Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Oh :( do u have some idea of what can be? It work on windows.. i use a displayport to hdmi connector that worked on mojave ... when i will finish the migrationiwill try to remove Agdpmod=pikera ... maybe it is the problem
Because you have an RX 580, “agdpmod=pikera” can safely be removed.

Congrats! Is there a chance that I could get a copy of your IOReg?

Did you use NVM18 or NVM26?

NVM18 , By the way: ASUS IC needs to be disassembled and flash。

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2020-04-02 上午11.05.40.png
    屏幕快照 2020-04-02 上午11.05.40.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 123
NVM18 , By the way: ASUS IC needs to be disassembled and flash。
Thanks, could you use file save as? I’m trying to compare results.

I’m very excited to see NVM18 working as I couldn’t test it myself!

Thanks! You should do this:

Open Hackintool and go the Logs tab. Select system the hit the refresh button at the bottom.

Using Command+F, search for DROM. If it finds anything then it will tell you what needs to be changed in the ThunderboltROM section of the SSDT.

Read these two links carefully. Take your time! Good hunting.

Open Hackintool and go the Logs tab. Select system the hit the refresh button at the bottom.

Using Command+F, search for DROM. If it finds anything then it will tell you what needs to be changed in the ThunderboltROM section of the SSDT.

I have modified my DROM. Thunderbolt OK. Hotplug OK. USB3.1 OK. Hotplug OK.
Perfect. Thank you very much.

Hello @CaseySJ I reinstalled the system..now I'm in Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103),he replaced OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices but when I update Clover to 5108, I've seen in the driver64UEFI folder. They have disappeared a few files. The other files I have copied to new driver folder (drivers/UEFI), and I have this..its correct? Thanks¡¡
Captura de pantalla 2020-04-02 a las 6.26.44.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@CaseySJ @Elias64Fr @scottkendall @NorthAmTransAm
Here are my results with the flashed GC-AlpineRidge card.

I think the BIOS on my board doesn't like when 2 TB3 controllers appear, since the card seems to not want to function like the Titan Ridge does. Also similarly, the stock firmware checksums don't match before and after updating the card with Gigabyte TBTFlash utility.

not sure my system digs the alpine ridge AIC and Titian ridge AIC in the system together either if that makes you feel better.

Whoa,
what plist file is that??

g\

The firmware contains an additional plist file where you can see those entries which describes the related parts.

So in the end all of the other besides from top and back are "thunderbolt ports" related to the MPX modules. Nothing more, nothing less.

Did you extract the firmware via Linux? Any news for us?

Hi,CaseySJ. My gigabyte alpine v2 card cannot be used after brushing the firmware (v1 and v2) provided by you. I don't see anything under the IOReg. After brushing the NUC firmware came the Thunderbolt device tree. But the LG monitor can not use, can recognize.

Attachments

• QQ20200402-0.png
    QQ20200402-0.png
    426.6 KB · Views: 97
Back