Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! the config.list is work for me ,finally the xcpm work properly!
Thanks very much for your kind help!
but I found a problem,after I logined, the system is unstable. about a few minutes later, the system got freeze,I can't do anything,the keyboard,the mouse all not work.

ps:for the boot flag ncpi=0x3000,maybe I will try change ncpi=0x3000 to ncpi=0x2000! I don't know the different.
the ncpi=0x3000 was added by my first time installed sierria 10.12.5 with a x99 giued tutorial,after that I began to fix my system's other kexts, the os work well, so I didn't change the boot flag ncpi=0x3000 to ncpi=0x2000.
the xcpm is the last step to get my hackintosh work better, until now I found your guide.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well the problem is that you did not follow my guide from scratch, so I also do not know what is the cause for your freezing.

Back up your current EFI-Folder and replace your current Clover-Folder with your modified one attached below. I assume that you have clover 4128 installed!

That's all I can do at the moment. If you cannot get rid of the freezes with this configuration try to start with a new install from scratch exactly following my guide!

Note that I have removed the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. If you boot into a black screen, set the boot flag "nv_disabled=1" (which I alsp removed from your config.plist) and subsequently apply the AGDPfix.app attached below, in addition to a Nvidia 10.12.6 Web Driver Installation!

I further removed USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-x99-injector.kext and replaced them with X99_Injector USB 3.kext.

Furthermore I replaced your FakeSMC.kext.

In the config.plist, I changed from ncpi=0x3000 to ncpi=0x2000!!!!

Good luck!

KGP :thumbup:

Attachments

• AGDPfix.app.zip
    85.2 KB · Views: 59
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 82
Well the problem is that you did not follow my guide from scratch, so I also do not know what is the cause for your freezing.

Back up your current EFI-Folder and replace your current Clover-Folder with your modified one attached below. I assume that you have clover 4128 installed!

That's all I can do at the moment. If you cannot get rid of the freezes with this configuration try to start with a new install from scratch exactly following my guide!

Note that I have removed the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. If you boot into a black screen, set the boot flag "nv_disabled=1" (which I alsp removed from your config.plist) and subsequently apply the AGDPfix.app attached below, in addition to a Nvidia 10.12.6 Web Driver Installation!

I further removed USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-x99-injector.kext and replaced them with X99_Injector USB 3.kext.

Furthermore I replaced your FakeSMC.kext.

In the config.plist, I changed from ncpi=0x3000 to ncpi=0x2000!!!!

Good luck!

KGP :thumbup:

Thank you

I think the problem maybe is the cpu frequency.it happened in my first sierra installion,because I set my bios overblock when I used windows os.I solved it by load bios optimized defaults,cpu frequency all auto set by defaults,it worked well.

this time I get xcpm work,then loaded ssdtGRPen and freqVectorsEdit, I checked the intel power gadget,the fluctuation of cpu frequnecy is too fast,just like my first installion.

I also followed your bios set guide:
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST): Disabled
Turbo mode: Enabled
Enhanced C1 State: Enabled
CPU C3: Enabled
CPU C6/C7: Enabled
the gigabyte x99 bios doesn't have CPU C-State and Package C State Limit

and reboot,I still get freeze,but this time freeze come out after a longer time than the last,maybe 20-30 minutes.

Attachments

• screenshot 2017-08-06 pm8.28.28.png
    screenshot 2017-08-06 pm8.28.28.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 98
Thank you

I think the problem maybe is the cpu frequency.it happened in my first sierra installion,because I set my bios overblock when I used windows os.I solved it by load bios optimized defaults,cpu frequency all auto set by defaults,it worked well.

this time I get xcpm work,then loaded ssdtGRPen and freqVectorsEdit, I checked the intel power gadget,the fluctuation of cpu frequnecy is too fast,just like my first installion.

I also followed your bios set guide:
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST): Disabled
Turbo mode: Enabled
Enhanced C1 State: Enabled
CPU C3: Enabled
CPU C6/C7: Enabled
the gigabyte x99 bios doesn't have CPU C-State and Package C State Limit

and reboot,I still get freeze,but this time freeze come out after a longer time than the last,maybe 20-30 minutes.

Did you try to use the CLOVER folder, I attached above??????

Did you try to use the CLOVER folder, I attached above??????
yeah, I tried, but fail to boot in. I viewed in -v mode, the message looks normal,the IO message show in the last as usual,then the screen turn to black and auto reboot.

yeah, I tried, but fail to boot in. I viewed in -v mode, the message looks normal,the IO message show in the last as usual,then the screen turn to black and auto reboot.

I told you to first boot with the boot flag "nv_disable=1" and then to install the AGDPfix.app I attached!

You have to add the boot flag under "Options" in the "Clover Boot Menu" before booting!

I told you to first boot with the boot flag "nv_disable=1" and then to install the AGDPfix.app I attached!

You have to add the boot flag under "Options" in the "Clover Boot Menu" before booting!

sorry for my mistake, I have added nv_disable=1,but in the clover I selected boot with injected kexts, and auto reboot everytime.
now I can boot into OS with your modified clover after patch AGDPfix.app, I will check the freeze problem fix or not after 20-30 minutes, and feed back.

Thanks for your kind help and reply very very much.

update:just false impression,just work one time,after shutdown and reboot also random freezes.

I finally fix the freeze problem by add "-xcpm" in boot flag,and put PMDrvr.kext into clover,enable EIST in bios, I have no idea about it will work for me,but for temporary it work for me,and no freeze (test more than an hour).

Thanks again

Attachments

• screenshot 2017-08-06 pm 11.16.48.png
    screenshot 2017-08-06 pm 11.16.48.png
    299.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I finally fix the freeze problem by add "-xcpm" in boot flag,and put PMDrvr.kext into clover,enable EIST in bios, I have no idea about it will work for me,but for temporary it work for me,and no freeze (test more than an hour).

Thanks again

The -xcpm bootflag is obsolete with the latest clover distribution! PMDrvr.kext and EIST do not increase system stability! Please do not distribute fake news! ;)

Isn't it that you do not face freeze and reboots anymore after my modifications of your clover directory????! ;)

The -xcpm bootflag is obsolete with the latest clover distribution! PMDrvr.kext and EIST do not increase system stability! Please do not distribute fake news! ;)
Isn't it that you do not face freeze and reboots anymore after my modifications of your clover directory????! ;)

:lol:LoL, I can not explain it, actually I indeed feel a little bit tired with freezs and reboot,so I had decide try one more method and return to my old clover.unfortunately,it work great, and I try geekbench to test.
the score is very impressive, I have no reason to give up your clover with high score, back to my old clover.
for the stability, I will test one more days, and bless me:lol:

Last edited:
:lol:LoL, I can not explain it, actually I indeed feel a little bit tired with freezs and reboot,so I had decide try one more method and return to my old clover.unfortunately,it work great, and I try geekbench to test.
the score is very impressive, I have no reason to give up your clover with high score, back to my old clover.
for the stability, I will test one more days, and bless me:lol:
View attachment 270714

I strongly recommend to use my modified clover folder! Your old folder has errors and is not optimized. If you do not appreciate or apply my help, I see no reason the help you further... in this case not only you yourself but also god may bless you my friend! ;)

Cheers and take care :wave:

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back