Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Solving NVIDIA driver install problems

Are you sure it doesn't finish booting?

yes as soon as i start up my pc. apple logo comes and then after a few seconds monitor turn off at 30% and then nothing happens..

also i am using profile iMac 14,2 as per the instructions..

i think i might have found a temporary solution..

heres what i did..

ran this in terminal to rebuild kext cache manually

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

which i saw from this link.
https://gist.github.com/return1/4058659

and then i rebooted with -v -f args..
nothing happened same monitor went to sleep and the cpu fan was spinning. instead of shutting down cpu i pressed restart button and viola the nvidia drivers got loaded.. everything started to work fine..

but now the problem is whenever i start my hackintosh monitor goes blank and then i have to press restart button when cpu is running then everything starts to work again.. but this is annoying everytime i have to reboot after monitor turns off and restart to use my mac. any solutions..?

also i have captured something check the image below..

IMG_20151206_123548.jpg

says geforce sensors: unsupported maxwell chipset.. i dont know a lot about hackintosh.. please checkout screenshot and please give any suggestions if available..

Hello

(I did search on Quadro before posting here, but honestly Slim Jim's help seem so valid, I thought I'd directly ask, instead of trying to piece together an understanding from snippets of a couple dozen other threads...)

My sig has my hardware. I also have two 10-bit monitors and El Cap 10.11.1. I'm a photographer, so the new 10-bit capability is important to me... which leads to my question, obviously.

Would love to have a Quadro K2200 (or even K2000) to get a full 10-bit workflow.

The question is simple: can I get there from here, [ buying the card and downloading the latest driver (which I think is 346.03.04b02) ] or is more waiting in order?

Any suggestions at all regarding 10-bit would be greatly appreciated... even if it's just "wait a while longer."

Thanks

Issue 4 has a simple solution. Change in DSDT table device name gfx0 for gfx1.

Hi.

I will just leave a note here, to help others, since I solved my problem.

I have a Nvidia GTX 660 and 4 displays.

After installing El Capitan only two worked. Other two ports seems dead.

Changing clover graphics configurations to 4 did not help.

What made all 4 work again was activating "dual link" (setting it to 1, as this makes 2x2 ports) in graphics configuration. Yes it is dead obvious and simple after you figure it out. But the trouble is that dual link is disabled* by default in clover, but in Chimera all four always worked by default.

What did extend the solving time was that the real macs also had or still have trouble with multiple displays so I had trouble defining the true cause.

If above does not work, my other configuration are nvidia latest webdriver, number of ports in clover configuration file is set to 4, but alone those two setting did nothing until I activated the dual link.

Hello

(I did search on Quadro before posting here, but honestly Slim Jim's help seem so valid, I thought I'd directly ask, instead of trying to piece together an understanding from snippets of a couple dozen other threads...)

My sig has my hardware. I also have two 10-bit monitors and El Cap 10.11.1. I'm a photographer, so the new 10-bit capability is important to me... which leads to my question, obviously.

Would love to have a Quadro K2200 (or even K2000) to get a full 10-bit workflow.

The question is simple: can I get there from here, [ buying the card and downloading the latest driver (which I think is 346.03.04b02) ] or is more waiting in order?

Any suggestions at all regarding 10-bit would be greatly appreciated... even if it's just "wait a while longer."

Thanks

I don't have any experience with Quadro cards or a true 30-bit workflow. From what I have read, the Quadro K2200 should work with the Nvidia web drivers installed. As far as enabling 10-bit color depth I am not sure if there is anything that needs to be done or not.

Issue 4 has a simple solution. Change in DSDT table device name gfx0 for gfx1.

Are there any adverse affects caused by changing the name?

I don't have any experience with Quadro cards or a true 30-bit workflow. From what I have read, the Quadro K2200 should work with the Nvidia web drivers installed. As far as enabling 10-bit color depth I am not sure if there is anything that needs to be done or not.

Thanks SJ. I'll probably wait a bit before I drop $400 on a card that may, or may not, work...

"Are there any adverse affects caused by changing the name?"

These solutions have been using for six months and I have no problems. In my findings on MacPro6,1 card failure, but before the system starts up, unload kext for gfx0. Gfx1 remains.

Just as an FYI, as I haven't dug deep into this yet - but i just installed latest security update for my Yosemite 10.10.5 this evening and now my nvidia web drivers won't load. In checking my build number - i now show this:

Version 10.10.5 (14F1505)

Could the update have changed my build number? web driver is obviously checking this because i now get an incompatible message. I am using 346.02.03f02.

Was working fine before.

Yeah, this has occurred for at least the last couple of security updates. I usually wait a few days before updating so that Nvidia can introduce new web drivers for the new OS X build version.

Back