Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

There web driver 10.10.5 build 14f1509?

Attachments

• Schermata 2015-12-12 alle 10.45.48.png
    Schermata 2015-12-12 alle 10.45.48.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 128
For problem number 4, try the Clover Patch instead. This will persist across updates, and is easier to do anyway. I found it yesterday on Pike's website, and can confirm that it survived the most recent update.

In Clover Configurator:

Kernel and Kext Patches -> KextsToPatch:
Name = AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find = 626F6172642D6964
Replace = 626F6172642D6978
Comment = AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha

Many thanks! :) Didn´t work for me, but I got to edit the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext manually.. I think, the reason was the new System Integrity Protection (SIP) in El Capitan, because the file could not be saved with Terminal (nano)..

There web driver 10.10.5 build 14f1509?

Yeah, I have the same issue. I just did the latest security update for 10.10.5 (build 14f1509) and the drivers don't work anymore. Tried changing the system build in NVDStartup, but no success. I'm back to integrated intel graphics.

Any word on the web driver 10.10.5 for build 14f1509?

thanks.

Yeah, I have the same issue. I just did the latest security update for 10.10.5 (build 14f1509) and the drivers don't work anymore. Tried changing the system build in NVDStartup, but no success. I'm back to integrated intel graphics.

Any word on the web driver 10.10.5 for build 14f1509?

thanks.

Nope. You all gotta stop updating before the drivers are released. The security updates will ALWAYS change the build number and disable the web driver.

Do you know how long Nvidia usually takes to update the drivers?
Thanks! Im in the same situation here...
Wondering if I should rollback or just wait another day...

Well, I think what prompted people to update were posts #327 and #328. We all thought they pertained to the LATEST security update 2015-006, but they were actually the previous update 2015-005 which came out one week earlier. So, having learned the hard way, I would like to warn people NOT to use the security update 2015-006 (build 14f1509) until Nvidia has released the new drivers. I will call them on Monday to see if I can get an ETA, and I will be sure to post here.

thanks.

Well, I think what prompted people to update were posts #327 and #328. We all thought they pertained to the LATEST security update 2015-006, but they were actually the previous update 2015-005 which came out one week earlier. So, having learned the hard way, I would like to warn people NOT to use the security update 2015-006 (build 14f1509) until Nvidia has released the new drivers. I will call them on Monday to see if I can get an ETA, and I will be sure to post here.

thanks.

All of he build numbers are in the initial post. It usually only takes a day or two.

Awesome guys. Thank you so much!
Damn this forum is helpful!!

Well, back again. This time instead of deciding on the card I wanted, I looked at the Nvidia site and found the driver first. That told me I could get a Quadro FX4800, which fortunately are inexpensive these days. (I'm mainly after the 10-bit graphics.)

So: ordered the card, and DL'd the driver.

I'm running El Cap, using Multibeast for the kexts et al. My mobo and setup are older and basic (see sig) and the GTX 760 card never needed a special driver, so it was entirely painless.

Now I'm about to install a card that does require a driver. I'd rather not muck it up, and I'm guessing that I need to set some parameters to allow the card and driver to be recognized. The GA-Z77X-UD5H is set as a Mac 3,1, and is OC'd to 4.6 (if that matters.)

I'd hate to have the first boot with the new card show up blind, so I'd appreciate it if someone could share what I should do configure the UEFI files and etc so that it will (in a perfect world) "just work."

The driver I got is WebDriver-346.03.04f01.

My skill level is medium with all this, but I am generally very comfortable with the tools, the terminal and so on.

Thanks in advance... and season's greeting to one and all.

I too made the mistake of updating to the latest version of Yosemite only to discover that Nvidia does not yet have an update for the GPU drivers. Now my monitor blinks periodically and the cursor is jumpy and the system is slow.

So I have two dumb questions:

1) What is the easiest way to turn off the GPU (other than physically yanking it out)?

2) What is the best way next time to check that Nvidia has the drivers for an OS update so I don't make this stupid mistake again?

thanks

GTX 750 TI
GA-Z97-D3H

i7 4790K

Last edited:
Back