Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Update 3:

Went into bios and disabled integrated graphics... no effect. Very confident that this problem stems from a overlook on my end. Would it be worth while to reinstall? Im using Imac 17.1 for the system definition. Does clover, nvidia drivers, and multi beast need to be installed all on a separate reboot?

Update 4:

1: Fresh install again.
2: clover, multibeast, and nvidia drivers as usual.
3: Noted change in multibeast as 14.2
4: reboot, and now I get a black screen with no response after drive selection in clover... will picture below what verbose shows...
5: will not boot with nvidia web drivers deselected like it used too. will not boot in safe mode. will not boot in safe mode + nv_disable=1, just wont boot at all.
6: fresh install again....... :banghead:
7: Give up? this is supposed to be a solid system per recommended builds. I HAVE to be doing something simple and dumb.:( I Forgot to get a copy of Config.plist....

Thanks

Update 5:

1. Did another fresh install
2. used clover 2.4k r4061. multibeast using imac 17,1 and nvidia drivers.
3. edited the config.plist
4. Will reboot using clover that is on flashdrive (using flashdrive to select hard drive) clover settings are dart=0 nv_disable=1 and intel inject selected. Won't boot any other way, has kernal panic. I can't get the clover which is downloaded on the hard drive to boot even when settings between the two are identical. wont show apple logo just blank screen, monitor does have signal.

If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated, otherwise i've accepted defeat haha.

Attachments

• IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Thanks.

Any problem with it showing as 256mb instead of 4gb on about this Mac/system report?

P. S: This card does not have the pic-e power connector. Could that have any bearing on it not showing up in hwmonitor? Sorry if thats an ignorant question

Yes 256mb means that something is not right. Make sure Inject/Nvidia is false.

FYI, PikerAlphas black screen patch seems to be broken again in 10.12.5. I had to go back to Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.

Yes 256mb means that something is not right. Make sure Inject/Nvidia is false.
Forgot that bit. Turned injectNvidia to NO in Xcode and now it shows 4096mb

Thanks.

Any suggestions on the HWmonitor or any other sensor app picking up the graphic card?

Forgot that bit. Turned injectNvidia to NO in Xcode and now it shows 4096mb

Thanks.

Any suggestions on the HWmonitor or any other sensor app picking up the graphic card?

I don't use anything in macOS for GPU monitoring. I use a program called Monity from the App Store for everything else.

I'm having an kernal panic after following the Problem 6 option attempting to install the Nvidia driver (to get a GTX 980 card to work).

I installed the Clover update and after rebooting it gave me the com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBUHCIPCI(1.0.1) kernal panic. (see screenshot for full details). I left everything setup in the clover update as default and it appears it updated my version of clover as the interface changed.

I'm not sure what to do to resolve this. Please help.

Hardware Info:

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR Mobo
Nvidia GTX 980 card

IMG_1685.JPG

Last edited:
Back