Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to add two cents of confussion, someone add a new kext for nvidia, I couldnt test it yet...it says that it works in 10.8.1, maybe solves something
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3136

:beachball::beachball::beachball:

Does NOT Work!

i deleted the Mountain Lion one, i put this Kext inside, i repair permissions, i boot:

1. boot = Glitches
2. boot = White Screen
3. boot = White Screen again
4. boot = finally again on Desktop.
5. i turned the Monitor Off and On again = Blue Screen.

so definitely not working.

thanks anyway

dont install this stuff.. its not working as it gave me kernel panic...

dont install this stuff.. its not working as it gave me kernel panic...

You need to boot up with -x and then repair permissions in disk utility then the KP are gone. But yes, i confirm, this fixes nothing, same issues as before.

You need to boot up with -x and then repair permissions in disk utility then the KP are gone. But yes, i confirm, this fixes nothing, same issues as before.

well I tried booting with many boot-logs even -x but again kernel panic..

well the main thing is that it doesn't work

rollback the appleacpiplatform.kext to the 1.3.6 version fix my computers... one using 8600gt, one suing gts250..
sleep and wake work perfectly.

This does also NOT fix the Sleep/Wake issue!

First, this slowed the boot process extremely,
Second, i was not able to boot in Mountain Lion.
Third, i needed to plug in my backup HD to replacing the Kext again.

So this does Not fix any kind of sleep/wake issues.

Well, based on facts...Nvidia didn't update their drivers (quadro&geforce), ati did so it's working under ML...Nvidia has to update their drivers as they did with CUDA...
Fermi cards issues are:
Blue screen when changing resolution...I dont know about you but I dont waste the day playing with resolution so I think this is not so bad, a minor issue.
Wake from sleep is a good feature not working for now, only changes turn on-off in about 30 seconds, minor medium issue...for now I remove auto sleep and auto monitor sleep.
some full screen apps, like parallels desktop, just avoid full screen and use it in coherence mode...minor medium issue...
For all other things I have no problems, my kids are using this mac all day and no complain, MSI GT430OC 101% Fermi and QE/CI is working for now...
Maybe will be a new driver release in next update, ML is out since a month ago only...I think it deserves time...if not, a rollback to lion 10.7.4 will be needed.:beachball::beachball::beachball:

Well, based on facts...Nvidia didn't update their drivers (quadro&geforce), ati did so it's working under ML...Nvidia has to update their drivers as they did with CUDA...
Fermi cards issues are:
Blue screen when changing resolution...I dont know about you but I dont waste the day playing with resolution so I think this is not so bad, a minor issue.
Wake from sleep is a good feature not working for now, only changes turn on-off in about 30 seconds, minor medium issue...for now I remove auto sleep and auto monitor sleep.
some full screen apps, like parallels desktop, just avoid full screen and use it in coherence mode...minor medium issue...
For all other things I have no problems, my kids are using this mac all day and no complain, MSI GT430OC 101% Fermi and QE/CI is working for now...
Maybe will be a new driver release in next update, ML is out since a month ago only...I think it deserves time...if not, a rollback to lion 10.7.4 will be needed.:beachball::beachball::beachball:

u are right.. i am using this graphic card gtx 550ti since a month time and till now no freeze just some minor issues like sleep/wake... and i am using for editing videos and photos.. and also i play games ( not in full mode )

Anyone tried http://www.tonymacx86.com/172-updated-nvidia-cuda-5-0-mac-released.html?

Dunno if they actually redid the geforce.kext or what. But at least its something, and coming from the manufacturer.

If you guys would read the comments you already would know that this was tested and confirmed that it does not change anything about the sleep/wake issue.
tested by me with:
CUDA Driver Version: 5.0.24
GPU Driver Version: 8.0.51 295.30.00f01

so maybe read the comments again, before asking such questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back