Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
You copied the kext files of ptzulu to /EFI/CLOVER/10.12/ instead of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/ ! This cannot work!
Try to use the EFI-folder attached. I also revised your config.plist.

Cheers

KGP

Doh! Sorry about that; I just replaced the entire EFI folder on the install USB with yours and it's currently sitting on this screen

Attachments

• IMG_3577.JPG
    IMG_3577.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 109
@sammybee, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

no
I mean version 13.0.45
DL few hours ago ;)
i installed it on my MacBook Pro (as second partition) to see what is described on "about this Mac"
thx again

i will try other boot config and see If I can having something interesting ;)

in any case I flip on the other thread to not snap this one
sorry

will a problem:
i am downloading the one named 13.0.45
don't see anywhere which version is it PB xx

i will try thank you

version 13.0.40 (1340)? I guess that's already PB3. That one might not work yet with the current clover distribution and the X99 Deluxe II. You can try, if it does not work out better wait. I am on it at present.

Cheers,

KGP[/QUOTE]

Disregard

Last edited:
no
I mean version 13.0.45
DL few hours ago ;)
i installed it on my MacBook Pro (as second partition) to see what is described on "about this Mac"
thx again

i will try other boot config and see If I can having something interesting ;)

in any case I flip on the other thread to not snap this one
sorry

version 13.0.40 (1340)? I guess that's already PB3. That one might not work yet with the current clover distribution and the X99 Deluxe II. You can try, if it does not work out better wait. I am on it at present.

Cheers,

KGP
[/QUOTE]

• 10.13 High Sierra PB3 (DP4) upgrade successfully completed :thumbup:
  • 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide accordingly revised and upgraded :thumbup:
  • Revised and updated file attachments :thumbup:

You now can start with your work! Good luck and enjoy the guide!

Cheers,

KGP

KGP, thanks for the awesome write up!! I got my 10.12.6 up and running, one of the bumps I hit was when I installed nvidia driver and rebooted, I got the dreaded black screen. The fix was re-enabling CSM. Not sure what the affects are for re-enabling CSM does to MacOS.

I'm at the XCPM set, followed the instructions by adding my CPU-architecture specific (Haswell-e) but when I run the "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode", I get a return of 0. I can upload my config.plist later today but is there something I could be missing?

Thanks!

KGP, thanks for the awesome write up!! I got my 10.12.6 up and running, one of the bumps I hit was when I installed nvidia driver and rebooted, I got the dreaded black screen. The fix was re-enabling CSM. Not sure what the affects are for re-enabling CSM does to MacOS.

I'm at the XCPM set, followed the instructions by adding my CPU-architecture specific (Haswell-e) but when I run the "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode", I get a return of 0. I can upload my config.plist later today but is there something I could be missing?

Thanks!

The Blackscreen has to be fixed with AGDPfix and not with CSM! You can also try to use Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext attached to my X99 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide.

Concerning XCPM, try to play with enable and disable of appropriate "cpuid_set_info" and "bootstrap" KernelToPatch entries...

Cheers,

KGP

The Blackscreen has to be fixed with AGDPfix and not with CSM! You can also try to use Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext attached to my X99 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide.

Concerning XCPM, try to play with enable and disable of appropriate "cpuid_set_info" and "bootstrap" KernelToPatch entries...

Cheers,

KGP
I did use the AGDPfix and then installed the web driver but that didn't seem to work. This Sierra was my 2nd install in two day and I thought Lilu and or NvidiaGraphicsFixup caused KP (not 100% sure), so I'm a little iffy on installing that kext again.

I read somewhere the enabling or disabling CSM doesn't matter (maybe it doesn't matter after installation?). What could go wrong with enabling CSM?

I'll give your XCPM suggestion a try when I get home.

Thanks for the quick response!!

I did use the AGDPfix and then installed the web driver but that didn't seem to work. This Sierra was my 2nd install in two day and I thought Lilu and or NvidiaGraphicsFixup caused KP (not 100% sure), so I'm a little iffy on installing that kext again.

I read somewhere the enabling or disabling CSM doesn't matter (maybe it doesn't matter after installation?). What could go wrong with enabling CSM?

I'll give your XCPM suggestion a try when I get home.

Thanks for the quick response!!

Lilu and or NvidiaGraphicsFixup cause KP?? I don't think so.... give it a try. Two kexts easily to be removed if necessary!!

And if you don not like the 2 kexts I also provide a config.plist patching as an alternative approach!

Just look to my 10.13 desktop guide instead of fearing, doubting and wasting time with further useless questions.

What has CSM to do with the black screen? o_O

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back