Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say that after seeing the updated post here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

The update was 03/01/2017. The new kext files completely resolved my black screen and colored lines problem!!
Finally after over a month I have a running hackintosh with the nvidia web drivers active. :)

But I write explicitly in my guide that one has to apply the AGDPfix for MacPro 6.1 Systems! And I repeatedly asked you if you have applied it to your system. Thus, I do not understand the novel part of the entire story. Was there some recent update of the AGDPfix by 03/01/2017 that solved your particular problem? An what was your particular problems that deviated from all other system configurations?

But I write explicitly in my guide that one has to apply the AGDPfix for MacPro 6.1 Systems! And I repeatedly asked you if you have applied it to your system. Thus, I do not understand the novel part of the entire story. Was there some recent update of the AGDPfix by 03/01/2017 that solved your particular problem? An what was your particular problems that deviated from all other system configurations?

Did you read the 3/01/17 update? That doesn't seem to have anything to do with the AGDPFix. Yes, I installed the AGDPFix every single time I installed OSX and it *never* worked.

The update post:
"EDIT (03/01/2017):
vit9696 offered a new solution for those who want an easy fix. I haven't tested this but it sounds like it bypasses the offending functionality of Apple Graphics Display Policy. Because it is a separate pair of kexts, it should not require any actions (re-patching) after updates. Install the Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. It says it's for MacPro6,1 but omrij claims it works for iMac15,1 as well. I'd be curious if it works for the iMac 17 board IDs too."

Did you read the 3/01/17 update? That doesn't seem to have anything to do with the AGDPFix. Yes, I installed the AGDPFix every single time I installed OSX and it *never* worked.

The update post:
"EDIT (03/01/2017):
vit9696 offered a new solution for those who want an easy fix. I haven't tested this but it sounds like it bypasses the offending functionality of Apple Graphics Display Policy. Because it is a separate pair of kexts, it should not require any actions (re-patching) after updates. Install the Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. It says it's for MacPro6,1 but omrij claims it works for iMac15,1 as well. I'd be curious if it works for the iMac 17 board IDs too."

I indeed read the 3/01/17 update and you? Let me quote the author:

"My last easy solution is a AppleScript app (AGDPfix.app) that patches the OEM kext's info.plist via shell scripts. OS X updates usually cause the kext to be overwritten/updated so the app must be run again after updating OS X, but it's a lot easier than manually patching the info.plist every time. I originally created v1.0 for MacPro6,1 only but have now updated it to v1.1 for use with iMac15/17 sys defs as well. Feel free to download and use the app attached below. NOTE: You will need to use the boot argument kext-dev-mode=1 for 10.10 Yosemite."

So the apparent change in 3/01/17 seems to be that the AGPDfix now also works for iMac15/17 system definitions. MacPro 6,1 system definitions seem not to be affected by the update. And I explicitly say in my post that you should use the MacPro 6,1 system definition for your built. There is no reason to go for iMac15/17 sys defs, are there?

I indeed read the 3/01/17 update and you? Let me quote the author:

"My last easy solution is a AppleScript app (AGDPfix.app) that patches the OEM kext's info.plist via shell scripts. OS X updates usually cause the kext to be overwritten/updated so the app must be run again after updating OS X, but it's a lot easier than manually patching the info.plist every time. I originally created v1.0 for MacPro6,1 only but have now updated it to v1.1 for use with iMac15/17 sys defs as well. Feel free to download and use the app attached below. NOTE: You will need to use the boot argument kext-dev-mode=1 for 10.10 Yosemite."

So the apparent change in 3/01/17 seems to be that the AGPDfix now also works for iMac15/17 system definitions. MacPro 6,1 system definitions seem not to be affected by the update.

You clearly did NOT read it...or my post.

"EDIT (03/01/2017):

The thing you quoted to me is an old post. I did that part of the guide several times. It is *not* not same as the new kexts.
This is completely separate from the AGDPFix.

You clearly did NOT read it...or my post.

"EDIT (03/01/2017):

The thing you quoted to me is an old post. I did that part of the guide several times. It is *not* not same as the new kexts.
This is completely separate from the AGDPFix.

I quoted the post for which you provided the link above! And I read it, sorry! And your post too. Please read the entire post and not only part of it..

Last edited:
iMessage question on this build.
My iMessage sort of works, but I can't send. any ideas I have read the very lengthy guide, and tried all of the things, but I still have no resolution.

Kevin

Dear Wojt, what we have in common is the motherboard. The graphic card might not be the problem. Once you have the i7-6800K, you should also be fine from the hardware side. Please check once more the BIOS settings. Hopefully you can reach a stable system.... Cheers and good luck!

!!Update!! One thing might help! The board reacts very sensitive to repeated crashes, accumulating currents that badly influence its power management and stability. The following counter measurement might help: Switch off your PC. Switch of power supply and remove power cable. Remove the battery from the motherboard and relocate it in opposite directions for 5 min, producing a short-cut. After 5 minutes plug the battery in correct direction, connect the power cable and switch on the power supply. Boot and reconfigure the BIOS.

Hey!

Thanks a million for your reply! I have manage to install my first Hackintosh! I think that the braking point was updating my bios ( kinda school boy error). However at some point I was trying various different settings for clover. At the moment the only thing I have left to sort is being able to monitor my temperatures and control the fans.How did you solve that problem? According to the intel gadget temperature is ok /30-40 C , also CPU is jumping up and down so there is some power management going. (?)
I tried to use hardware controller, but the mobo wouldn't boot with no fans plugged to the mobo it self. Also the sound signal is a wee bit low.
Again, thanks for any advice!
Best
Wojtek

@kgp
Thank you for the build guide! Recently I've build a similar computer for a friend. With this guide help I've managed to run Sierra on similar specs (i7 6800k, x99-a II, GTX 980ti, two m.2 nvme disks and WiFi/BT combo PCI card) I'm still having issues with Overclocking and sleep. Going past 4.1 GHz gives me crashes and kernel panics. The most stable speed for CPU is 4.1 GHz. Playing with voltages settings in BIOS gives instant crash while loading the system. Now I have everything on auto (voltages) with 4.1 GHz.

Hey!
....However at some point I was trying various different settings for clover. At the moment the only thing I have left to sort is being able to monitor my temperatures and control the fans.How did you solve that problem? According to the intel gadget temperature is ok /30-40 C , also CPU is jumping up and down so there is some power management going. (?)
I tried to use hardware controller, but the mobo wouldn't boot with no fans plugged to the mobo it self. Also the sound signal is a wee bit low.

Wojtek, try this:
https://bitbucket.org/kozlek/hwsensors/downloads/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back