Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp
you did super well, very pro and friendly installation

"unfortunately" cannot go to X.13
tried all the programs I have (on my MacBook Pro on X.13),
too many are incompatible
so I stay on your Sierra guide for now until official release and upgrade of the programs I need ;)
(not a problem at all and I am on the subject of the topic)

by the way concerning the dual titan x and my 2696v4 on Sierra:
for info the fakeCPUID is different than the Broadwell-E, for xeon E5-26xx v4: one and unique fakeCPUID: 0x406F1
it is not a desktop processor but interesting if a person follows your guide and wants to put a Xeon ;)
also choosing Mac Pro 5,1 helps to use HT of the xeon (44 threads) and having the Nvidia web drivers fully ok

with your guide on GB 4.1:
4200 / 42 000 points
(graphic tests: cuda, open GL, and metal don't want to launch)
but Luxmark YES perfectly: i have some great records :p

PS: I tried to contact you by PM but cannot :(
as I have a PhD on a different field, just sharing some points of how I use the hackintosh (photogrammetry, VR, MR...)

cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
@kgp
you did super well, very pro and friendly installation

"unfortunately" cannot go to X.13
tried all the programs I have (on my MacBook Pro on X.13),
too many are incompatible
so I stay on your Sierra guide for now until official release and upgrade of the programs I need ;)
(not a problem at all and I am on the subject of the topic)

by the way concerning the dual titan x and my 2696v4 on Sierra:
for info the fakeCPUID is different than the Broadwell-E, for xeon E5-26xx v4: one and unique fakeCPUID: 0x406F1
it is not a desktop processor but interesting if a person follows your guide and wants to put a Xeon ;)
also choosing Mac Pro 5,1 helps to use HT of the xeon (44 threads) and having the Nvidia web drivers fully ok

with your guide on GB 4.1:
4200 / 42 000 points
(graphic tests: cuda, open GL, and metal don't want to launch)
but Luxmark YES perfectly: i have some great records :p

PS: I tried to contact you by PM but cannot :(
as I have a PhD on a different field, just sharing some points of how I use the hackintosh (photogrammetry, VR, MR...)

cheers

Unfortunately, OpenGL and Metal support under 10.13 is also actually exclusively provided to Kepler users.
Pascal and Maxwell users have to live with proper screen resolution and basic video acceleration...

sorry misunderstanding:

in SIERRA, Geekbench 4.1 (non-demo) doesn't let me make graphic test as metal, cuda and open CL
at the test histogram equalization: the test stops

Unfortunately, OpenGL and Metal support under 10.13 is also actually exclusively provided to Kepler users.
Pascal and Maxwell users have to live with proper screen resolution and basic video acceleration...

sorry misunderstanding:

in SIERRA, Geekbench 4.1 (non-demo) doesn't let me make graphic test as metal, cuda and open CL
at the test histogram equalization: the test stops

Because the 10.12.6 workaround does actually not provide OpenGL and Metal support for Maxwell Cards! My mistake! Only Kepler Grapics Cards are supported.
Maxwell and Pascal users have to live with proper resolution and basic video acceleration ... sorry for all the confusion

Lilu and or NvidiaGraphicsFixup cause KP?? I don't think so.... give it a try. Two kexts easily to be removed if necessary!!

And if you don not like the 2 kexts I also provide a config.plist patching as an alternative approach!

Just look to my 10.13 desktop guide instead of fearing, doubting and wasting time with further useless questions.

What has CSM to do with the black screen? o_O

Cheers,

KGP

Disabled CSM in the bios, added the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup in the /efi/clover/kext/10.12 didn't work, black screen again.

Disabled CSM in the bios, added the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup in the /efi/clover/kext/10.12 didn't work, black screen again.

Strange, you use the same board and also a Nvidia 10xx graphics card. I do not understand at all why your system should behave so different!!! Something must be wrong at your side. Which AGDPfix did you apply??? The one addressed in the link or the one attached to my originating post (guide)??? You have to use the one attached to my originating post!

Strange, you use the same board and also a Nvidia 10xx graphics card. I do not understand at all why your system should behave so different!!! Something must be wrong at your side. Which AGDPfix did you apply??? The one addressed in the link or the one attached to my originating post (guide)??? You have to use the one attached to my originating post!

Thats whats been bugging me, the fact we have the same board but a slight diff GPU haha.

AGDPfix was v1.0. I restored the AppleGraphicsControl.kext that was backed up on my desktop, ran the v1.3 and rebooted. It does boot up properly BUT it shows the Graphics as "Nvidia Chip model 8 MB". I then reinstalled the web driver, no change. Then checked my config.plist to make sure Nvidia was not injected (its not). I uploaded my config.plist file if you'd like to take a look.

EDIT: Quick update. I downloaded and checked the AGDPfix that was attached from your post and noticed that even though the version was the same, v1.3, it had diff file size. SO, I deleted the appleGraphicsControl.kext from S/L/E, used kext injector and injected the backup, rebooted, ran AGDPfix that was attached to your post, rebooted, and same thing, Black screen.

EDIT 2: I ended up re-enabling CSM. I can't find anything online that states that enabling it will cause any issues, unless you know some. For now, it will have to do.

The XCPM, I've tried all combination with cpuid_set and bootstrap, disable one or the other, disable both, disable none. `sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode` still shows `0` in all cases.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Thats whats been bugging me, the fact we have the same board but a slight diff GPU haha.

AGDPfix was v1.0. I restored the AppleGraphicsControl.kext that was backed up on my desktop, ran the v1.3 and rebooted. It does boot up properly BUT it shows the Graphics as "Nvidia Chip model 8 MB". I then reinstalled the web driver, no change. Then checked my config.plist to make sure Nvidia was not injected (its not). I uploaded my config.plist file if you'd like to take a look.

EDIT: Quick update. I downloaded and checked the AGDPfix that was attached from your post and noticed that even though the version was the same, v1.3, it had diff file size. SO, I deleted the appleGraphicsControl.kext from S/L/E, used kext injector and injected the backup, rebooted, ran AGDPfix that was attached to your post, rebooted, and same thing, Black screen.

EDIT 2: I ended up re-enabling CSM. I can't find anything online that states that enabling it will cause any issues, unless you know some. For now, it will have to do.

The XCPM, I've tried all combination with cpuid_set and bootstrap, disable one or the other, disable both, disable none. `sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode` still shows `0` in all cases.

If your Graphics Card shows a "Nvidia Chip model 8 MB" means that the Web Driver is not loaded. Apparently now with the attached AGDPfix v1.3 you do not have a black screen but your Web Driver does not load? Can you totally remove the Web Driver and reinstall it? Do you have the WebDriver Icon in the menu bar? Can you change between OSX Default Graphics Driver and NVIDIA Web Driver? In my opinion you apparently messed up the entire graphics part. And what do you mean by "Then checked my config.plist to make sure Nvidia was not injected"? If you use the latest Clover distribution, the boot flag nvda_drv=1 is obsolete. The same states by the way for the boot flag -xcpm! I cannot see from my config.plist if Nvidia WebDriver has been injected during boot, sorry. I still do not understand what CSM should have to do with the NVIDIA Web Driver injection and the appleGraphicsControl.kext. But if you think this is your solution, please live with it!

You can try XCPM without FakeCPUID, I do not know if your system is able to boot in this case. If then and with any combination of cpuid_set and bootstrap enabled/ disabled XCPM does not work, I cannot help you sorry...

By the way, I revised and modified your config.plist. A part from minor differences, you used a KernelToPatch entry of unknown origin that I removed. Try to use the modified config.plist attached below. If you want you can then upload the entire modified EFI-directory. By this, I also would be able to check your amls, kexts and efi files.

I any case I do not understand at all how somebody with such a similar system configuration can run into that many problems! Our systems mainly defer by the Hasell-E CPU.. Or are there any other major differences? Can you once more summarize your entire configuration?

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• AGDPfix.app.zip
    85.2 KB · Views: 72
  • config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 224
If your Graphics Card shows a "Nvidia Chip model 8 MB" means that the Web Driver is not loaded. Apparently now with the attached AGDPfix v1.3 you do not have a black screen but your Web Driver does not load? Can you totally remove the Web Driver and reinstall it? Do you have the WebDriver Icon in the menu bar? Can you change between OSX Default Graphics Driver and NVIDIA Web Driver? In my opinion you apparently messed up the entire graphics part. And what do you mean by "Then checked my config.plist to make sure Nvidia was not injected"? If you use the latest Clover distribution, the boot flag nvda_drv=1 is obsolete. The same states by the way for the boot flag -xcpm! I cannot see from my config.plist if Nvidia WebDriver has been injected during boot, sorry. I still do not understand what CSM should have to do with the NVIDIA Web Driver injection and the appleGraphicsControl.kext. But if you think this is your solution, please live with it!

You can try XCPM without FakeCPUID, I do not know if your system is able to boot in this case. If then and with any combination of cpuid_set and bootstrap enabled/ disabled XCPM does not work, I cannot help you sorry...

By the way, I revised and modified your config.plist. A part from minor differences, you used a KernelToPatch entry of unknown origin that I removed. Try to use the modified config.plist attached below. If you want you can then upload the entire modified EFI-directory. By this, I also would be able to check your amls, kexts and efi files.

I any case I do not understand at all how somebody with such a similar system configuration can run into that many problems! Our systems mainly defer by the Hasell-E CPU.. Or are there any other major differences? Can you once more summarize your entire configuration?

Cheers,

KGP
KGP,
Take a look at this in regards to CSM.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/disabling-csm-in-bios-causes-black-screen-on-login.203826/

I'll try the fakecpuid and get back to you.

I really appreciate your quick response and help, sir!

KGP,
Take a look at this in regards to CSM.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/disabling-csm-in-bios-causes-black-screen-on-login.203826/

I'll try the fakecpuid and get back to you.

I really appreciate your quick response and help, sir!

How many Displays do you have connected?? Can you please summarize your system configuration?! What happens if you just connect one screen??? Always start with the minimum system configuration. If such your system works you can expand your configuration! There is the siloh workaround do properly configure all HMI and Display boards... I clearly point to this approach in my guide! This is certainly the better approach than enabeling CSM. Still i do not see where shall be the relation between the black screen and CSM... by the way, I do not believe the post you mention above..

The knowledge of your exact system configuration is fundamental! Nobody can help you if he/she does not know what he/she is dealing with!

It is e.g. purely waste of my time to discuss a black screen problem if in the end it turns out that the black screen is related to a multi-monitor configuration!

If you ask for support and help please be precise! Describe the entire situation, configuration and respective problem and then ask for a solution!

Each time just adress one problem and not the bunch of problems you might face. Things need to be done carefully and stepwise...

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back