Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS X99 Deluxe II. Running latest BIOS. Devices: ASUS Thunderbolt EX II Dual, video card, and Samsung M.2 drive.

ASUS X99 Deluxe II. Running latest BIOS. Devices: ASUS Thunderbolt EX II Dual, video card, and Samsung M.2 drive.

The Deluxe II is identical with the X99-A II! Don't claim The board if you are not able to properly perform the setup and do what I propose! You also mixed up my information with others! No surprise that it does not work. I suggest to start from the beginning! Also remove the thunderbolt card for installation !!!

Cheers,

KGP

If the Clover bootloader does not work with an installed TB card now, will it work when I reinsert it post-installation?

If the Clover bootloader does not work with an installed TB card now, will it work when I reinsert it post-installation?

Yes it will work later on. You have to perform the Sierra Installation without the card!

Let me cite my guide:

"While the built-in 802.11ac-WLAN/Bluetooth of the Asus X99 Deluxe II runs native OoB, one finds an extended discussion along my thread how to successfully run the Thunderbolt EX 3 extension card (see the individual posts starting at page 36 of this thread; special thanks to @BoomR for his valuable input). Further important information concerning Thunderbolt 3 compatibility has been provided by @Raddles and can be accessed on page 132, post 1318 of this thread."

Alright?

Good Day,
Thanks for your guide. I have just built a 8 core 6900k on a GA-x99p-SLI as I wanted the thunderbolt working for my recording studio. So far I have installed Win 10 and run the thunderbolt config tool and just about to start on the MacOS installation and have built my USB key and I will set-too on the installation tomorrow.
I was reading your guide and have a general question. When I built my last machine around a ga-z170h-wifi all the kexts were installed with kextbeast. In your guide it says put them into kexts/10.12 and reboot? Is there a reason for not using kext beast and doing it this way. Just interested :)

Regards

Bob

As I added above, a hardware error is very unlikely as everything seems to work fine under windows. I don't know about your audio bios options... Anyway, I have a different board (ASUS X99-A II). So you better ask somebody with the same board configuration. Maybe he faces similar problems under macOS Sierra..

Cheers,

KGP

KGB

You were right. It was a matter of Bios setup. Changing "xHCI " from "Enabled" to "Auto" cured the audio problem. I feel so stupid I did not think about it sooner. You hinted me towards the simple solution.

Thanks so much

Reactions: kgp
Good Day,
Thanks for your guide. I have just built a 8 core 6900k on a GA-x99p-SLI as I wanted the thunderbolt working for my recording studio. So far I have installed Win 10 and run the thunderbolt config tool and just about to start on the MacOS installation and have built my USB key and I will set-too on the installation tomorrow.
I was reading your guide and have a general question. When I built my last machine around a ga-z170h-wifi all the kexts were installed with kextbeast. In your guide it says put them into kexts/10.12 and reboot? Is there a reason for not using kext beast and doing it this way. Just interested :)

Regards

Bob

kext beast installs all kexts in S/L/E while I keep all additional kexts in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 directory. It is a matter of taste and it facilitates the control of my system. That's all.

kext beast installs all kexts in S/L/E while I keep all additional kexts in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 directory. It is a matter of taste and it facilitates the control of my system. That's all.

Thanks for that. Just wanted to know.

So as an update,
Yesterday I loaded win 10 and ran the GA thunderbolt update tool and remade the USB boat loader

Today I managed to get the whole system working although it was a bit of a fight.

Every time the OS finished loading (6 minutes remaining .... Hahahahah more like 50..) the system would crash when it restarted. Each time it was different errors. However, after pulling the power for 5 mins the system booted and installed with our further errors.

Nvidia 1080 web drivers and cuda graphics installed

Thunderbolt shows up in the system report but i need an adapter to see if it works. I will try AVB over ethernet to see of that works then I wont need a thunderbolt adapter.

Thanks again for a great guide.

Bob

I can't understand what I do wrong, my 10.12.5 system can boot into system with 20% chance only, and I can only boot into system with Nvidia driver support less than 10 times (all are random, has no rules) with exactly same config.plist!

So I did a experiment to install 10.13 Beta 2, wow, I can't believe, with exactly same config.plist (okay, enable or disable Nvidia we can say same), I boot into 10.13 without any fail, not even once, the only problem right now is Nvidia support, I will try some other way to install video driver to see if the video driver cause the unstable or not. Okay, I should be honest, during installation, I saw twice reboot which seems unnormal, but after that twice, all goes well.

The lastest clover supports AFS greatly! I install 10.13 with AFS format without any problem.

How did you manage to install 10.13 on your systems? Can you provide details? All attempts to install 10.13 on my system failed so far.

How did you manage to install 10.13 on your systems? Can you provide details? All attempts to install 10.13 on my system failed so far.

You help me so much, at the first second, I try to copy the EFI partition, but I can't ...
My new machine right now is not bootable, since the video card is changed to old ATI 7770, the GTX960 right now is inside old hackintosh, then I unplug the new machine's 540s ssd to old hackintosh, but ... the 540s is AFS ... 10.12 can't recognise it.

The new machine right now I just ignore it until I get a new RX460 this weekend, if you still cant install your 10.13 Beta, I will boot (hopefully) into my new hackintosh and tell you all my configuration next week.

The only difference I know clearly is fakecpuid and some kernel patch like, nothing else as I remember.

Okay, I found a copy of my installation usbstick! I can't make sure it's the lastest verion, but It can boot into 10.13 before I switch the video card, I am sure about that! You may try to see the result on your machine.

The serial number of this config.plist is used by one real MacPro6,1 (I don't know who's), on my new hackintosh it's another serial already, please remember change to a new one, in case some problem happens.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back