Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp

Hello,

I'm hoping to get some guidance as I'm currently stuck at getting my NVMe drive to work. Also, I'm not using a Samsung drive, but an Intel 600p one. I'm on ASUS Deluxe ii with 6800k. Funny thing is that I had this same NVMe drive working no problem while I was on 10.12.3. Now that I've done a clean install of 10.12.6, the steps of getting it to work are different. At least according to your (KGP) guide (Another thing is I've used a different NVMe guide for 10.12.3.). However, this time around I'm trying to follow your guide all the way through if possible.

I think I'm misunderstanding how to properly execute the following steps of your guide:

upload_2017-9-26_10-52-50.png

As far as I could tell step 3 is getting completed correctly, but step 4 isn't.

I'm usually fairly competent when it comes to following instructions, but certainly not in this instance. Any insight, guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

@kgp

Hello,

I'm hoping to get some guidance as I'm currently stuck at getting my NVMe drive to work. Also, I'm not using a Samsung drive, but an Intel 600p one. I'm on ASUS Deluxe ii with 6800k. Funny thing is that I had this same NVMe drive working no problem while I was on 10.12.3. Now that I've done a clean install of 10.12.6, the steps of getting it to work are different. At least according to your (KGP) guide (Another thing is I've used a different NVMe guide for 10.12.3.). However, this time around I'm trying to follow your guide all the way through if possible.

I think I'm misunderstanding how to properly execute the following steps of your guide:

View attachment 280782
As far as I could tell step 3 is getting completed correctly, but step 4 isn't.

I'm usually fairly competent when it comes to following instructions, but certainly not in this instance. Any insight, guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What happens during step 4?

What happens during step 4?

I'm currently at work, so I can't look it up, but it gives some sort of error. If I remember correctly it says: location isn't valid or doesn't exist. I'm not 100% sure. I will try it again and let you know for sure.

Here's what I did. I downloaded Rehabman's patch. I just left it in Downloads as it is. Well, I unzipped it, but didn't do anything beyond that. Then proceeded to execute step 3. Initially it didn't go through as it needed some "dev edition" something-something. It asked to download it, which I did. After it was downloaded I redid step 3 and it completed it successfully. Afterwards, I went for step 4 and that's when I kept getting an error message. Once again, I will confirm exactly what error message it is as soon as I'll get home.

I'm currently at work, so I can't look it up, but it gives some sort of error. If I remember correctly it says: location isn't valid or doesn't exist. I'm not 100% sure. I will try it again and let you know for sure.

Here's what I did. I downloaded Rehabman's patch. I just left it in Downloads as it is. Well, I unzipped it, but didn't do anything beyond that. Then proceeded to execute step 3. Initially it didn't go through as it needed some "dev edition" something-something. It asked to download it, which I did. After it was downloaded I redid step 3 and it completed it successfully. Afterwards, I went for step 4 and that's when I kept getting an error message. Once again, I will confirm exactly what error message it is as soon as I'll get home.

Yup, we need to know the exact error message..

Sounds good. I will get it and report back with it to see if it'll shed some light on where I went wrong. Thanks.

So I tried doing it again. Here is what I got. I didn't have an error like I did last time I tried, but at the same time I have no idea where to find supposedly created patched HackrNVMeFamily-10.12.6.kext. Or am I missing something?

Here is step 3

upload_2017-9-26_20-17-7.png

Here is step 4

upload_2017-9-26_20-18-11.png

So I tried doing it again. Here is what I got. I didn't have an error like I did last time I tried, but at the same time I have no idea where to find supposedly created patched HackrNVMeFamily-10.12.6.kext. Or am I missing something?

Here is step 3

View attachment 280904

Here is step 4

View attachment 280905

Everything looks fine! The HackrNVMeFamily-10.12.6.kext should be in the same directory where you execute patch_nvme.sh!
I suppose in your case that would be the patch-name.git directory.... Take a look with much care!

Everything looks fine! The HackrNVMeFamily-10.12.6.kext should be in the same directory where you execute patch_nvme.sh!
I suppose in your case that would be the patch-name.git directory.... Take a look with much care!

Well, I did take a look numerous times and I don't see anything. 'patch-name.git' directory doesn't even sound like an actual directory. If it is then it most certainly over my head.

Directory where 'patch_nvme.sh' is located was the first place I looked in. That file is in my Downloads folder. As you can see it's not in there:

upload_2017-9-26_21-1-31.png

At this point I'm not sure where else I can look.

I suppose I could try using your HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext. I'm not sure if the fact that you have a different mobo will make it obsolete for my use.

Well, I did take a look numerous times and I don't see anything. 'patch-name.git' directory doesn't even sound like an actual directory. If it is then it most certainly over my head.

Directory where 'patch_nvme.sh' is located was the first place I looked in. That file is in my Downloads folder. As you can see it's not in there:

View attachment 280917

At this point I'm not sure where else I can look.

I suppose I could try using your HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext. I'm not sure if the fact that you have a different mobo will make it obsolete for my use.

Alright! Got it to work. Went back and found the guide I used before and that method still works. At least it did for me. The best part it literally took less than five minutes.

Now if I could only get the ThunderboltEX 3 card to work, I'll be on seventh cloud.

Either way, Thank you for your help @kgp. I really appreciate your time.

Alright! Got it to work. Went back and found the guide I used before and that method still works. At least it did for me. The best part it literally took less than five minutes.

Now if I could only get the ThunderboltEX 3 card to work, I'll be on seventh cloud.

Either way, Thank you for your help @kgp. I really appreciate your time.

Have a look to the ThunderboltEX 3 Instructions E.5) being part of my Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide. All instructions should be also valid for X99 and 10.12.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back