Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

iMac 14,2 is not needed with Ivybridge machines with Nvidia Graphics. No need to have Nvidia Web Drivers installed or Nvidia Web in config. 650ti is native with (Inject nvidia) set to false.

Thank you! I will try that later.

Thank you! I will try that later.

Just make sure you uninstall Nvidia Web Drivers to avoid any problems if you don't plan to use them. Remove nvda_drv=1 & Nvidia Web from config.

Ah, that explains it - you're on a real Mac. I can't remember the Terminal command to reset the NVDAStartupWeb.kext privileges. So, lets do the following:
:ch: Copy the NVDAStartupWeb.kext to the desktop and delete the one in /S/L/E;
:ch: Download and run KextBeast selecting /S/L/E;
:ch: Reboot.​
That should do it, I hope. If not, try running Onyx's automation utility (repair permissions, clear cache's, etc.).

In the future, I recommend the Nvidia Sticky Thread at the MacRumors' Mac Pro forum.

I tried the steps suggested but without success. I also tried the Onyx utility and did repair permissions and cleared cache.

Is there anything I can send to help diagnose the issue? I believe at least one other Mac Pro owner is having the same issue:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-web-drivers-on-sierra.205806/

Thanks!

Hi,

Wish I could get some help here.

After upgrading from 10.11 to 10.12, I met a strange problem.

I installed the latest Nvidia web driver and tried to enable it with the new method, but the driver only loads during the boot right after installation.

That is, every time I have to boot with nv_disable=1, install the web driver, reboot, and this gets the driver loaded, for only once. SIP is disabled so the installation should be no problem.

OS Version: 10.12.1 (16B2555)
Web Driver Version: 367.15.10.15
CPU: Core i7-4970K
Mobo: GA-Z97X-UD3H
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX960 4GB
System Definition: iMac 14,2

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone give me a hint for this problem?

Thanks.

Just make sure you uninstall Nvidia Web Drivers to avoid any problems if you don't plan to use them. Remove nvda_drv=1 & Nvidia Web from config.

Well... I have tried to remove everything including drivers and it's still the same.

I'm sorry, the thing is that I have forgot that I have replaced GPU (gtx650) with GT 220. :banghead:
So I have Nvidia Gt220 now. :oops:

Any idea how can I make gt220 to work? Do I need web drivers? Do I have to install multibeast in legacy mode?

Last edited:
Having an issue with Problem 2. I have Mac OS 10.12.1 (16B2657), but I do not see a download for it in the list provided. I am seriously confused on what's going on.

Is NVidia GT 220 even supported in sierra? I had dual screen working perfect with Yosemite. Now with clover I can't even get one screen to work...

Is NVidia GT 220 even supported in sierra? I had dual screen working perfect with Yosemite. Now with clover I can't even get one screen to work...

AFAIK the GT 210 is still working in Sierra so I would assume the 220 is as well.

AFAIK the GT 210 is still working in Sierra so I would assume the 220 is as well.

Yes, 220 is almost the same as 210. Do you maybe know what I have to set in clover in order to work?

I have tried with web drivers and without drivers. nvda_drv=1,... Nothing seems to work... it just go to sleep after loading and then auto reboots.

Hi,

I have a problem with my Nvidia 960GTX. I have installed the last drivers but my video card have just 7Mo.
And for boot on Sierra i add nv_disable=1 without reboot os

capture.png

You have a idea ??
Regards,
nIk0

Last edited:
Back