Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand what I do wrong, my 10.12.5 system can boot into system with 20% chance only, and I can only boot into system with Nvidia driver support less than 10 times (all are random, has no rules) with exactly same config.plist!

So I did a experiment to install 10.13 Beta 2, wow, I can't believe, with exactly same config.plist (okay, enable or disable Nvidia we can say same), I boot into 10.13 without any fail, not even once, the only problem right now is Nvidia support, I will try some other way to install video driver to see if the video driver cause the unstable or not. Okay, I should be honest, during installation, I saw twice reboot which seems unnormal, but after that twice, all goes well.

The lastest clover supports AFS greatly! I install 10.13 with AFS format without any problem.

but you will have many things not working yet under 10.3

but you will have many things not working yet under 10.3

The most important thing I need is video support, I have two 27" 4K screens, if Video support works, then I can work on it.
Still trying. If I still can't fix Nvidia video driver issue, maybe buy a new ATI video card first.

Last edited:
Guys,

I am stuck at step 9 a) of XCPM, the C00@0 . I don't see the property "plugin-type"
and nothing shows up for step b) and c) in the terminal

This works though: sysctlmachdep.xcpm.mode" should return "1". I get "1".
Copy-Pasted SDST.aml into the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and reboot done.

where have I gone wrong ?

One more thing.
My mouse pointer (Logitech Anywhere 2) is jerky at times. I am using it with the transceiver that came with it and not connected via bluetooth. Any tips on how to fix the jerky movement ?

Last edited:
Guys,

I am stuck at step 9 a) of XCPM, the C00@0 . I don't see the property "plugin-type"
and nothing shows up for step b) and c) in the terminal

This works though: sysctlmachdep.xcpm.mode" should return "1". I get "1".
Copy-Pasted SDST.aml into the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and reboot done.

where have I gone wrong ?

One more thing.
My mouse pointer (Logitech Anywhere 2) is jerky at times. I am using it with the transceiver that came with it and not connected via bluetooth. Any tips on how to fix the jerky movement ?

1.) It seems that your xcpm_cpuid_set_info KernelToPatch entry is wrong or not working. That's why you do not see the property "plugin-type". In consequence also the "X86Platform" is not loaded which means that your XCPM is still not functional. Do you use the correct FakeCPUID in addition?

2.) Try to adjust the mouse settings in the system preferences

Cheers,

KGP

Hi
I am running Sierra on the attached configuration with nearly everything working fine including all usb ports, HDMI audio. For a reason I cannot understand I am getting choppy audio on all the other audio ports back and front. Even usb audio is choppy (USB headset, usb audio device). I installed audio with Voodoo HDA 2.9.0 Just to make sure that the issue is not hardware related, I ran tests with Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode on a different SSD and everything Is ok on that drive.
I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

ProductName : Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.12.5 BuildVersion: 16F73
Bootargs : dart=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1
Model ID : iMac14,2 KernelMode: x86_64
CPU TYPE : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 v4 @ 1.70GHz
CPU ID : Ox406F1 (263921)
Cores : 8 Cores, 8 Threads @ 1700MHz Bus: 24MHz FSB: 96MHz
Mobo: Gigabyte X99-SLI

Last edited:
I can't even get to the 10.12.5 Sierra installer --- keep getting the:
"Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" error. Using an ASUS X99 Deluxe II motherboard. Tried many "solutions" from Google, but nothing works so far.

Maybe some of you guys can share if you've got past this error?

Thanks in advance.

I can't even get to the 10.12.5 Sierra installer --- keep getting the:
"Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" error. Using an ASUS X99 Deluxe II motherboard. Tried many "solutions" from Google, but nothing works so far.

Maybe some of you guys can share if you've got past this error?

Thanks in advance.

You should exclusively follow my guide instead of trying different "solutions" on Google and then ask for help!

Cheers

KGP

Last edited:
Hi
I am running Sierra on the attached configuration with nearly everything working fine including all usb ports, HDMI audio. For a reason I cannot understand I am getting choppy audio on all the other audio ports back and front. Even usb audio is choppy (USB headset, usb audio device). I installed audio with Voodoo HDA 2.9.0 Just to make sure that the issue is not hardware related, I ran tests with Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode on a different SSD and everything Is ok on that drive.
I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

ProductName : Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.12.5 BuildVersion: 16F73
Bootargs : dart=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1
Model ID : iMac14,2 KernelMode: x86_64
CPU TYPE : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 v4 @ 1.70GHz
CPU ID : Ox406F1 (263921)
Cores : 8 Cores, 8 Threads @ 1700MHz Bus: 24MHz FSB: 96MHz
Mobo: Gigabyte X99-SLI

I was running VoodooHDA.kext-289 without any issues... However, "AppleALC - Optional Audio Configuration I" described in my guide is certainly the better option.

Choppy USB audio however might be related to the USB configuration or might depend on your USB audio device. I cannot help you in this matter...

Cheers,

KGP

HI KGP

Thanks for your reply. I would like to point out that it is not only usb audio that is not working but also the motherboard audio ports on the rear of the computer and the headphone ports at the front. All those ports have choppy audio. Of course, I made sure that the audio devices I am using are working fine by testing them on another computer,

Thanks

HI KGP

Thanks for your reply. I would like to point out that it is not only usb audio that is not working but also the motherboard audio ports on the rear of the computer and the headphone ports at the front. All those ports have choppy audio. Of course, I made sure that the audio devices I am using are working fine by testing them on another computer,

Thanks

I fully understood that also your motherboard audio ports on the rear of the computer and the headphone ports at the front give choppy results. However, let me emphasize once more that I cannot confirm such results! I was successfully running VoodooHDA.kext-289 without any issues... However, "AppleALC - Optional Audio Configuration I" described in my guide is certainly the better option. You should give it a try!

Cheers

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back