Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out this Guide on the Black monitor issue. We have the same system except I am running an Areca 1680 Raid card and a Blackmagic 4K Monitor Card. I am currently using the VoodooHDA method for sound which works but I hate the quality. I have another sound method that works, but the port mapping is wonky.

Kevin

I clearly describe in my guide the CloverALC and CloverHDMI option.. Please carefully read my guide.. Concerning the black monitor issue, did you apply the AGDPfix that also is addressed in my guide?

Last edited:
Thank you for this guide, it was really helpful!

Working config:

- Asus x99-Deluxe II
- i7-6950x (no OC) with Speedstep working (24h+ no crash so far)
- NVMe SSD Samsung 960 Pro
- GTX Titan X (Maxwell)

I'm currently having issues when I attempt to OC the processor (random reboots). I think this is due to Speedstep, I will need to investigate.

Other noticeable stuff that are not working atm:

- Audio (I need to find a decent patch)
- One of the two Ethernet ports (I need to find the right kext)
- Sometimes clover won't boot OSX for some reason... (black screen right after selecting the drive)

If you guys have any tips for the non-working pieces your help would be appreciated.

I clearly describe in my guide the CloverALC and CloverHDMI option.. Please carefully read my guide.. Concerning the black monitor issue, did you apply the AGDPfix that also is addressed in my guide?

Last edited:
Hi Kevin, I think you forgot to mention the link to the guide.

I'm also getting some random kernel panics at boot now from time to time, not sure why, it also seems to be random.

For audio I was planning to use the "Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]": https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/

I clearly describe in my guide the CloverALC and CloverHDMI option.. Please carefully read my guide.. Concerning the black monitor issue, did you apply the AGDPfix that also is addressed in my guide? Concerning the kernel panics please check your BIOS settings.

Last edited:

Thanks, yeah I had the feeling it was GPU related. I'm also getting random WindowServer crashes which cause KP.

I clearly describe in my guide the CloverALC and CloverHDMI option! Please carefully read my guide! Concerning the black monitor issue, did you apply the AGDPfix that also is addressed in my guide?

Thank you kgp, I missed the "Optional Audio Configuration" part. I did apply the AGDPfix, it fixed the "all the time" boot black screen which appears when Nvidia Web drivers are being used. I think the issue is somewhere else, because it randomly happens right before the next Clover screen right after you select the drive to boot on. (I'm booting in verbose mode btw, the black screen happens right before anything gets written on the screen, then the computer reboots)

Also this doesn't occur for every boot, just like the kernel panics, it happens I would say 40% of the boots. The other 60% being when everything boots perfectly well.

Last edited:
I clearly describe in my guide the CloverALC and CloverHDMI option! Please carefully read my guide! Concerning the black monitor issue, did you apply the AGDPfix that also is addressed in my guide?
You know I did. My problems came when I attached 2 monitors. So I had to create an SSDT. The Guide I am referring to is also done by Shiloh the author of the AGDPfix. We worked back and forth to solve the problem and he updated the guide to reflect changes made due to x99 boards.

Have you been able to monitor GPU (GTX 980Ti) on this board? I can't get it working so far. Only fans, cpu, voltages and hdd are being monitored. I've tried diferent versions of FakeSMC with GPU monitoring kext/plugin but no GPU readings

Last edited:
- Audio (I need to find a decent patch)
For audio use Clover DSDT patch
Code:
<key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>ALZA to HDEF</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    QUxaQQ==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    SERFRg==
                    </data>
                </dict>
            </array>

in Clover devices put this:
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>1</string>
            <key>ResetHDA</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>

and audio kext from https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC

Still getting kernel panics after I swapped my Titan X GPU for an old Nvidia GPU and then an old ADM GPU. These kernel panics that mostly occur after 6-12h of activity are not related to the GPU but to something else, now I'm sure of it. I think it comes from Speedstep being unstable.

Just like kgp points in his guide, i7-6950x Speedstep isn't stable. And this is also confirmed by the overlocking issue I'm getting (can't overclock without KP after 5 min of use).

I'll disable Speedstep and see if I can have a better uptime without KP.

Then I'll try to follow this guide (unless someone can suggest a better approach): https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/xcpm-for-unsupported-processor/

Last edited:
Please give me instructions for Samsung ssd 960 pro m.2 guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back