Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I I have a 7970 Sapphire Ghz edition 3 gig that i am trying to get to work, I hooked up the dvi cable to my monitor on the motherboard p8z77-m pro dvi slot. When i try to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No -V it stops loading at com_lnx2mac_realtekRTL81.

I am wondering what i am doing wrong.

Here is a small script that "fix" the "white screen" bug for those with "sleep" problems.

You have to blindly type your password or set auto-login. Not perfect, but at least I can use my desktop... :)

-----------------

First, boot with -x or another supported GPU

Get fp-rotate from this site and uncompress it somewhere:
http://modbookish.lefora.com/2010/06/29/a-unix-utility-to-change-the-primary-display-on-os/

Open Automator.app
Select "Application"
Choose "Run shell script" (from the Actions/Utilities)
Paste this script (change de path):

/Users/user/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 90
/Users/user/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 0

Save the script somewhere.

Go to System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login items and add the script.

(Optional: you can set auto login too).

Boot the same way you used to get the white screen. :)

This Worked a treat thanks..

I am running an MSI R7970 Lightning 3GB.

I even reinstalled 10.8 from scratch then used the appstore to update and it still worked, it does show as an AMD 7xxx but qi/ce seams to work, i've tried COD 4 and it played fine...

Everything working fine now, it was a bios setting. That was making the error.

Cannot get this to work. Says it cannot open when I try to run script. Here are my steps:

1. Download FP-Rotate and uncompress the folder (with files) to desktop. I do nothing else and leave it there.--Am I supposed to install it?
2. Open automater, and find the 'Run shell Script', then I delete "cat" within the box and replace it with the script. I then change /Users/xxxx/... to my name computer name (replace the xxxx).
3. I save it to desktop as 'Application', there was also the option for Workflow.
4. Afterwards I set it to run at Login Items.

When I finish this, the screen is still white and when I do the sleep trick and logon to the desktop the message "cannot open/error loading etc." comes up.

Doing something wrong, I wrote down the steps so that someone could help me in that regard.

Here is a small script that "fix" the "white screen" bug for those with "sleep" problems.

You have to blindly type your password or set auto-login. Not perfect, but at least I can use my desktop... :)

-----------------

First, boot with -x or another supported GPU

Get fp-rotate from this site and uncompress it somewhere:
http://modbookish.lefora.com/2010/06/29/a-unix-utility-to-change-the-primary-display-on-os/

Open Automator.app
Select "Application"
Choose "Run shell script" (from the Actions/Utilities)
Paste this script (change de path):

/Users/user/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 90
/Users/user/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 0

Save the script somewhere.

Go to System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login items and add the script.

(Optional: you can set auto login too).

Boot the same way you used to get the white screen. :)

Disregard latter post I figured it out.

Did not put the path to the folder of 'rotate' correctly.

I use gigabyte HD 7950 (I think it is not reference design) and it works great so far as described. I can boot with ATI first and get the white screen or I boot with IGFX and have the problem to boot blind.
Because I use a dual boot system with Windows 8 for me it would be perfect if we can find a solution to boot without white screen AND also have a visible bootloader. But so far I found no solution for this.

How did u get your 7950 to work without IGP?

Still no luck with my sapphire vapor x 7970 3gb.......
Hd 4000 works fine and also my previous sapphire 6850, except 7970 installed. ( 10.8.3)
i7 3770k/Ga Z77 ds3h/samsung ssd/16gb ram on Win8 everything fine with the GPU ( in AMD Visioncenter it shows the norm. 7970 id# eg.)
Tried to boot with MBR formated unibeast stick ( latest version, where can I double check if its MBR ?), GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes, the Pcieroot thing and IGPU 1. in EFI e.g.
I ll always hang onto the grey apple logo spinning the wheel, -x works with 3mb gpu status, -v I get this:

Even if this doesn´t work right now, TONYMAC TEAM you are awesome, thx a lot !!!!! :)

Ever get this working? Same issue...

i have the HIS 7950 3GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161400

i have been running solidly with lion then mountain lion for a while now, my hard ware GA X58-Ud3r, i7 930, 6gb corsir xms ram, ati 5770 vapor-x

so since the release of 10.8.3 i decided i can finally upgrade the gpu on my rig, brought the HIS 7950 as above and.......sold my 5770 :( mistake!
so i have no onboard/integrated graphics.

can no longer boot of the hdd, i get the boot error and the gibberish text. then i tried booting with unibeast using -v & -x,GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes, Aticonfig= Chutoro, AtiPort=1/2/3/4/...

i either get the error that says something like fatal and something to do with the gpu or still waiting for root device

can anyone point me in the right direction?

would love to add this to the working list!:)

Click the link in my sig for the 7970 build and do the following steps:

1) Fix the gibberish by adding the small FAT partition and then running the wizard (see instructions on my link).
2) Make sure you have all you need to sleep with your configuration and then do a sleep/wake when you get to white screen or black screen on boot.

You do not need to format your drive to add the FAT partition. You can just click the + and add it.

yeah i have already had a quick read thorough your guide but i can boot into osx at all to follow these steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back