Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after a whole 2 days of trying every single kext I could possibly try.. hehe... I finally got my system to work.. I have a HP Pavilion Desktop PC from Costco running on an i5 2.49ghz cpu. I created the DSDT myself with simple patches. Installed Mountain Lion with no problem. Currently using Chameleon v2.1svn r1518 to boot it up.. Works perfectly!

Now to the part that you guys give a s^#t about...

The sleep part was fixed by using a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagent.kext (Included in this post) and the video was fixed by installing that update from NVIDIA everyone has been talking about. Now the original setup didnt work, but I went inside of the Packages folder and manually installed it :) It worked like a charm, no KP's at all!!! I am not using SleepEnabler.kext, obviously you don't want to use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and I think that's pretty much it!

I've also included the .pkg I mentioned earlier that works without detecting anything, simply installs the new drivers (kexts) ;)

Hope it works for you guys.. please let me know if you're still screwed up...

How is it patched? For a specific processor? Levels?

I have gigabyte 550ti after nvidia driver update, and patch the opencl, the resolution change is Ok, but I have random freezes when the display went to sleep.
It'sw wake up, but the finder and all opened program is freez. If I change the energy saver put display sleep to never, the random freezes is away and everything is perfect. So I think this problem is still in the gpu driver or somthing like that.

i have a question, why did you delet the AGPM.kext? did you have kernel panics with it?

thanks.
Yes, when I delete the AGPM the problems are gone. If running with it, I get channel timeout/channel expected errors.
Problems seems to be gone when not using this kext.

Note: I have edited the kext and add the device-id in it, and changed it to the values as can be find the forum.

Its patched so that you don't get KP's when not using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. This is besides the point though.. How you get your computer to sleep varies from PC to PC. What matters here is the fact that if you are having trouble waking your computer up completely from sleep i.e. you get a blue screen, distorted graphics and non-responsive system (Graphics Card Related) this should fix your problem. This also fixes problems when exiting from games or fullscreen applications that render your system unresponsive upon exiting. Most people don't realize that if your computer can go to sleep, but when it wakes up, even though it looks like it's working, your graphics are looking messed up and you "maybe" can move your mouse to no response, their setup for sleep/wake is working, what isn't working is the graphics card kexts. The kexts I posted earlier should fix your problem with minimal work. If your computer tries to wake up but hangs, then just use the graphics card kext update .pkg file I included in my previous post.

UPDATE: I can only vouch for the Nvidia 550Ti card...

As of the 10.8.2 update, I can restart and use my account in safemode, and have installed all of the drivers there, but in normal mode, I get the infamous "login loop", where after you type your password, it spins, then turns grey, and takes you back to the login screen. It seems to be a graphics issue as the transitions are not very smooth (very flickery), and I can log in in safe mode. Anybody else encountering this problem?

As of the 10.8.2 update, I can restart and use my account in safemode, and have installed all of the drivers there, but in normal mode, I get the infamous "login loop", where after you type your password, it spins, then turns grey, and takes you back to the login screen. It seems to be a graphics issue as the transitions are not very smooth (very flickery), and I can log in in safe mode. Anybody else encountering this problem?

Same Here!!! Can some one help us?

I did the same! How can i restore the 10.8.2 original kext now? is there any upload of it?

I did the same! How can i restore the 10.8.2 original kext now? is there any upload of it?

Here is the files.

By the way, LUXMARK score is now 0. After Multibeast patch. It did not shows any render scene, just black.

Attachments

• NVIDIA 10.8.2 ORG.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 168
got infinite login loop after install nvida driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back