Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

This is normal for most 10 series and 9 series Nvidia GPUs.

Hmmm I do not know that. First time with a discrete GPU in my life hehehe. Thank you for the reply :)

Been looking over various threads but all the fixes I’ve attempted haven’t worked. I’m running 10.11.6 with the 2017 security update from a couple of months ago. I’ve installed the 346.03.15f08 web driver for my EVGA GTX 1050ti (updated from and 346.03.15f02 web driver by the Nvidia update function)
I’ve modified the config.plist and setup:
NvidiaWeb = true
Inject Nvidia and Intel = false
Disabled integrated graphics
Have EmuVariableUefi-64 and RX script installed (referred to as "Problem 6 fix"
nvda_drv = 1
not using nv_disable=1

Was originally using MacPro3,1 but changed it to iMac17,1 because of some other threads I’d read (that got rid of the issue with kernel_task taking up 100% of one core and sped up my boot time a lot). This change didn't seem to have any effect on the display behavior.

The Nvidia control panel shows the Nvidia driver is being used but the system information only reports 14MB of VRAM and video acceleration is obviously not being used from the behavior. I'm using the DVI port with a DVI-D cable.

It would appear to be a VRAM emulation problem but I'd thought the "Problem 6 fix" would fix it. Am I missing anything obvious? Thanks in advance for your help.

The above is a condensed version of what I’ve done. I’d posted more detailed information to a different thread but the behavior didn’t really directly match to what I was seeing. So, I’m posting here as it might be more applicable. If you want the timeline of things I’d tried then you can see that in the thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0-info-details-on-system-report.219804/page-2

(Please let me know if this was the wrong way to handle it. I usually don’t like to cross post but I see this as just moving the conversation.)

To run a GTX 1050Ti you must be on 10.12.4 or later with the nvidia drivers. There is no 10 series support before 10.12.4

Well, that would answer that question. I could swear I saw a reference to the web drivers that were released for 10.11.6 recently supported the 1050. Thanks for the quick response and sorry for the unneeded question. Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight!

**EDIT** - RESOLVED
My card has 3 HDMI ports - moving the cable from the top to the bottom gave me the signal push I needed.
So if you get a 1050ti with multiple HDMI ports, go for the one furthest from the display port.

I've tried all the different steps to get my system to send a signal through my 1050ti but I still get a black screen unless I inject NVIDIA (and then the graphics aren't smooth and broken). I've attached my config file for review. Installing the kext with Kextbeast, rebuilding my Multibeast configuration, modifying the config manually have all failed. I still get black screen where the graphics needs to load. I have a responsive system otherwise (iTunes opens and plays) but can't get the graphics to load on the web driver.
Is it better to rebuild and start from scratch? I used native Intel graphics initially and there may be some remnants of code remaining that is conflicting with my start-up and the card pushing graphics.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a new install of 10.12.5 with i5 2400, and 610GT. I installed WebDrivers in order to get acceleration, but only get a black screen. I can boot ok with unibeast usb, but with installed clover it fails. I have tried with and without NvidiaWeb in config.plist And I am using DVI, and have installed the following settings in clover. Any ideas?

Bootloader / Install boot0af in the MBR
CloverEFI / Clover-EFI 64Bit SATA
Drivers64UEFI / EmuVariableUefi-64
Drivers64UEFI / OsxAptioFixDrv-64
Drivers64UEFI / PartitionDxe-64
Install RC Scripts In Target Volume

Attachments

• IMG_20170619_193851.jpg
    IMG_20170619_193851.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 88
I have a new install of 10.12.5 with i5 2400, and 610GT. I installed WebDrivers in order to get acceleration, but only get a black screen. I can boot ok with unibeast usb, but with installed clover it fails. I have tried with and without NvidiaWeb in config.plist And I am using DVI, and have installed the following settings in clover. Any ideas?

Bootloader / Install boot0af in the MBR
CloverEFI / Clover-EFI 64Bit SATA
Drivers64UEFI / EmuVariableUefi-64
Drivers64UEFI / OsxAptioFixDrv-64
Drivers64UEFI / PartitionDxe-64
Install RC Scripts In Target Volume

The GT 610 is not supported at all in macOS Sierra.

Hello.
I Installed Sierra but when updated the BIOS my web driver stopped working.
It didn't crash or gave me the black screen (I ran KextBeast as shown in solution 4) It just doesn't recognize my card.

My current configuration is Mac Pro 6,4 and F22 BIOS on GA Z170X UD3

I'm thinking my issue could be resolved if I changed from Mac Pro to iMac 14,2.
Do you guys know if anything can go wrong if I change from Mac Pro 6,4 to iMac 14,2?

I really don't know why my card won't even show up, it acts as if I ran the system with nv_disable=1 even with nvda_drv=1 selected.

Using the latest web drivers on Sierra 10.12.5

EDIT:

Solved the problem by installing Clover again with EmuVariableEuefi-64.
It gave me the black screen but I ran KextBeast with the NvidiaGPUFix and lilu kexts

Last edited:
**EDIT** - RESOLVED
My card has 3 HDMI ports - moving the cable from the top to the bottom gave me the signal push I needed.
So if you get a 1050ti with multiple HDMI ports, go for the one furthest from the display port.

I've tried all the different steps to get my system to send a signal through my 1050ti but I still get a black screen unless I inject NVIDIA (and then the graphics aren't smooth and broken). I've attached my config file for review. Installing the kext with Kextbeast, rebuilding my Multibeast configuration, modifying the config manually have all failed. I still get black screen where the graphics needs to load. I have a responsive system otherwise (iTunes opens and plays) but can't get the graphics to load on the web driver.
Is it better to rebuild and start from scratch? I used native Intel graphics initially and there may be some remnants of code remaining that is conflicting with my start-up and the card pushing graphics.

Thanks

This fixed my problem - plugging in to the other HDMI and boom, boots up in 1080.

I'm using a GTX 950 2GB GV-N950XTREME C-2GD Xtreme Gaming card using 10.12.5. My display is stuck on 800x600 and the second display (plugged into the HDMI) is not being recognized. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the NVIDIA drive manager. The NVIDIA driver manager comes up with the NVIDIA driver during each booting. Changing my system configuration to emulate the MacPro 5.1 or 6.1 did not work. Otherwise, my multbeast setting have been UEFI boot mode, Audio 492, emulated NVRAM, and NVIDIA web driver boot flag. I attached my EVI as a zip. Any other suggestions?

Just a bit more information....Apparently when the nv_enable=1, the graphics card stops working, the screen goes blank, but the rig is still active: CD eject button works and it can be controlled from a different rig. To be fair, I moved the question to another area, which better represented the problem.https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...system-definition.183113/page-40#post-1532741

-Ron

Attachments

• EFI directory.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
Back