Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I think that perhaps you are not booting from the config.plist that you think you are.
I use clover configurator for mount and modify config.plist on EFI volume

Problem 4: Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition

Fix: modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext as pointed out by PikeRAlpha here. We have two options, using Clover's built in kext patching (preferred) or manually editing the kext. Using Clover to patch the kext on the fly is preferred because it does not get over written after each OS X update. If you do it manually you will have to make the edits after each update.

Method 1:

NOTE:
This method does not currently work with macOS Sierra 10.12, please use method 2 below and run the AGDPFix v1.3 utility.
  1. Open your Clover config.plist using text edit and scroll till you see <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
  2. In that section you will want to add the following:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>(c)Pike R. Alpha</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    Ym9hcmQtaXg=
    </data>
    </dict>
  3. Save your config and now your kext will be patched when you boot by changing board-id to board-ix.

When I apply this fix my config.plist gets corrupted and I can't edit it with Clover Configurator anymore. The fix seems to work halfway as it I don't get any video signal until I am logged in. I see the apple logo, then the screen turns off and when I enter the password in the dark I get to the desktop. The strange thing is that it also reverts to the basic el capitan wallpaper so it might no load the login screen at all. Anybody can help me out with this? Specs are the following:

Specs:
  • OSX 10.11.4
  • GA-H170M-D3H
  • i5-6600
  • 32 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4 RAM
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB
  • EVGA GTX 950
  • Bootloader: Clover 4.34.0
  • NVIDIA Driver: 346.03.06f1
Clover:
  • nvda_drv=1
  • dart=0
  • Inject Intel

When I apply this fix my config.plist gets corrupted and I can't edit it with Clover Configurator anymore. The fix seems to work halfway as it I don't get any video signal until I am logged in. I see the apple logo, then the screen turns off and when I enter the password in the dark I get to the desktop. The strange thing is that it also reverts to the basic el capitan wallpaper so it might no load the login screen at all. Anybody can help me out with this? Specs are the following:

Specs:
  • OSX 10.11.4
  • GA-H170M-D3H
  • i5-6600
  • 32 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4 RAM
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB
  • EVGA GTX 950
  • Bootloader: Clover 4.34.0
  • NVIDIA Driver: 346.03.06f1
Clover:
  • nvda_drv=1
  • dart=0
  • Inject Intel

My guess is you aren't editing the config.plist correctly.

Any hints what could have went wrong. I used Atom text editor so I don't get any formatting in the code.
Can I post my file here tomorrow so you can have a quick look at it?

Sure post the file.

Hi,

I have a problem with my Nvidia 960GTX. I have installed the last drivers but my video card have just 7Mo.
And for boot on Sierra i add nv_disable=1 without reboot os

View attachment 218869

You have a idea ??
Regards,
nIk0
Hi
Exact same problem here with galax GTX 980 HOF and macOS sierra 10.12.1 16B2657...
If i inject nvidia i get the name in the about my mac but 0MB vram
If i dont inject i see "nvidia chip model 7MB" (or something like that, i dont remember)
And if i boot with web driver i get boot loop.
the latest nvidia web driver is installed which came out two days ago i think
And the nvidia panel in system prefrences do not even detect my card in the ECC tab !
Also tried 10.12 and same thing there.
Realy don't know what to do

Last edited:
I have the same issue @mr.rs gtx 980 sc here tho.

Edit- I got it working but safari and chrome keep crashing. I changed smbios to mid 2010.

Edit again- After reboot chrome seems to be working! i dont need any boot flags other than the one for x99 mobos.

I have a i7-6800k 32GB ddr4 and a gtx 980

Last edited:
I am getting flicking on my GTX 660ti graphics card. Not sure why that is happening. I have the nvidia graphics installed and functioning otherwise. Currently running with nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Tony’s iMac.zip
    723.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 10.42.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 10.42.30 PM.png
    323.8 KB · Views: 183
Hi
Exact same problem here with galax GTX 980 HOF and macOS sierra 10.12.1 16B2657...
If i inject nvidia i get the name in the about my mac but 0MB vram
If i dont inject i see "nvidia chip model 7MB" (or something like that, i dont remember)
And if i boot with web driver i get boot loop.
the latest nvidia web driver is installed which came out two days ago i think
And the nvidia panel in system prefrences do not even detect my card in the ECC tab !
Also tried 10.12 and same thing there.
Realy don't know what to do

Hi,
Always same,
I have tested differents smbios but no sucess.
I'm desperate....

Back