Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I'm using a GTX 950 2GB GV-N950XTREME C-2GD Xtreme Gaming card using 10.12.5. My display is stuck on 800x600 and the second display (plugged into the HDMI) is not being recognized. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the NVIDIA drive manager. The NVIDIA driver manager comes up with the NVIDIA driver during each booting. Changing my system configuration to emulate the MacPro 5.1 or 6.1 did not work. Otherwise, my multbeast setting have been UEFI boot mode, Audio 492, emulated NVRAM, and NVIDIA web driver boot flag. I attached my EVI as a zip. Any other suggestions?

Just a bit more information....Apparently when the nv_enable=1, the graphics card stops working, the screen goes blank, but the rig is still active: CD eject button works and it can be controlled from a different rig. To be fair, I moved the question to another area, which better represented the problem.https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...system-definition.183113/page-40#post-1532741

-Ron

Attachments

• EFI directory.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone. As soon as I installed the nvidia drivers (GTX 1070), display goes black right after the Apple logo boot process. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Hi everyone. As soon as I installed the nvidia drivers (GTX 1070), display goes black right after the Apple logo boot process. Any ideas how to resolve this?
Plug in the bottom HDMI port and see if that does it. Also, make sure your other graphics options are removed in Clover

I'm using a GTX 950 2GB GV-N950XTREME C-2GD Xtreme Gaming card using 10.12.5. My display is stuck on 800x600 and the second display (plugged into the HDMI) is not being recognized. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the NVIDIA drive manager. The NVIDIA driver manager comes up with the NVIDIA driver during each booting. Changing my system configuration to emulate the MacPro 5.1 or 6.1 did not work. Otherwise, my multbeast setting have been UEFI boot mode, Audio 492, emulated NVRAM, and NVIDIA web driver boot flag. I attached my EVI as a zip. Any other suggestions?

Just a bit more information....Apparently when the nv_enable=1, the graphics card stops working, the screen goes blank, but the rig is still active: CD eject button works and it can be controlled from a different rig. To be fair, I moved the question to another area, which better represented the problem.https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...system-definition.183113/page-40#post-1532741

-Ron
Is there any reason to think that upgrading my Maxwell-based GTX 950 to a Pascal based GPU would be helpful???

Hey Slim can you please help me?
I have a gtx 960 and i've tried to use the web drivers but of course i have a build that isnt listed (15G1010)
How does one remedy this? Im stuck with integrated and its not the move haha

i am having thi issue where if i use the nvda_drv=1 tag, it wont use the nvidia driver, however if i take of the tag, and manually go to configuration and check use nvidia web driver it works, any ideas?

Hey Slim can you please help me?
I have a gtx 960 and i've tried to use the web drivers but of course i have a build that isnt listed (15G1010)
How does one remedy this? Im stuck with integrated and its not the move haha

You can run the beta drivers if that is your actual build number: http://us.download.nvidia.com/wanl9YNPeTLf4ztbBsDkiMXsE4tbtMGp/WebDriver-346.03.15b01.pkg

If you meant your build is 15G1510 then use: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/346/WebDriver-346.03.15f08.pkg

Any suggestion ?
thanks a lot.
Yep - I can recognize what you write.

Best suggestion (if you are new to Hackintosh) read read and read. ;)...

For me THIS POST Problem #6 worked. But took a long time to find....

Good luck!

And if, just if I had already done it :)
Honestly I have done and read all problems and their solution.
OMG Sorry...so stupid of me to link to the actual post you are writing in :oops:

My bad...

Back