Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanks, anything specific in that guide you're referencing? Seems pretty specific to that motherboard

EDIT:: for the small fat partition, is there a way to make that without having to reformat / partition my entire OSX drive? I wouldn't want to lose the work and such I've done on it with a clean install. Not sure if I can just open it in disk utility and add a 2nd partition to the drive?

thanks, anything specific in that guide you're referencing? Seems pretty specific to that motherboard

Making the small FAT partition is the key of the success.

Making the small FAT partition is the key of the success.

Can you do that in Disk Utility without destroying the original partition? like just shrink it and use the "free" space for the new FAT partition? If I can just create a new FAT partition without losing my current OSX partition that would be fantastic as I really really don't want to start fresh >_< I'd check for myself but I'm currently away from my hackintosh.

EDIT: Also what will this fix? The giberrish text? I Notice in that guide, he says to create the FAT partition but then he doesnt do anything with it? I guess I'm confused as to what purpose it serves, excuse my ignorance. :)

Can you do that in Disk Utility without destroying the original partition? If I can just create a new FAT partition without losing my current OSX partition that would be fantastic as I really really don't want to start fresh >_< I'd check for myself but I'm currently away from my hackintosh.

Yes you can. You can make new partition using the free space of the drive, it will shorten the original partition. Just follow the partition creation part of that guide.

Yes you can. You can make new partition using the free space of the drive, it will shorten the original partition. Just follow the partition creation part of that guide.

Will do, thanks for the info. Did you also Disable ATI7000Controller.kext before first boot (Steps 6 and 7)?

Will do, thanks for the info. Did you also Disable ATI7000Controller.kext before first boot (Steps 6 and 7)?

No. My system was already installed, I was booting from the USB Stick. Then I just made the FAT partition, then installed the latest Chameleon on my boot partition, removed the USB Pen drive and boot from the HDD.

No. My system was already installed, I was booting from the USB Stick. Then I just made the FAT partition, then installed the latest Chameleon on my boot partition, removed the USB Pen drive and boot from the HDD.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! My bootloader is all fixed and my hackintosh is booting wonderfully without the USB. The community here rocks, everyone is so helpful. Thanks again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! My bootloader is all fixed and my hackintosh is booting wonderfully without the USB. The community here rocks, everyone is so helpful. Thanks again.

Cool! I'm happy it worked for you. I added answers to some of your questions in a FAQ at the end of my build instructions. Hopefully that will be helpful for the next person. Don't forget to click the "Recommend" button at the top if you like my build instructions...it makes me feel special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back