Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid Question (Sorry): Should I replace the existing files? Like config.plist and IntelmausiEthernet.kext?

If you already sucessfully implemented and modified the config. plist and /kexts/10.12/ directory before and also already successfully implemented the modified version of IntelmausiEthernet.kext, you have not to do any of these steps! I did not modify that part of the guide at all! However, if you create for the first time the macOS USB Flash Drive Installer and the respective EFI-Directory, all these steps are absolutely mandatory.

In any case, don't forget to edit the config.plist with Clover Configurator, and verify that all USB related "DSDT-Patches", as indicated now in my guide, are removed or disabled in the "ACPI"-Section of the Clover Configurator. Also verify that in the "Devices Section" of Clover Configurator, all USB-related entries are unchecked!

Cheers,

KGP

Is it necessary to type it in again after the first reboot (Installation)?

If you checked these boot flags in the "Boot" Section of Clover Configurator for both config.plists on your USB Flash Drive Installer and 10.12 System Disk, it is certainly not necessary to manually add these boot flags at boot.

If these boot flags however remained unchecked in the "Boot" Section of the Clover Configurator for the respective config.plist on the device your are intending to boot, you will have to manually add these boot flags at boot!

I strongly recommend to opt for the primer option!

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
@Synth1980 Its absolutely mandatory to use the Kext itself without any other things related to USB!
SM BIOS MacPro 6,1 has to be also selected in Config.plist!

But @Synth1980 employs the ASUS X99-E WS/USB3.1! So far DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext has been just confirmed to work with the ASUS X99-A II and ASUS X99 Deluxe II. He might need to create his own board-specific kext. To do so, I recommended to start with the XHC USB Dummy Kext attached to my Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop guide, which has all 14 HS and 6 SS-Ports still implemented. To create his own board-specific kext it would not make much sense to use DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext as a base. The use of DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext would just make sense if the latter would be also compatible with the ASUS X99-E WS/USB3.1, which further requires an identical USB implementation on the ASUS X99-E WS/USB3.1, when compared with the ASUS X99-A II and ASUS X99 Deluxe II! Thus , the creation of a board-specific XHC Usb Kext for the X99-E WS/USB3.1 would be obsolete.

It guess it is important to mention and clarify this once more.

Cheers,

KGP

@kgp Ops, thought that he use an A-II or an Deluxe...

Edit: But wait... he said that after he disabled the usb entries in Clover the Kext start working, so it seems that it’s also working with the X99-E WS.

No, if I properly understood and I am not totally wrong, @Synth1980 referred herewith to the X99_Injector USB 3.kext..

Let's see what he replies...

Hi all my computer has been running well for a month or so, but I just turned it on and out of no where I get this error when I open apple applications like Safari, system preferences, even finder! Equally I can not see the time/date or other built in widgets.
"
System Preferences quit unexpectedly while using the Metal plug-in."

I updated clover and restarted, and things are ok again. Not sure what worked the restart or the update... Does anyone know what this was about. I am not convinced that it won't come back or get worse in the future.
Thanks

Last edited:
What you mean by 2.3 or 2.6? Units? GHz?

Did your run ssdtPRGen.sh with the proper -turbo flag? Did you properly configure the CPU Clock Ratio in your mobo BIOS?

When I turn SpeedStep on, Intel Power Tool reports 2.3GHZ-when I disable SpeedStep, Intel Power Tool reports 2.6GHZ; steady.

During this step: Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Guide :idea:

I was able to add the KEXTTOPATCH, however ("sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode") returned ZERO. I also was able to derive my SSDT with PIKER-ALPHA's tool by defining my own processor. A question on that; in my config plist am I supposed to leave the config plist as it is. I am using the config plist per your instructions. The config plist does have three entries for ssdt drops(?) already.
I was also able to do the steps for IMessage successfully until the actual logging on which was unsuccessful. Apple refused to let me log on.
At that time; if you remember the movie 'Dude, Where's my Car?' when they are in the Chinese Fast Food Drive through - that's how I feel when I say, "and then my Corsair AX860i started intermittently and randomly cycling on and off".

The end result is Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) and IMessage were not successful.

My bios and computer report the correct CPU and memory. A couple of things in your ASUS bios aren't in my ASROCK - Multicore Enhancement, EIST(I have IST), PLL Overvoltage, the USB settings aren't called out by the letters like yours but by USB Mode type ... however my USB does work like the various description allow.

You wrote - " Did your run ssdtPRGen.sh with the proper -turbo flag?"
I put MAX Turbo of 3600 instead of 2600, which is it's max all core speed.
Finally by 'configure the CPU Clock Ratio in your mobo BIOS" it's just on auto.
My computer boots and runs, I returned my PSU to B&H

GEEKBENCH single 2554 multi 29,500 OSX 10.12.6
Geekbench single 4000 multi ~26,500 WIN 10

Last edited:
When I turn SpeedStep on, Intel Power Tool reports 2.3GHZ-when I disable SpeedStep, Intel Power Tool reports 2.6GHZ; steady.

During this step: Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Guide :idea:

I was able to add the KEXTTOPATCH, however ("sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode") returned ZERO. I also was able to derive my SSDT with PIKER-ALPHA's tool by defining my own processor. A question on that; in my config plist am I supposed to leave the config plist as it is. I am using the config plist per your instructions. The config plist does have three entries for ssdt drops(?) already.
I was also able to do the steps for IMessage successfully until the actual logging on which was unsuccessful. Apple refused to let me log on.
At that time; if you remember the movie 'Dude, Where's my Car?' when they are in the Chinese Fast Food Drive through - that's how I feel when I say, "and then my Corsair AX860i started intermittently and randomly cycling on and off".

The end result is Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) and IMessage were not successful.

My bios and computer report the correct CPU and memory. A couple of things in your ASUS bios aren't in my ASROCK - Multicore Enhancement, EIST(I have IST), PLL Overvoltage, the USB settings aren't called out by the letters like yours but by USB Mode type ... however my USB does work like the various description allow.

Finally by 'configure the CPU Clock Ratio in your mobo BIOS" it's just on auto.
My computer boots and runs, I returned my PSU to B&H

GEEKBENCH single 2554 multi 29,500 OSX 10.12.6
Geekbench single 4000 multi ~26,500 WIN 10

a.) Which KextToPatch?

b.) The actual config.plist has 3 Drop table entries..

c.) I the login to iMessage has been prevented by Apple means that you did not successfully apply and pass an Idiot's guide to iMessage!

d.) The cpu clock ratio in my BIOS is not set to "Auto", it is set to 42!!! (4200 MHz)!!!

Which KextToPatch? I meant KERNEL to Patch which I had just like yours. My Kext to Patch came with the config.plist and it was the second one with the smaller amount of USB PORTS

b.) The actual config.plist has 3 Drop table entries.. Mine has that - I put the generated SSDT in the PATCHED ACPI folder which has the m.2 patch in it

c.) I the login to iMessage has been prevented by Apple means that you did not successfully apply and pass an Idiot's guide to iMessage! I did pass - at the end it had other qualification warnings that did not match my conditions. The two main steps I did complete I will look at that again but appreciate your direct engagement

d.) The cpu clock ratio in my BIOS is not set to "Auto", it is set to 42!!! (4200 MHz)!!! Yeah I should do that Sorry I have read that from you so many times but didn't get it! Thanks

Last edited:
a.) Which KextToPatch?

b.) The actual config.plist has 3 Drop table entries..

c.) I the login to iMessage has been prevented by Apple means that you did not successfully apply and pass an Idiot's guide to iMessage!

d.) The cpu clock ratio in my BIOS is not set to "Auto", it is set to 42!!! (4200 MHz)!!!

I don't have cpu clock ratio in my bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back