Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really people? no one can help? how can i solve the wake after sleep freezes?

OK I tried different smbios but nothing solved my problem with sleep, after applying the vczilla's patch my system runs perfect and has no freezes until the computer goes to sleep or to screen saver, after that if the computer wakes up i usually get freezes after 1-10 minutes.

Doe's anyone have the same problem with GTS 450? Does anyone have any solution for this? help please.

Hope for someone's replay, thanks!

I have the exact same issue now for 3 years! There is no go, at least for me
only with 10.7.4 i had luck, no freezes etc...

I ALWAYS have VLC PLAYER running in background to get the Graphics busy then i have no freeze.

Good Luck!

with a 560ti, i did whatever i could with the help of this thread.. but right now i am running a vlc clip.. hoping it helps..

the vlc clip is on another hdd drive, not the primary one running the mac os.

if this will not work, i will then have to change graphic card..

one question though.. can i run a clip in quicktime plater instead? or another player..

Anyone has updated to 10.8.3? Is it safe to upgrade? I mean, I have everything working in 10.8.2, excepto for a few random freezes sometimes. Can I upgrade to 10.8.3 without problems, or it gets worse?

Anyone has updated to 10.8.3? Is it safe to upgrade? I mean, I have everything working in 10.8.2, excepto for a few random freezes sometimes. Can I upgrade to 10.8.3 without problems, or it gets worse?

Yes, i have updated my System to 10.8.3. Running now for 45min with no freeze. But the tests need some more Hours. so let's see what happens. I also really hope that the random frezzes are gone. let's just hope.

i got some freeze again on 10.8.3... :S

i got some freeze again on 10.8.3... :S

Yep, i can confirm, on 10.8.3 a lot of random freeze's! this is really the biggest Nightmare with my GTS 450

Deep Sleep, Wake Up, works good. but the random freeze's really sucks!

Using VLC player to fix this again, like i always do. since years now.

Unfortunately, the GTS 450 and GTX 550 Ti still have some issues even in 10.8.3. I'd recommend for people using the mid-range Fermi cards to try to sell these cards and upgrade. Though they work with full acceleration, the stability is just not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back