Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Your config.plist is corrupt - A malformed config.plist is the same as not having one at all.
"config.plist: Found non-key inside <dict> at line 113"

Do not use a text editor to edit your config.plist, it can/will destroy the formatting.

Gotcha. So TextWrangler would be out of the question as well, correct? So, would plain vim or Plist Edit Pro would be the preferred methods?

Gotcha. So TextWrangler would be out of the question as well, correct? So, would plain vim or Plist Edit Pro would be the preferred methods?

TextWrangler is fine as is Plist Edit Pro or Xcode.

Ok. I tried reinstalling El Capitan from scratch, just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then, I followed the instructions as explained in Problem 6. I used TextWrangler to edit the config.plist. I still am having the same problem. It keeps on reverting to OS X Default Driver. I've attached my config.plist. Any ideas?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 182
One more question and I know this sounds retarded, but for problem#4/method 3, do I have to type the entire command line or could I copy and paste it? I've been copy and pasting but the right file does not appear after I type my password. Using 10.11.6 btw.

Ok. I tried reinstalling El Capitan from scratch, just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then, I followed the instructions as explained in Problem 6. I used TextWrangler to edit the config.plist. I still am having the same problem. It keeps on reverting to OS X Default Driver. I've attached my config.plist. Any ideas?

Use Clover Configurator to make your config changes. Your syntax is still wrong. Plus there is no need to modify the config.plist for problem #6.

This
Code:
<key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0</string>
        <string>nvda_drv=1</string>

Should be
Code:
<key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string>

Nothing in the config file will make it say the correct driver.

Last edited:
One more question and I know this sounds retarded, but for problem#4/method 3, do I have to type the entire command line or could I copy and paste it? I've been copy and pasting but the right file does not appear after I type my password. Using 10.11.6 btw.

Use Shilohh's script it does the same thing for you.

Use Clover Configurator to make your config changes. Your syntax is still wrong. Plus there is no need to modify the config.plist for problem #6.

This
Code:
<key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0</string>
        <string>nvda_drv=1</string>

Should be
Code:
<key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string>

Nothing in the config file will make it say the correct driver.

Ok. I fixed it. It worked. Thanks for all your help and Pilgrim's help!

Try to enable the NVRAM. There are instructions on the first page. Also, boot with the nvda_drv=1 boot flag.

That exact boot flag was added once I installed the second updated driver for 10.11.6. Didn't work with the driver. Now since I'm running th first nvidia driver for 10.11.6, it works with the boot flag.

Back