Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hey bro i still having problems to install my Nvidia GTX 1050 ti G1. My Screen is flickering / Lagging and "About this mac" says: Nvidia Chip Model 7mb

Now im in Sierra 10.12.4 with Cuda 8.0.81 and Nvidia drivers installed.
web Drivers are activated.
The Clover boot is with nvda_drv=1 with flag.

Can you please help?
I'm having no luck trying different methods
Thanks in advance!

Remove the nv_disable flag. It's only purpose is to disable the Nvidia drivers.

Remove the nv_disable flag. It's only purpose is to disable the Nvidia drivers.

I remove flag from nv_disable. Now screen is black. I download Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext and i install them with KextBeast putting files in desktop / Now they are installed in the extensions folder but not luck :( i still having a black screen i really don't understand the other methods.

I remove flag from nv_disable. Now screen is black. I download Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext and i install them with KextBeast putting files in desktop / Now they are installed in the extensions folder but not luck :( i still having a black screen i really don't understand the other methods.

Set Inject/Intel to false

Looked everywhere for a fix here and other places. After upgrading to 10.12.4 the Nvidia fixes would not work. I tried adding NvidiaWeb /Boolean / YES on PlistEditor Pro. No dice. Finally, fired up MultiBeast and did the emulated NVRAM. Boom. Works like a champ.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-05-14 a la(s) 00.20.20.png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-05-14 a la(s) 00.20.20.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 116
yoo,

first of thank you all in the community thanks to you I had my system working with El Capitan, but I decided to go for a upgrade.
Sierra, after installing it and stressing my balls off. I decided to ask for help.

After dealing with problem #6 (which worked for me on El Capitan) My hackintosh keeps rebooting midway in the loading screen.
I had this same problem with El Capitan but on the 2nd run it would work.

I've added my config.plist maybe it could give some inside
Currently posting this with nv_disable or else I couldn't get on the website.

Also my system is
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH with a Gigabyte GTX 950 (Maybe it's the graphic card I don't know)
The Bios is according to the guides ( also updated to the latest ), only I can't find CMOS I think.

Last edited:
Looked everywhere for a fix here and other places. After upgrading to 10.12.4 the Nvidia fixes would not work. I tried adding NvidiaWeb /Boolean / YES on PlistEditor Pro. No dice. Finally, fired up MultiBeast and did the emulated NVRAM. Boom. Works like a champ.

I'll add using MultBeast to complete the steps in Problem #6. It does the same thing.

yoo,

first of thank you all in the community thanks to you I had my system working with El Capitan, but I decided to go for a upgrade.
Sierra, after installing it and stressing my balls off. I decided to ask for help.

After dealing with problem #6 (which worked for me on El Capitan) My hackintosh keeps rebooting midway in the loading screen.
I had this same problem with El Capitan but on the 2nd run it would work.

I've added my config.plist maybe it could give some inside
Currently posting this with nv_disable or else I couldn't get on the website.

Also my system is
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH with a Gigabyte GTX 950 (Maybe it's the graphic card I don't know)
The Bios is according to the guides ( also updated to the latest ), only I can't find CMOS I think.
Thanks. I compare your config.plist with mine, and we have the same configuration but its not working for me. I think its because my GPU is 100 series.

Thanks for your help!

In the installation drive's config.plist, there is the following:
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>                  <---- Make sure it's "false"
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x19120000</string>
    </dict>

You can change it, if you have to do so, in Clover Configurator.

First I did this and my #6 problem is solved, but my graphic card just detected as Nvidia display 3 MB, not ma actual GPU (GTX 950)

Thank you all!! Chiming in with my experience: GTX 1060 w/ 7700k and an Asus z170e MoBo. Had issue #6 FOREVER, tried the steps in the OP with no success, finally ended up doing that "remove inject intel" fix right above my post, then re-did the initial step in instruction #6 in the OP, and now the video driver works perfectly!! I love this place, thank you guys!

and I did this (re-did the initial step in instruction #6 in the OP) but my machine reboot in the half way loading screen, then i uncheck "Use NVIDIA WEB drivers" so I can make this post with OS X Default Graphics Driver, and now my #6 problems can't be fixed by changing the config.plist like I did before. any solution for this?

this is my machine btw
OS X Sierra 10.12.4
nVidia web driver 378.05.05
cpu core i5 3470
mobo gigabyte ga-z77m-d3h
gpu zotac gtx 950
ram 12 GB

I attach my EFI file

sorry for my bad English

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 137