Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

It did indeed. I took on board what you said about the TI firmware and reverted back to the original patched firmware that's in the repo.
Just to confirm: The LaCie 2Big RAID box worked both before and after the flashed firmware?
On an additional note I then looked more closely at Osy86's firmware patcher for the hades canyon and removed each byte change in turn to see what effect it had. I found that only three byte changes in the active partition are required to produce a full and functional thunderbolt tree for the built-in Alpine Ridge:
2727->3737 at offset 0x35 (decimal 53)
A0 -> 20 at offset 0x81 (decimal 129)
FFFFFFFF -> 8680D315 at offset 0xBA0 (decimal 2976)

Maybe this will help with other Alpine Ridge patches??
This is fantastic! Will try this on my Asus ThunderboltEX 3.

@CaseySJ JAh, okay thanks.. yeah I built this 'V.2 hack' last year but with fresh install of Clover.. however when I came round to getting native NVRAM working a few weeks ago it buggered something up - so I decided to fresh OC and start again.. I thought a few of these Sleep/Wake niggles may have gone with fresh OC install as I did have them previously on Clover and the only way of getting rid was reducing to 2666..

As for TB3 flashing the Gigabyte Z390 MOB - Although I have working TB3/Hotplugged/Apollo etc. I have 'No Drivers Loaded' in system info. Will flashing with Raspberry Pi give me those 'Drivers' in system info and other Mac goodies like Target Drive etc?

I'll read into it all now but the above two questions are my main starting point if I choose to flash.

Once again, your responses are greatly appreciated. :angel:

* Vinyl, yes.. naturally it always sounds better but I just collect a few pieces (fave albums, re-released box sets etc.) but too much is just taking space/room IMO - You see the photos of wall to wall etc. I have a friend who's a well-known DJ 40,000 records in his house, one room is full and the cellar is full too, does he play any of them anymore? Nope, he now get's rid for a good price on Discogs. I'm going down the road of 24bit AIFF and have been for the last few years.

Last edited:
It did indeed. I took on board what you said about the TI firmware and reverted back to the original patched firmware that's in the repo.

On an additional note I then looked more closely at Osy86's firmware patcher for the hades canyon and removed each byte change in turn to see what effect it had. I found that only three byte changes in the active partition are required to produce a full and functional thunderbolt tree for the built-in Alpine Ridge:

Same with the EX3. One whole byte.

Just to confirm: The LaCie 2Big RAID box worked both before and after the flashed firmware?

This is fantastic! Will try this on my Asus ThunderboltEX 3.
The LaCie 2big box works before and after host firmware patching (note I have not altered the LaCie TB firmware in any way). The only downside is the power off issue on shutdown. I’ll see if I can fix this via ACPI and will report back. I have been using Osy’s gui firmware patcher to patch the native hades canyon firmware as I can revert changes easily without using the ch341a programmer.

However, the table clearly shows system confusion when both on-board and add-in-card controllers are active. Time to upgrade to a new system? :)

You, sir, are correct. :lol: This is currently on plan, I have just been eagerly waiting for results from users here with Antelope and the Z390 board...before I pull the trigger on yet another system.

Waiting for the next round of Titan Ridge updated firmware to test out. :headbang:

Also a suggestion for the list of now working devices, subcategories like Monitors/Audio Interfaces/Drives/Chassis/Docks. Possibly a list of "known devices that need to be tested" (Antelope/Slate/Presonus/Xcellon/Highpoint/Avid/etc.)?

Hi guys!

I am back with an update regarding my inconsistent SSD Write speed problem. So I managed to fix the problem somehow. I updated Clover from r5104 to r5107 and moved the NVMe SSD from M2P slot to M2M slot. One of these two fixed the issue.

So if there is someone with the same issues I advise him to do the same and see if the problem persists.

I found that only three byte changes in the active partition are required to produce a full and functional thunderbolt tree for the built-in Alpine Ridge:

'2727' at offset 0x35 and 'A0' at offset 0x81 - I have the same values. But at offset 0xBA0 I have '08000000' (orig. dump).

Hello dear

My EFI not work Thunderbolt 3 for UAD Apollo X4.

Please help me for full EFI for my PC Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro WiFi (F12c) | CPU: i9-9900K (@3.60 GHz) | GPU: Sapphire RX 580 8GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX RGB (64 GB) | SSD: Samsung SSD 970 Pro (1TB), OS: OSX 10.15.4, Win10 (1909)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 3.54.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 3.54.50 AM.png
    289.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Type C.jpg
    Type C.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
'2727' at offset 0x35 and 'A0' at offset 0x81 - I have the same values. But at offset 0xBA0 I have '08000000' (orig. dump).
Try changing 08000000 to 86807815. Don't forget to BACKUP your firmware first!!!

Try changing 08000000 to 86807815. Don't forget to BACKUP your firmware first!!!
W/o ssdt and w/o connected devices I can see the controller in the RP05 (with orig firmware I don't see this). W/ ssdt (repo from here) I don't see the eGPU... but thunderbolt bus is not active :-/
RP05_w:_ssdt_w:_connected_devices.pngRP05_w:o_ssdt_w:_connected_devices.pngRP05_w:o_ssdt_w:o_devices.png

Back