Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Unresolved Problem #6 Reporting

I have tried every way of fixing this issue. Nvidia driver shows in the menu bar but even with editing the Config.plist it still will not boot using nvidia drivers. using nvda_drv=1 has no effect. using the use nvidia web drivers in clover has no effect. Really stumped on whats going on here. hardware is listed below with customac pro.

Unresolved Problem #6 Reporting

I have tried every way of fixing this issue. Nvidia driver shows in the menu bar but even with editing the Config.plist it still will not boot using nvidia drivers. using nvda_drv=1 has no effect. using the use nvidia web drivers in clover has no effect. Really stumped on whats going on here. hardware is listed below with customac pro.

If it is showing the Nvidia Web Driver as being selected then problem #6 is not the issue.

If it is showing the Nvidia Web Driver as being selected then problem #6 is not the issue.

Nividia web driver software shows, OSX driver is selected, not the nvidia one. I'm wondering if its something to do with bootflags or with my config.plist. would it help to upload it? the bootflags that load by default are Dart=0 and nv_disable=1 (which ive been deleting everytime before boot)

sorry for the misconception

Last edited:
Did you install and activate the web drivers? Are you running 10.12.4+? HWmonitor will also need to be updated for Pascal (I believe). The fans not spinning is perfectly normal for 900 series cards and newer, they have semi passive cooling.

I downloaded the latest hwmonitor from the site yesterday.

As to the web drivers i installed and activated them with my old GT 710 which did show up in HW monitor. Just chaged it to 1050 yesterday. Also since I did the 10.12.5 update today and the web driver update, its the latest

The passive cooling element is non damaging? I will primarily use this fir final cut pro X work

Nividia web driver software shows, OSX driver is selected, not the nvidia one. I'm wondering if its something to do with bootflags or with my config.plist. would it help to upload it? the bootflags that load by default are Dart=0 and nv_disable=1 (which ive been deleting everytime before boot)

sorry for the misconception

Indeed, upload your config.plist.

I downloaded the latest hwmonitor from the site yesterday.

As to the web drivers i installed and activated them with my old GT 710 which did show up in HW monitor. Just chaged it to 1050 yesterday. Also since I did the 10.12.5 update today and the web driver update, its the latest

The passive cooling element is non damaging? I will primarily use this fir final cut pro X work

The fans are controlled by the VBIOS on the card. When it gets around 55-60C then the fans will turn on, this is perfectly normal behavior and it does this in Windows as well.

The fans are controlled by the VBIOS on the card. When it gets around 55-60C then the fans will turn on, this is perfectly normal behavior and it does this in Windows as well.

Thanks.

Any problem with it showing as 256mb instead of 4gb on about this Mac/system report?

P. S: This card does not have the pic-e power connector. Could that have any bearing on it not showing up in hwmonitor? Sorry if thats an ignorant question

Indeed, upload your config.plist.

Also here is an update of what I have tried since

1: Fresh install
2:used multibeast to install drivers as pictured below...
3: install Nvidia web driver
4: install clover, only checking box as pictured below...
5: edit config.plist as attached....
6: reboot- clear nv_disable=1 from clover, its always in there on every reboot??? do I need to rebote in a specific way?
7: osx driver still booting...... im stumped

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 202
Update:

went into bios and reselected the boot drive as the actual EFI partition, and amazingly it loaded a whole new clover, very cool.... boots through apple logo then goes black and monitor loses signal, progress??? haha

Update 2:

It will boot with only Dart=0 in boot flags and with USE NVIDIA WEB DRIVER deselected in the graphics injector part of clover...

when it does boot still only the OSX graphics driver... will upload pictures of current clover settings!! (pictures are uploaded as what it takes to make it boot, default setting is the use nvidia driver selected)

I appreciate all the help I can get :)

Attachments

• IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Back