Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave Freezes completely when playing video in Safari - HD4600/4400

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was correct in saying that having FakeSMC and other kexts in both locations L/E & EFI/Clover/kexts with inject kexts set to Yes instead of Detect? I thought that doing so will cause Duplicates in the Kernel Cache? You see I put kexts in the EFI/Clover/kexts as well as in L/E but I set Inject Kexts to Detect instead of Yes.

Typical configuration:
- essential kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (kexts you need to boot/use recovery or the installer)
- all kexts installed to /L/E (/S/L/E on older OS X)
- config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect

Typical configuration:
- essential kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (kexts you need to boot/use recovery or the installer)

I thought as much. FakeSMC, Ethernet kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Inject Kext Detect. So I was pretty much correct.

Typical configuration:

I thought as much. FakeSMC, Ethernet kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Inject Kext Detect. So I was pretty much correct.

InjectKext is set to yes in mine, is this wrong? should I then set it to detect even tho the hack is running fine?
all my kexts are on EFI/10.12

Last edited:
InjectKext is set to yes in mine, is this wrong? should I then set it to detect even tho the hack is running fine?
all my kexts are on EFI/10.12

InjectKexts=Yes is wrong if you have the same kexts being injected as are already installed.

Since many use Multibeast around here or other tools that install FakeSMC.kext to the system volume (/L/E or /S/LE), and FakeSMC.kext is always "essential", it will always be in EFI/Clover/kexts, ready to be injected if needed. And in that scenario, the only correct setting is InjectKexts=Detect, because with InjectKexts=Yes you would be injecting a kext that is already installed, and with InjectKexts=No, you would not inject when needed (recovery and installer).

The setup that I recommend is in post #101.

Doing anything else, is just taking unnecessary risk.

InjectKexts=Yes is wrong if you have the same kexts being injected as are already installed.

Since many use Multibeast around here or other tools that install FakeSMC.kext to the system volume (/L/E or /S/LE), and FakeSMC.kext is always "essential", it will always be in EFI/Clover/kexts, ready to be injected if needed. And in that scenario, the only correct setting is InjectKexts=Detect, because with InjectKexts=Yes you would be injecting a kext that is already installed, and with InjectKexts=No, you would not inject when needed (recovery and installer).

The setup that I recommend is in post #101.

Doing anything else, is just taking unnecessary risk.
Alright, just changed it to "Detect". Thank you for taking the time to explain that :thumbup:

Simple, like I said in my post above, download those three (up to date) .kexts and put them were I said. Couldn't explain it any easier lol.
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext fixed some website safari was crashing with, but not all. That's why I emphasized all of them not just one or two.

Yes, but I can't seem to find "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext" file in there. Any soul that would help? I find an executable and a plist file...

*EDIT1*: Ok I just realized I had to change the name form .kext.zip to .kext I'll try and post back if it solves my problem.

*EDIT2*: System won't load with 3 kexts. It load either with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, or the other two, but Three of them on just doesn't work. Of course, I get freezes either way...

*EDIT3* I did manage to load all the 3 kexts (I think I messed the first time with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext so I redl it. But It still freezes on videos with Plex Media Server Web Interface.

Last edited:
Yes, but I can't seem to find "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext" file in there. Any soul that would help? I find an executable and a plist file...

*EDIT1*: Ok I just realized I had to change the name form .kext.zip to .kext I'll try and post back if it solves my problem.

*EDIT2*: System won't load with 3 kexts. It load either with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, or the other two, but Three of them on just doesn't work. Of course, I get freezes either way...

*EDIT3* I did manage to load all the 3 kexts (I think I messed the first time with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext so I redl it. But It still freezes on videos with Plex Media Server Web Interface.
I just read your other post in which you said you aren't using intel graphics, you have Nvidia. As per the name says " IntelGraphicsFixup" is for intel graphics so you can't use it for your particular problem. The other two kext I have no idea if they are specifically for one or other graphics, I just did what @hemon told me and it worked for me

Last edited:
its coming under GFX0 on ioreg

That is incorrect. Need to Change GFX0 to IGPU.

Code:
Comment change GFX0 to IGPU
Find <47465830>
Replace <49475055>

That is incorrect. Need to Change GFX0 to IGPU.

Code:
Comment change GFX0 to IGPU
Find <47465830>
Replace <49475055>
Alright, I will when I get home.
So why am I using GFX0? Because I am using this:

Find: 48898BA8000000

Replace: 90909090909090

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back