Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave Freezes completely when playing video in Safari - HD4600/4400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I will when I get home.
So why am I using GFX0? Because I am using this:

Find: 48898BA8000000

Replace: 90909090909090

Incorrect. Not quite sure on how you got those figures. Look at the Code below,

Code:
Voilets-Speedy-Desktop:~ JackBamford$ echo -n GFX0|xxd
0000000: 4746 5830                                GFX0
Voilets-Speedy-Desktop:~ JackBamford$ echo -n IGPU|xxd
0000000: 4947 5055                                IGPU

Incorrect. Not quite sure on how you got those figures. Look at the Code below,

Code:
Voilets-Speedy-Desktop:~ JackBamford$ echo -n GFX0|xxd
0000000: 4746 5830                                GFX0
Voilets-Speedy-Desktop:~ JackBamford$ echo -n IGPU|xxd
0000000: 4947 5055                                IGPU
I got it from this same threat, page 5 second post.
Applied the patch last night and so far no more freezes in Safari or Twitter when playing videos.
Sleep and wake from sleep with sound all works too!
Thanks for sharing this excellent find!

Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Find: 48898BA8000000

Replace: 90909090909090

Comment: isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12)

MatchOS: 10.12.x

So what I have to do is change those values in "find" and "replace" for the ones you gave me correct?

I just read your other post in which you said you aren't using intel graphics, you have Nvidia. As per the name says " IntelGraphicsFixup" is for intel graphics so you can't use it for your particular problem. The other two kext I have no idea if they are specifically for one or other graphics, I just did what @hemon told me and it worked for me

What??? No, I don't have an Nvidia (I don't even have a stand alone GPU). We are talking about the built in GPU on the processor. The Intel HD Graphics 4600. Right?

I am considering buying a GPU to avoid these freezes

I got it from this same threat, page 5 second post.

So what I have to do is change those values in "find" and "replace" for the ones you gave me correct?

Need to add it to config. ACPI, DSDT, Patches.

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 16.48.41.png

What??? No, I don't have an Nvidia (I don't even have a stand alone GPU). We are talking about the built in GPU on the processor. The Intel HD Graphics 4600. Right?

I am considering buying a GPU to avoid these freezes
My bad, I think I was high lol....when I get home I will attach the three kext I put on my EFI/10.12. I was reading your first post here again and per what I understood you put to many files on the EFI folder.

Using clover configuration right? Sorry for the questions, I'm not really to advanced on this. I normally install and move along until next update comes and kills the built again :banghead:

No. Use Xcode.

My bad, I think I was high lol....when I get home I will attach the three kext I put on my EFI/10.12. I was reading your first post here again and per what I understood you put to many files on the EFI folder.

Thank you. Those are the files I get from the dl links

View media item 188726

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back