Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be a pain, still having issues getting everything to work :/

I actually managed to get it installed in the end using the plist from this guide but of course managed to screw up that boot and have had to reinstall again but haven't had any luck (I don't remember what exactly I changed to get it to boot).

I've started fresh with every step detailed in the guide but the furthest I've gotten so far is on this screen (EFI also attached).

EDIT: Changed usb over to a USB 3 port and got this error instead

Attachments

• IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 77
  • 2nd-error.JPG
    2nd-error.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Sorry to be a pain, still having issues getting everything to work :/

I actually managed to get it installed in the end using the plist from this guide but of course managed to screw up that boot and have had to reinstall again but haven't had any luck (I don't remember what exactly I changed to get it to boot).

I've started fresh with every step detailed in the guide but the furthest I've gotten so far is on this screen (EFI also attached).

EDIT: Changed usb over to a USB 3 port and got this error instead

1.) Please describe your build properly and in detail
2.) If you created the USB installation medium with my guide, please upload your EFI folder
3.) If your created the USB installation medium with another guide, I cannot help you

Cheers,

KGP

1.) Please describe your build properly and in detail
2.) If you created the USB installation medium with my guide, please upload your EFI folder
3.) If your created the USB installation medium with another guide, I cannot help you

Cheers,

KGP

1.) My setup as is currently

CPU: Intel - Core i7-6850K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus - X99-DELUXE II ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-4266 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass (Gray) ATX Full Tower Case
Monitor: LG - 34UC98 34.0" 3440x1440 60Hz Monitor

Sorry about that I've uploaded it below, this usb install is completely setup as per your guide.

Thanks again for taking a look!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 93
1.) My setup as is currently

CPU: Intel - Core i7-6850K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus - X99-DELUXE II ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-4266 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass (Gray) ATX Full Tower Case
Monitor: LG - 34UC98 34.0" 3440x1440 60Hz Monitor

Sorry about that I've uploaded it below, this usb instal is completely setup as per your guide.

Thanks again for taking a look!

Do you have the PCIe TB-card installed, which comes with the mobo?

Not currently; I removed it after the first couple of failed installs

o.k., because Sierra will never install with the TB-card inserted. You need the subsequent workaround described in one of the post along this thread.

o.k., because Sierra will never install with the TB-card inserted. You need the subsequent workaround described in one of the post along this thread.

It's not currently installed, I'm assuming I won't need to use that workaround until I actually want to instal it?

Here's what I'm currently getting from clover

Attachments

• IMG_3298.JPG
    IMG_3298.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
It's not currently installed, I'm assuming I won't need to use that workaround until I actually want to instal it?

Here's what I'm currently getting from clover

Did you try to install with xHCI mode "Enabled" or "Smart Auto"? Did you use a USB2.0 or USB3.0 medium? How many disks have you running in your rig? Did you try to remove all disks except the system disk for the installation?

Did you try to install with xHCI mode "Enabled" or "Smart Auto"? Did you use a USB2.0 or USB3.0 medium? How many disks have you running in your rig? Did you try to remove all disks except the system disk?

I've tried switching between both xHCI modes and I've been using a sandisk 16gb USB 3.0 stick (I was able to get a successful install with this stick before I wrecked the boot). I have 4 drives but for every install I've only had my boot disk connected to the board

I've tried switching between both xHCI modes and I've been using a sandisk 16gb USB 3.0 stick (I was able to get a successful install with this stick before I wrecked the boot). I have 4 drives but for every install I've only had my boot disk connected to the board

How did you wreck the boot? Which xHCI setting was the successful one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back