Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing seems to make a difference.
In my bios I don't have Enhanced Intel Speed Step; only Intel Speed Step which I have disabled.

If it matters I did not do the iMessage section of your build

You should disable EIST not Intel Speed Step.

The important BIOS settings are:

• CPU C-State: Enabled
  • Enhanced C1 State: Enabled
  • CPU C3 Report: Enabled
  • CPU C6 Report: Enabled
  • Package C State Limit: C6(non Retention) state

XCPM should be enabled by default after boot. The Intel CPU Power Management will be automatically disabled once XCPM is properly conifgured! There is no Apple Kext to be disabled !

In my bios I don't have Enhanced Intel Speed Step; only Intel Speed Step which I have disabled.

The X99M Asrock maybe doesn't actually have EIST

Anyway this has nothing to do with your xcpm non functionality..

What do you think it is?

No idea.. Likely your BIOS settings... Did you configure the C-State settings in the BIOS? Any other deviations from my BIOS settings suggestions? Something prevents XCPM from load.

"sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" must return "1" to start with the XCPM configuration.

You use the correct CPU Type, FakeCPUID and KernelToPatch entries for your specific CPU, right?

Last edited:
No idea.. Likely your BIOS settings... Did you configure the C-State settings in the BIOS? Any other deviations from my BIOS settings suggestions? Something prevents XCPM from load.

"sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" must return "1" to start with the XCPM configuration.

You use the correct CPU Type, FakeCPUID and KernelToPatch entries for your specific CPU, right?

the fakecpuid settings is the piker alpha one. I used your drill down. E5-2673 V4

cpu type 0x0a02
0x040674 Fake Cupid

Last edited:
DJ,
I was able to accomplish that thanks.
My situation is that I was not able to do the previous steps in the XCPM configuration. Not sure why. KGP did chime in with the steps.
My ASROCK X99M Does not have EIST listed in the BIOS. It does Have Turbo and Turbo Max and the called out 'C' States.
So right now after generating the SSDT, none of the confirming steps return a positive.

Thank-you,

Hey Guys,
Is it possible to control the speed of external FANs connected to the Motherboard via MAC OS?
(for sure with additional Software like MAC FAN)

My Mobo: Asus X99-A II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back