Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't do that. It's my working station and most of the software are not supported yet. 10.13.4-10.13.5 is high probability for upgrade, but not yet.
The only way to restore all ports with X99_Injector USB 3.kext is to downgrade back to 10.12.5?

Try to use the XHC USB Kext, attached below. Note however, that this XHC USB Kext is board-specific and in principle only compatible with the ASUS X99-A II and the ASUS X99 Deluxe II! If it does not work with your mobo, you can create your own board-specific XHC USB Kext by following the detailed XHC USB kext creation guideline in Section E.4) of my Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide. It also fully applies to 10.12.6 and X99! If you succeed in building your XHC USB Kext, please report back by uploading the respective kext. I will distribute it subsequently within my XHC USB Kext library! If you need any support or help during the XHC USB Kext creation, don't hesitate in contacting me.

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB-kext.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 60
Thanks for pointing me to your guide. It looks even more comprehensive than this one. However, I still haven't been able to get my Thunderbolt device recognized in Sierra so far. I've tried various Bios settings and tried installing the card into every single PCI_e slot as well.

The question I have is: Do I need to have an active Windows installation alongside Os X installation even after everything was setup in Windows? I mean, I've installed Windows to download and install Thunderbolt drivers. Once I was done with all of that and verified that Thunderbolt port was active in Windows, I've used that same drive for a Sierra installation. So I currently do not have Windows installed on the machine, only Sierra. That should be fine, right?

Nope, you always need the Windows installation to correctly run the ThunderboltEX 3 in parallel under OS X.

I am stuck. Intel Power Gadget either shows 2.3 or 2.6 depending if I enable or disable Intel Speed Step.. I tried Bramber's PMDrv as well. but nothing really works. Had a couple Radom reboots today when I tried to get IMESSAGE going. I was successful in generating the serial number and clearing it, but could not log on. So it just seems that while I have a bootable 20 core Mac, I can't get past the basic things.

What you mean by 2.3 or 2.6? Units? GHz?

Did your run ssdtPRGen.sh with the proper -turbo flag? Did you properly configure the CPU Clock Ratio in your mobo BIOS?

Try to use the XHC USB Kext, attached below. Note however, that this XHC USB Kext is board-specific and in principle only compatible with the ASUS X99-A II and the ASUS X99 Deluxe II! If it does not work with your mobo, you can create your own board-specific XHC USB Kext by following the detailed XHC USB kext creation guideline in Section E.4) of my Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide. It also fully applies to 10.12.6 and X99! If you succeed in building your XHC USB Kext, please report back by uploading the respective kext. I will distribute it subsequently within my XHC USB Kext library! If you need any support or help during the XHC USB Kext creation, don't hesitate in contacting me.

Cheers,

KGP
I've removed X99_Injector USB 3.kext and placed DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext
USB behavior stays the same. I think that it'll be easier for me to edit DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext rather than create my own from scratch because creation is a bit complex for me and X99-A-II-USB is almost the same but I assume that id's can be different. Will check it asap. Thanks!

may be I should turn off USB related stuff in clover as well as remaining XHC's in DSDT packing to use DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext?

Last edited:
I've removed X99_Injector USB 3.kext and placed DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext
USB behavior stays the same. I think that it'll be easier for me to edit DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext rather than create my own from scratch because creation is a bit complex for me and X99-A-II-USB is almost the same but I assume that id's can be different. Will check it asap. Thanks!

Attached to my Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide is a XHC USB Dummy Kext, which you should use as the onset for your XHC USB Kext development. Do not intent to modify DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext, this won't work!

Cheers,

KGP

Attached to my Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide is a XHC USB Dummy Kext, which you should use as the onset for your XHC USB Kext development. Do not intent to modify DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext, this won't work!

Cheers,

KGP
I've disable those patches
Code:
Comment:                   Find* [Hex]       Replace* [Hex]
change _OSI to XOSI        5f4f5349          584f5349
change EHC1 to EH01        45484331          45483031
change EHC2 to EH02        45484332          45483032
change XHCI to XHC         58484349          5848435f
change XHC1 to XHC         58484331          5848435f

and disable "Inject", "Add ClockID", "FixOwnership"
reboot and my Front/Back USB ports come to life, suddenly.
Will do more tests but for now it seems that DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext is the solution for me.
USB 3.1 is also OK.

I've disable those patches
Code:
Comment:                   Find* [Hex]       Replace* [Hex]
change _OSI to XOSI        5f4f5349          584f5349
change EHC1 to EH01        45484331          45483031
change EHC2 to EH02        45484332          45483032
change XHCI to XHC         58484349          5848435f
change XHC1 to XHC         58484331          5848435f

and disable "Inject", "Add ClockID", "FixOwnership"
reboot and my Front/Back USB ports come to life, suddenly.
Will do more tests but for now it seems that DSM2-ASUS-X99-A-II-USB.kext is the solution for me.
USB 3.1 is also OK.

That's totally fine!!!!

I don't use the DSDT-patches for long!

I also unchecked quite a while ago all USB options under "Devices".

I simply forgot to update the guide in the originating post correspondingly!

Many thanks for your appreciated feedback and comments!

Guide in the originating post now revised and modified!

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
USB Drive Creation Point 5
...download and copy the "config.plist" file and "/kexts/10.12/" directory of ptzulu ...
into the "CLOVER" directory of the EFI partition of your USB ....

...@RehabMan 's IntelmausiEthernet.kext

Stupid Question (Sorry): Should I replace the existing files? Like config.plist and IntelmausiEthernet.kext?

7.) Boot the USB Installation Medium with the following boot options: -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

Is it necessary to type it in again after the first reboot (Installation)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back