.

@dgs57,

Nothing jumps out at me being wrong, the only thing I can suggest is adding the Device Property "device-id" for your IGPU and se the value to 12040000 :-

Save the change, reboot and see if it helps

Cheers
Jay

I have 2 systems: home (z87x / i7-4770 / igpu hd4600 and egpu gtx 1050ti) and office (z170a / i7-6700 / igpu 530 and egpu nvidia 1070).

@dgs57,

I assume you mean dGPU's (GPU is on internal PCIe bus) and not eGPU's connected via TB3 ?

Lets try setting a few necessary Clover options i doubt it will help, but you never know ...

NOTE: No need add the "device-id" Property that I suggested in my last post, looks like WhatEverGreen is already doing that for you as its in your ioreg dump.

Everything else in your config.plist looks ok to me, IGPU is in your ioreg with the correct headless PlatformID.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@dgs57,

Nothing jumps out at me being wrong, the only thing I can suggest is adding the Device Property "device-id" for your IGPU and se the value to 12040000 :-

View attachment 384933

Save the change, reboot and see if it helps

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay,
solo per un feedback, ho inserito il dispositivo-id, ma nulla è cambiato. Poco importa, grazie per la tua disponibilità e velocità nelle risposte

PS:
Jay,
sorry but I had not seen your last post before thanking you.
later that I go home I try to insert your last reports and update you

Last edited:
Back