Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sapphire 7950 OC working... kind of.

clean 10.8.3 install

then followed Tony's first post:
booted with Unibeast MBR and did the sleep trick. Everything worked until I realized i forgot to repair permissions after running Multibeast. Got a hard freeze during permissions repair and after that reboot I could not get the machine to sleep again (screen went black but fans stayed running) so I couldn't get into OSX again using the 7950.

Swapped back to my 5770, completed permissions repair (which included some bad permissions on Graphics frameworks, maybe that had something to do with it) and here I am.

anyway, will keep trying! Just skimmed the previous posts, I don't have internal graphics so I can't try that out.

h67n f9
i5 2400

I have a 6GB Vapor X 7970 GHz Edition card. I would like to contribute to the thread with how Mac OS X plays with the card because not a lot has been posted about it. I was wondering is it possible to install OS X with the card in because reading this thread seems like I need it installed without it in the computer. Could I install OS X from a Mac with needed kexts and then put the drive into my machine?

hrm, well I definitely had some bad permissions.

anyway, tested sleep with the 5770, tried again, and all seems to be working! whooot!

EDIT: attached benchmark for Unigine. so far everything works great except no GPU temp in my sensors list

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 10.40.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 10.40.19 PM.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 552
  • unigine.png
    unigine.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 283
Just did a clean install of 10.8.3 and I've been trying to get my 7770 working (I actually did once but I then managed to break the OS so I did another fresh install). Anyway until now I've been using my HD4000 under OS X and 7770 in Windows. Now I keep getting stuck on "NTFS Volume name , version 3.1" on a clean install (with the 7770 plugged in and correctly configured), from what I've read online if I delete all graphics kexts things will work fine (without QE/CI) but that seems like a waste. So... How can I get things going without wasting my graphics cards potential.

Well after spending 4 hours trying to get it to work, I am going to start from scratch...backing up my stuff now and then will go ahead and start from scratch.

Hopefully it will work this way.

Anyone have luck with HD 7850m graphics? I have an HP envy 17-32xx and of course HP decided to only use the Radeon graphics (hd4000) doesn't show up at all as an adapter in Windows -_-

ANYONE????

Still no go with 7850, tried custom DSDT, Clover bootloader, devid in the kexts. It just stops after DSMOS has arrived, will boot with -x but other than that its a bust.

I test the method with the IGP first, bug there was also an error. He can't arrive to initialized the graphics cards in "slot-1", it stoped at the line MAX-weap... :problem: (motherboard msi z77a-g43).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back