Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone,
Someone know why after sleep my mouse is very slow, in five minutes i did only one movement.... o_O
I did a new install and i confirm that the solution for active sleep on motherboard msi z77a-g43 and maybe on other non-gigabyte motherboard is :
1)Delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in System/Library/Extensions
2)Delete also AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
3)Open Multibeast, Drivers, system and install Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
4)Reboot with GraphicsEnabler=No you will have the white screen go to sleep and get up ;)

Hey all,

I have a Sapphire 1gb HD7770 Ive been trying to get working. Hopefully I can contribute to this thread. I am having issues because my board does not let me boot with intel HD4000 graphics while it is plugged in, any suggestions?
Can you install everything normally on the HD 4000 without the 7770 plugged in, and then add in the 7770 afterwards? It seems like these Sapphire 7770s are being weird; do you have the same problem as Khor?

Khor said:
Ok i just tested with AtiPorts=4 -v same error, it just change value from 0 to 4
And it normally works fine under 10.8.3 with your 5770?
Because, if it does, try using both with the 5770 as the primary card.
It just may turn out that for some reason the 7xxx series cards need to be set as secondary in order to load.

Had one last go with 2Gb 7850, tried editing the DSDT with various settings, no matter what I do it just sits at spinning circle on grey screen.

Hey everybody, I want to build a CustoMac ATX now that the Radeon 7000-series is supported, although it seems rather kinky. Anybody here tested OSX with a Sapphire 7870 XT ? It's the Tahiti LE one.

Thanks

Can you install everything normally on the HD 4000 without the 7770 plugged in, and then add in the 7770 afterwards? It seems like these Sapphire 7770s are being weird; do you have the same problem as Khor?

Yes I already have 10.8.3 loaded, Im on it right now using intel HD4000. Is there any kext that will make this easier. It is the second last piece to my 100% success =[

And it normally works fine under 10.8.3 with your 5770?
Because, if it does, try using both with the 5770 as the primary card.
It just may turn out that for some reason the 7xxx series cards need to be set as secondary in order to load.

yup 5770 with 10.8.3 work like a charm

xmowax said:
Yes I already have 10.8.3 loaded, Im on it right now using intel HD4000. Is there any kext that will make this easier. It is the second last piece to my 100% success =[
The kext is already there.
You should be able to just set Intel HD 4000 as primary in your BIOS/UEFI, stick your 7770 in there, and it should work. You won't see anything during boot unless you have a monitor plugged into the HD 4000, but it does boot. I'd recommend getting 2 monitors, one for the 7770 and one for the HD 4000, to make everything's booting properly.
Khor said:
yup 5770 with 10.8.3 work like a charm
Great! Could you please try booting with both installed (with the 5770 set as primary in your BIOS/UEFI) and posting the results?

I will set up a second monitor right now

FYI the 7770 device ID is not in the kext natively- only 7750, 7870, 7950, 7970.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back