Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I have the GC-AR v2 card.
--NVM20-V1
--TB bus appears
--my only TB device, a TB1 hard disk dock, appears and a docked HD is visible and accessible, as well as hot-pluggable
--GA Z390 Aorus Pro
--THB_C header cable connected to the AR card

@Mace--while I can't read Chinese, it appears from your screen shot that Thunderbolt Bus is appearing properly in system information--Thunderbolt. have you performed the DROM customization and loaded that SSDT and SSDT-DTGP.aml?
Yes, I used SSDT with DROM. However, I could not use either nvm20-v1 or nvm20-v2. I tried to use nuc8i7hnkfou.bin and TB BUS appeared, but the LG monitor could not be used.

yes it's what i did but my problem is when after installed new clover some files in drivers64 are erased.

-AudioDxe-64.efi
-DataHubDxe-64.efi
-EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
-FSInject-64.efi
-SMCHelper-64.efi

before install clover:
View attachment 459074
after install clover:
View attachment 459075
The screenshot in your original post is correct. The drivers/UEFI folder should contain a minimum of these files for Mojave:
  • FwRuntimeServices.efi
  • OcQuirks.efi
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi
  • EmuVariableUEFI.efi
Some file names might end in "XXXXX-64.efi" -- don't worry, they are the same as above list.

The drivers64UEFI folder can be deleted.

Are you using a WiFi/Bluetooth PCI-e card, or are you using a Bluetooth USB dongle?

faithie999

I am using a dongle. I may just need to get a new one --this one I have is pretty old. I was looking at getting something new. Would you suggest a new dongle type or card ? I know this seems minor for some but I do a lot of editing and the Magic Mouse makes things so much easier than a regular mouse

thanks all

Hi,@CaseySJ,Thank you for your reply
--My GC-Alpine Ridge V2 Card can not be used whether it is nvm20-v1 or nvm20-v2, which shows that there is no equipment under ioreg, and I used the firmware NUC8i7HNKpatched.bin
--TB BUS can appear with this firmware NUC
--I have two Thunderbolt devices, one is LG display and the other is HP Dock. The HP Dock can be normally used and hot-plugged, while the LG display has no black signal screen
--My motherboard is Gigabyte X99 Designare-EX
--THB_C header cable connected to the AR card

I found that all the motherboards that could be used were Z170,Z390, but nvm20-1 and nvm20-2, which could not be used on my motherboard

There is a built-in TB on my motherboard, the model is DSL6540 Alpine Ridge, this is the firmware of this TB, I wonder if I can brush the firmware of this built-in TB to get TB BUS.
Attached are two versions of modified Gigabyte X99 Designare firmware. Please understand the risk and responsibility if you flash this to your motherboard. You may try Mod-1 and Mod-2. If neither one works, just flash the original firmware back.

It would be best to remove the GC-Alpine Ridge when testing this new firmware on the motherboard.

Attachments

• Gigabyte X99 Designare TB3 Firmware.zip
    282.6 KB · Views: 74
faithie999

I am using a dongle. I may just need to get a new one --this one I have is pretty old. I was looking at getting something new. Would you suggest a new dongle type or card ? I know this seems minor for some but I do a lot of editing and the Magic Mouse makes things so much easier than a regular mouse

thanks all
Why not use Fenvi FV-T919?

@dgsga--I used your previous version of NUC8 Thunderbolt firmware to flash my NUC. The only TB device I have, an old Seagate TB1 hard disk dock, is working fine. I assume there's no reason to flash your new version.
Thanks!
Did the Seagate TB1 hard drive work previously (before Thunderbolt Bus)?

... I have a LaCie 2big Dock (Thunderbolt 3 RAID box) which works fine apart from not powering off completely when I shut the NUC down. ...
Did the LaCie 2Big RAID box work previously (before Thunderbolt Bus)?

- Working as expected with Lacie Rugged Thunderbolt USB3 external HD. (Cold Boot / Hot Plug -i don't configure sleep here-)
Did the LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C device work previously (before Thunderbolt Bus)?

Back