Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I have problem 6, where I can activate the NVidia web drivers in the system preference pane, but it reverts back to the default drivers after a restart. Therefore, the GPU has 7 MB of VRAM ...

Thing is that I updated Clover to v2.4k_r4200 after the MultiBeast installs and NVRAM emulation is activated by default. I can also see a nvram.plist in EFI/, so I assume that it is working. In the BIOS of my Gigabyte H270N-Wifi I have set the initial display to PEG1 (instead of the iGPU) and it doesn't matter if I set the iGPU to "disable" or "auto". Using MultiBeast I did install Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup for the HD630 before, could that be the reason? Should I use NvidiaGraphicsFixup?

In Clover Configurator I have activated the (x) NVidiaWeb option and nvda_drv=X was never activated, so that can't be it. I also hand-checked the config.plist, nvda_drv is not in there.

Did the procedure for 10.12.6 on a Kaby Lake board with a Gigabyte GTX 1070 change?

EDIT: Solved with NvidiaGraphicsFixup. I also did some other things like deleting the GPU device id in Clover Config, but that didn't really change anything.

Last edited:
EDIT: Solved with NvidiaGraphicsFixup.

YAAAAAAHHHH!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Re-Installed a GTX970 back on my Hack (my 6870 card is failing and couldn't drive 3 monitors anymore), and for several days now I couldn't make this GTX970 to work. I know it worked previously on an older OSX version.

Did upgraded Clover, run the RC scripts, and correct settings in Clover configurator and read several pages of troubleshooting and Googling, but nothing I tried works. I was ready to post this GTX970 on eBay today! (took pictures, etc).

And as last resort, checked out tonymac again and saw this post... Run Multibeast, and this fixed my problem!

Full acceleration, and properly recognized by About this Mac!

My system:
4790K-i7
Z87MX-D3H
32GB RAM
OSX 10.12.5 (14,2)

Above is my system hardware... Hopefully, this post will also help others.

Hello!
Anyone can help me ?
Have gtx950 and 10.12.6.
Install web driver, boot - circle reboot.
try many methods , but - about Mac - NVIDIA Chip Model 5 MB
iMac 14.2.

New installation, last clover and web driver.

I can boot only in nv_disable 1.

Thx for any help! :banghead:

Update: Reboot problem is use DVI port, on hdmi all good. Can i fix that ?

Last edited:
Hello!
Anyone can help me ?
Have gtx950 and 10.12.6.
Install web driver, boot - circle reboot.
try many methods , but - about Mac - NVIDIA Chip Model 5 MB
iMac 14.2.

New installation, last clover and web driver.

I can boot only in nv_disable 1.

Thx for any help! :banghead:

Update: Reboot problem is use DVI port, on hdmi all good. Can i fix that ?

Attach your config

Solution for problem #4 worked perfectly, thank you so much!!! Wish I had found this an hour ago...

Solution 4 partially worked for me, I'm having a weird BIOS issue...

Running a Z170 Gigabyte ITX, i7-6700K, and GTX 1060, Sierra 10.12.4

The monitors display perfectly unless I have the BIOS set to initially display through PCIe slot 1. When I change that setting to IGFX though, the displays work perfectly.

So I currently have the issue where if I want the system to work, I have to initially boot through IGFX, which means I'm booting up blind. I'm okay working around it for now, but I would prefer to have my BIOS set to output to the PCIe slot so I'm not booting up blindly.

To clarify, the motherboard display isn't plugged in. Both monitors are plugged in to the 1060.

I have my config.plist attached, my current fix I'm using is the Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Back