Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks! Hackindrom is suggesting update to 0.8.3, shall I do this first before the software update or after?
Yes, please copy your existing EFI folder to EFI partition of a USB flash drive (emergency boot disk) before upgrading to 0.8.3.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sadly, I'm still having freezes, though not as bad as before replacing the bad ram. I can usually force quit everything and restart. Ran Memtest86 again, got a clean bill of health. Also ran Unigine Heaven to see if I could replicate the freeze with GPU stressing, but no. How should I trouble shoot this?

Unigine Heaven Benchmark:
Quality ULTRA. FPS 64.4 / Score 1621
Quality High FPS 81.0 / Score 2041
Are the first two screenshots showing graphics glitches?
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
  • If you have Windows or Linux on this system, do graphics glitches and freezes occur there as well?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Quick couple questions:
• What are people using to monitor system sensors these day? i.e., temp, SMART, RPM, etc.
• After clearing my Clover NVRAM the display won't turn off per Energy Saver prefs. Is this a familiar problem?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Are the first two screenshots showing graphics glitches?
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
  • If you have Windows or Linux on this system, do graphics glitches and freezes occur there as well?
Yes
BIOS: F9g
I only have MacOs 12.6

It's possible that it's an application specific problem, but I've had crashes with both Hearthstone and Adobe Photoshop.

UPDATE: The crash problems have gone away as mysteriously as they appeared. Best guess is that Adobe Creative Cloud (which I don't use) was causing chaos. I flailed around trying to stop its hydra-like background processes from constantly auto starting. I started off messing around in Application Support files, then LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons. Finally, in a fit of frustration, I gutted the CCXProcess package and basically threw away its files one at a time until the hurting stopped. All of my startup times have markedly improved. Photoshop now opens within 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello CaseySJ, can you please suggest a 1TB/2TB NVMe drive as I'm planning to upgrade the NVMes on my both systems?

I'm between these models:

Gigabyte Aorus Gen4 SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe PCI Express 4.0​

Seagate Firecuda 530 SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe PCI Express 4.0​

Western Digital SN850 SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe PCI Express 4.0​

and, of your opinion, if you have a better drive on ur mind!

P.S. Aorus is much cheaper than the the other two. My main concern is to not have TRIM problems and to be full compatible with macOS Ventura.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Western Digital SN850
The newer SN850X often sells for less than the SN850. Best for hackintosh imo.

When you consider what Apple charges for a Mac Studio 2TB SSD upgrade, don't worry that this costs $230 it's a bargain at $370 less.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Last edited: