Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Motherboard
ASUS Z170-E
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Zotac GTX Titan
I have two issues that seem to be not connected.
I've been trying to get a GTX Titan to work, but I was not successfull having a dark screen problem, so I switched back to my old GTX 570 and tried to get the nVidia Web Driver working, as I could determine that the system was running but the screen just went to standby. I did try all provided solutions to the dark screen issue, but non of it would work. I switched back to my GTX 570 and got the screen to work, but now I'm stuck with the Web Drivers not willing to work, so after every reboot the WebDrivers are not selected.
I tried all solutions provided, here is my config.plist, i removed all boot flags, but I can't get it to work.
Build is a:

ASUS Z170-E
i7-6700K
Zotac GeForce GTX 570 HD 1280 MB / Zotac GTX TITAN

I'm on 10.12.6

Any Ideas?

Edit: reading my comment you can judge my level of frustration :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270 UD5
CPU
i7-77000K
Graphics
On-board
Hello everyone....
I'm at a lost. Here's my problem. Im running z270x-UD5 mobo with 32gb of ram. I have 2 LG 29UM60-P monitors that I would love to have working correctly. Its a no go with the onboard card as I have tried many of the things posted. Even the disable the onboard card which my screen went black and I had to use the cmos switch and reset all my bios settings. Right now with the onboard card, both screens comes on. When it gets to the Apple logo and progress bar, screen 2 shuts off and gives me a no signal display. So I grab an Gigabyte GTX1050 ti, hoping that would work but nope. When I put it in and reboot, nothing happens. It will not boot up, it just gives me no signal on both displays. Im using HDMI for one and display port for the other. Take the 1050 ti out, and I have my main screen back and I'm back to the second one shutting off. Using that setup (internal card) even though the screen is "off", I still can move the mouse over as if that screen is "on" and its something on the display. Im going to try to attach my distribution file that I opened with the Flat Package Editor and a screen shot of my Library/Extensions folder. Im new to all of this so if you need to see my config.plist please guide me to it because I don't see it on my ssd. If I can have this working without the 1050 ti, fine by me! I just need both working, I can deal with the glitches on boot up because it don't happen after that.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I had to mount my EFI to see my config list but its a few in there so I don't know which not the system is using. One says my SMBOIS is 14,2 and the other says 18,3

Edit 2: So I boot into my windows ssd to see if I can load it up there and nope. Nvidia says it can't complete because it couldn't find the hardware.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-E
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Zotac GTX Titan
I have two issues that seem to be not connected.
I've been trying to get a GTX Titan to work, but I was not successfull having a dark screen problem, so I switched back to my old GTX 570 and tried to get the nVidia Web Driver working, as I could determine that the system was running but the screen just went to standby. I did try all provided solutions to the dark screen issue, but non of it would work. I switched back to my GTX 570 and got the screen to work, but now I'm stuck with the Web Drivers not willing to work, so after every reboot the WebDrivers are not selected.
I tried all solutions provided, here is my config.plist, i removed all boot flags, but I can't get it to work.
Build is a:

ASUS Z170-E
i7-6700K
Zotac GeForce GTX 570 HD 1280 MB / Zotac GTX TITAN

I'm on 10.12.6

Any Ideas?

Edit: reading my comment you can judge my level of frustration :)
well problem solved - just select the correct boot order.

Motherboard
ASRock Z97 Extreme6 (Clover)
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GT440
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hey guys,

Long story short, my GTX970 died and I had to replace it with my old card the GT440.
I ran into some problems, but after injecting Lilu+NvidiaGraphicsFixup, enabling Web Drivers + disabling InjectNvidia I managed to get my old GPU to work at native 1080p resolution.

The problem is now that I can't see the wallpaper - top left corner theres some artifacts and the rest is black screen. When I try to change it, I dont see any pictures although they're selectable. Monitoring and utility apps are blank for the most part, and so on.. Rest of the UI (sidebar, dock..etc) works fine.

What do? Thanks in advance guys!

Motherboard
Mac Pro
CPU
12 x 2.93GHz
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Sorry first post on this thread, and my problem may have been answered but I don't have time to read through 249 pages!
I bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 970 REF edition, and I can't get my Mac Pro Cheesegrater 5.1 running OSX 10.12.1 to properly recognise the card. It comes up as NVIDIA Chip Model in System Report. See screen grab below.

I tried the 970 in slot 1 using the motherboard 6 pin PCI connectors, didn't work. I then bought a 650W Corsair power supply and I'm powering the card using that externally with the paperclip trick. Still doesn't work.

When I bought the machine it came with a 980ti in slot 1, that has always worked perfectly using the mother board connectors.

My nvidia drivers and coda drivers are up to date.

I was hoping to run both cards with Octane renderer. Is there anything I can do do get the 970 working?

Attachments

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry first post on this thread, and my problem may have been answered but I don't have time to read through 249 pages!
I bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 970 REF edition, and I can't get my Mac Pro Cheesegrater 5.1 running OSX 10.12.1 to properly recognise the card. It comes up as NVIDIA Chip Model in System Report. See screen grab below.

I tried the 970 in slot 1 using the motherboard 6 pin PCI connectors, didn't work. I then bought a 650W Corsair power supply and I'm powering the card using that externally with the paperclip trick. Still doesn't work.

When I bought the machine it came with a 980ti in slot 1, that has always worked perfectly using the mother board connectors.

My nvidia drivers and coda drivers are up to date.

I was hoping to run both cards with Octane renderer. Is there anything I can do do get the 970 working?
You would be better posting on macvidvards or Mac rumors. This site is dedicated to hackintoshes and there are unique situations with real Macs that are better covered on this forums.

GDS

Motherboard
X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Xeon 2696 v4
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti Waterforce
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
hello

what do you mean by "correct boot order"?
drives or else?

thx

well problem solved - just select the correct boot order.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H110M-H DDR4
CPU
Intel Core I7-7700
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 950 2GB
Hello, I'm kinda new to the forum, so sorry if my problem has already been solved anyone else.

I had a working Sierra Hackintosh, but then I changed my setup and had to reinstall it. I did it, but when I try to use Nvidia card it just shows me that the GPU is not found, in the ECC tab from the NVIDIA Driver Manager and in the CUDA manager.

Using the new config.plist for Sierra as well.

Already tried to reinstall, the drivers and the system.
Didn't work.

Tried to instal the EmuVariable, and the RC options from Clover.
Didn't work either.

Don't know what I can do to make it work again, before I used a GT 740 and it worked.

My configs now:
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-H DDR4
Processor: I7-7700
Memory: 8GB DDR4 2133MHz (Single Channel)
GPU: Geforce GTX 950

My configs before (when the drivers worked):
Motherboard: Megaware MW-H61-H2
Processor: I5-2320
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (Single Channel)
GPU: Geforce GT 740

I'll attach my config.plist as well.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out.

Attachments

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, I'm kinda new to the forum, so sorry if my problem has already been solved anyone else.

I had a working Sierra Hackintosh, but then I changed my setup and had to reinstall it. I did it, but when I try to use Nvidia card it just shows me that the GPU is not found, in the ECC tab from the NVIDIA Driver Manager and in the CUDA manager.

Using the new config.plist for Sierra as well.

Already tried to reinstall, the drivers and the system.
Didn't work.

Tried to instal the EmuVariable, and the RC options from Clover.
Didn't work either.

Don't know what I can do to make it work again, before I used a GT 740 and it worked.

My configs now:
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-H DDR4
Processor: I7-7700
Memory: 8GB DDR4 2133MHz (Single Channel)
GPU: Geforce GTX 950

My configs before (when the drivers worked):
Motherboard: Megaware MW-H61-H2
Processor: I5-2320
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (Single Channel)
GPU: Geforce GT 740

I'll attach my config.plist as well.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out.
First please update your profile so that it correctly reflects your actual hardware :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
The GT 740 with DDR3 VRAM has native support and does not require the web drivers.
The GT 740 with DDR5 VRAM does need the web drivers in order to function correctly.

With a 100 series Gigabyte motherboard you definitely must emulate native NVRAM support.

Try with the attached config.plist

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Update web drivers to ensure that you have the correct version.
Will need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6

Attachments