Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Solved my problem bij moving AppleGraphicsControl.kext from /S/L/E to the desktop and using kextbeast to install it back into SLE...
I have NO idea why you thought of that but this solved my issue with an x99 system and my EVGA 970. Thanks a ton.

I have NO idea why you thought of that but this solved my issue with an x99 system and my EVGA 970. Thanks a ton.

That fixes it's permissions

Fix: setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.

Download and install Clover Configurator.

Run EFI Mounter v3 and mount the EFI partition.

Double click EFI/Clover/config.plist

Select "Boot" on left pane. Check (on) nvda_drv=1

Now try switching from OS X driver to nVidia WebDriver. Reboot. Your login screen should now be clearer.

If it doesn't work, then try setting "EmuVariableUefi-64," and if still doesn't work after rebooting, then set "Install RC Scripts on target volume."

But first try setting nada_drv=1.

Hello all, I have a weird issue. My hackintosh won't boot when connected to the HDMI port, it just gives me a black screen when the desktop is supposed to appear. It does boot normally when connected via DVI, showing the right information in About this Mac, with working graphics acceleration and all. I've tried a couple of things, detailed in this post: GTX 750 Ti - HDMI ports not working. Please help, thanks in advanced!

Edit: SOLVED

Hello, I have installed the Nvidia web driver. My video card is EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX Cooling 2.0 Run the installer but don't click on the Reboot button after the installation is completed. Keep the installer open and run Clover Configurator. Clover Configurator will open and a smaller window will open as well click on Mount EFI Partitions and the small window goes away, on Clover Configurator bottom right hit Mount EFI Partitions this will mount your EFI Partition. Got to finder and under devices you should see an HDD thats says EFI, go to EFI/CLOVER and in there click on config.plist. This should update the current Clover Configurator window with the settings found in the config.plist file you clicked, now go to the "Boot" section, uncheck "nv_disable=1" and check "nvda_drv=1". Leave "rootless=0" and "dart=0" checked. File Save, close, quit Clover. Reboot by clicking on the restart button in the Nvidia installer window.

After I have done this, my video driver works (I guess because if I access nVidia manager on the EEC field I don't see anything there but if I go and select the option About this mac my video card is displayed there) now but it says no signal, my video card is connected to a BENQ XL2411Z Monitor (144HZ) via DVI Cable I rebooted with nv_disable=1 now to write this post. I'm running on Hackintosh El-Capitan 10.11.6 with clover. The system definition is setted as iMac 15,1.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an idea where does the web driver store the display resolution / refresh rate setting? I accidentally changed it and now I get black screen WITH MOUSE after boot (nvda_drv=1). Booting with nv_disable=1 and changing the display setting won't help (still black with mouse after boot with web driver). Deleting the windowserver.plist file does not help - still BS w. mouse after boot with web driver. What is going on???
GTX970, latest web driver.
Thanks.

EDIT: OK, mark this solved - fortunately I had switched on Screen Sharing, so managed to change the display resolution back through that. Very strange behavior nevertheless...

Last edited:
I had problem Number 6 and using this guide the nVidia loading issue went away... Thanks. Curiously now when I boot up my computer the Clover Boot Manager screen is grey/blue instead of the original black with green icons. The computer still starts up with Mac OS but is this normal? Do I need to make any changes?

EDIT: Clover Boot Manager screen is grey and green.

EDIT 2: (SOLVED) Went back to my EFI backup folder and found the original "TonyMac" theme folder. Then copied and pasted into the appropriate EFI partition folder.

Last edited:
pals,
got,

Gigabyte geforce 210 1gb
system = imac 10.1 selected , 10.11.5 el capitan
monitor connected using vga
motherboard: p5kpl-amps

tried all the settings to run the nvidia drivers but all in vain.
boot using nv_disable=1

installed the appropriate nvidia web drivers , and inserted the nvda_drv=1 argument in clover
also inject nvidia is selected in clover

but the system goes to blank screen while booting.
have to replace nvda_drv=1 with nv_disable=1 to boot into the system, but no grafx acceleration cause of that.

checked the system config part, and vram is showing 1024mb

also tried with nvidia inject on and off but nothing changes.

needed help in finding the problem?

pals,
got,

Gigabyte geforce 210 1gb
system = imac 10.1 selected , 10.11.5 el capitan
monitor connected using vga
motherboard: p5kpl-amps

tried all the settings to run the nvidia drivers but all in vain.
boot using nv_disable=1

installed the appropriate nvidia web drivers , and inserted the nvda_drv=1 argument in clover
also inject nvidia is selected in clover

but the system goes to blank screen while booting.
have to replace nvda_drv=1 with nv_disable=1 to boot into the system, but no grafx acceleration cause of that.

checked the system config part, and vram is showing 1024mb

also tried with nvidia inject on and off but nothing changes.

needed help in finding the problem?

Pal, there is no support for VGA in OS X, Apple does not use it in their products.
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI.

Back