Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone knows how to boot with the 7770 sapphire? my MOBO does not have internal vga.
i tried lots of flas as pciroot 0; pciroot 1; but only works with GE=no of course it shows only withe screen.
with -v i found this error at boot (attached photo)

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 292
I have a 6GB Vapor X 7970 GHz Edition card. I would like to contribute to the thread with how Mac OS X plays with the card because not a lot has been posted about it. I was wondering is it possible to install OS X with the card in because reading this thread seems like I need it installed without it in the computer. Could I install OS X from a Mac with needed kexts and then put the drive into my machine?
Could you try installing it with the card in via a fresh 10.8.3 installation, using Chimera 1.11.1 r1394 (the one included with MultiBeast 5.2.1--NOT Chimera 2.0.x) and posting the results?
(If your card isn't a reference design there are no guarantees that it'll work, but anything you can find out about your 7970's relationship with OS X could be really helpful.)

Edit: It looks like what you have is not a reference design. :( Maybe you can get lucky with the generic "RadeonFrameBuffer," which OS X might load for your card if the PCB is close enough to reference. But seeing how you've got 2 DVI ports and no HD 7000 framebuffer supports that directly, that alone says best case scenario you won't have QE/CI working at all without hacking the driver yourself...

Is it necessary to do a new install when using a 7950 for instance?

I have a fully working 10.8.3 install with a 6870 in it, can't i just swap cards?
You can do an upgrade, but you just need to upgrade with the old card in to ensure nothing goes wrong (like you did). You can swap cards once 10.8.3 is installed, so go ahead.

Someone knows how to boot with the 7770 sapphire? my MOBO does not have internal vga.
i tried lots of flas as pciroot 0; pciroot 1; but only works with GE=no of course it shows only withe screen.
with -v i found this error at boot (attached photo)
Have you tried using the MBR thing mentioned in the first post?

just because you used unibeast doesn't mean the stick is mbr.
you have to go to disk utility, choose your usb stick, then klick on partitionlayout, klick one partition.
before you klick on partition go to options and choose mbr.

(In addition to the above post)
Try booting with the AtiPorts=4 flag at Chimera on the USB drive. It looks like it isn't detecting your graphics card properly and is setting the ports to 0. This is a reference card, right? What's the model?

(In addition to the above post)
Try booting with the AtiPorts=4 flag at Chimera on the USB drive. It looks like it isn't detecting your graphics card properly and is setting the ports to 0. This is a reference card, right? What's the model?

Ati HD7770 Sapphire GHz edition

As long as it's not the flex edition it should be working... Try our suggestions and post back your results.

After that, do you have another graphics card you could use for installation purposes?
You could swap it out for the 7770 after you're done, assuming you're fresh-installing 10.8.3.

As long as it's not the flex edition it should be working... Try our suggestions and post back your results.

After that, do you have another graphics card you could use for installation purposes?
You could swap it out for the 7770 after you're done, assuming you're fresh-installing 10.8.3.

Yes i have a 5770 sapphire that i used since 10.8.2, and just now after 10.8.3 update i was trying to get work with 7770

Hey all,

I have a Sapphire 1gb HD7770 Ive been trying to get working. Hopefully I can contribute to this thread. I am having issues because my board does not let me boot with intel HD4000 graphics while it is plugged in, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back