Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ So, I am not sure if you've covered this before, but, ever since switching to Opencore, my Facetime hasn't worked. I get incoming audio, but no video. The other person can see and hear me. It just says "Poor Connection The video will resume automatically when the connection improves". Have you encountered this before?

@CaseySJ, thanks your support !!!

A doubt between the two plates: Fenvi FV-T919 and the Fenvi FV-HB1200. In the instructions they say that 1200 is slower than 919. Does this only applies to WIFI speed? Because I believe that for BT functions it doesn't change anything ... am I correct?
I have a generic card with a Broadcom chip, (BCM94360CS2) my doubt is if using the 1200 in place of it would be better?
Thanks,

@CaseySJ So, I am not sure if you've covered this before, but, ever since switching to Opencore, my Facetime hasn't worked. I get incoming audio, but no video. The other person can see and hear me. It just says "Poor Connection The video will resume automatically when the connection improves". Have you encountered this before?

@digimax

This is not specifically a hackintosh problem. I happen to be relegated to very slow satellite Internet service which claims to be "broadband," but isn't. I see this message all the time on FaceTime calls on my APPLE iMac.

If you have "real" high speed internet service and see the message, it may be related to the actual Internet speed your hackintosh is obtaining.

Last edited:
Hi guys I need some help here, I tried to do a bootable backup using an M.2 ssd instead of the USB enclosure.

I was successful with the USB process on Mojave, but now I don't have it anymore. The issue is strangely the eficlone script isn't running anymore. I copied the EFI manually. But, when I boot up, the clover boot menu is empty on the new drive.

The new drive is a M.2 980 Samsung. I tried disabling trim and doing the Clone again with no luck. The files are copied so as the EFi, but it won't show up in the Clover menu.

Last edited:
First, thanks to everyone on this thread for all the help in recent days. Thanks @CaseySJ for keeping it alive and going.

I followed this guide to start transitioning from Clover to OC 0.6.8. Using a USB Flash for now to test. A couple of comments/observations:

1. In Post I'm getting some errors. They're not preventing me from booting but they show up nonetheless. I suspect the first one has something to do with the Boot Chime.
    IMG_3366.jpg
  2. There are references to a config.plist which isn't present inside the downloaded stock OC 0.6.8 zip. There are two flavors of the config Z390 Designare OC 068 AMD GPU & Z390 Designare OC 068 Intel IGPU but all of the references lead one to believe that one should expect a stock "config.plist" that is to be modified.
  3. In this post under section config.plist Changeswe see instructions to do the following:
    • Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel --> Disabled (change to Defaultfor OpenIntelWireless)
      • If I do as instructed and switch to Default I get this error after selecting to boot from macOS Mojave.
        IMG_3365.jpg
    • NVRAM --> Delete --> opencore-version (to report correct OpenCore version when macOS is booted)
      • Is this what you're referring to? If so, it's already present.
        Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 9.45.57 AM.png
  4. Last but not least - I manually moved my SMBIOS info from my Clover to OC but I still get "Sign in to iCloud." I took the time to double check everything and it appears that everything matches (Serial, BoardID, UUID, etc.) Where did I go wrong?

Last edited:
Thanks, i confess to not searching for it in this thread... I will tackle it when i get home tonight and post success !! Each time i think i have some of this figured out something happens that doesn't make sense to me....
I was able to flash my BIOS and set it up. I can see Thunderbolt bus "sometimes". When the bus shows in about this Mac system, then the external OWC M2 TB3 drives DO NOT SHOW UP on Desktop or in storage. If I cold boot, "sometimes" the drives show up in storage and on the Desktop, but the Thunderbolt bus does not show up. Also, under network even when bus does not show up, I show a Thunderbolt network adapter present. SO, much closer but still not seeing a good way to troubleshoot this. I assume that since it sometimes shows up then my OC configuration is good. Hot plug
does not work for the TB ports. After removing the TB devices to test hot plug, they don't come back. If I plugged in my Samsung Type-C USB drives, they do come back.

@CaseySJ, thanks your support !!!

A doubt between the two plates: Fenvi FV-T919 and the Fenvi FV-HB1200. In the instructions they say that 1200 is slower than 919. Does this only applies to WIFI speed? Because I believe that for BT functions it doesn't change anything ... am I correct?
I have a generic card with a Broadcom chip, (BCM94360CS2) my doubt is if using the 1200 in place of it would be better?
Thanks,
@Rag,

If your existing generic card with Broadcom chip is working, then it's best to keep using it. But to answer your question, Bluetooth speed is the same between FV-T919 and FV-HB1200. Only WiFi speed is different.

Hi guys I need some help here, I tried to do a bootable backup using an M.2 ssd instead of the USB enclosure.

I was successful with the USB process on Mojave, but now I don't have it anymore. The issue is strangely the eficlone script isn't running anymore. I copied the EFI manually. But, when I boot up, the clover boot menu is empty on the new drive.

The new drive is a M.2 980 Samsung. I tried disabling trim and doing the Clone again with no luck. The files are copied so as the EFi, but it won't show up in the Clover menu.
@xanderevo,

Please try the latest EFIClone script from my GitHub repository. Just need to change TEST_SWITCH to N and remove the quarantine flag by typing xattr -d com.apple.quarantine EFIClone.sh. Please see the Bootable Backup guide for details on how to copy the script to CCC's protected scripts folder.

Back