Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rollback the appleacpiplatform.kext to the 1.3.6 version fix my computers... one using 8600gt, one suing gts250..
sleep and wake work perfectly.

are you saying that Acpiplatformkext ver 1.36 fix sleep/wake problems that we all have with nvidiafermi cards?

People, someone is saying he had fixed all our issues with these files for Nvidia GT 430, here his tutorial :

Blank Screen Fix --> Boot with PciRoot=1 and add command to org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Blue Screen Fix [changing resolution and refresh rate] -->Boot with -x and change resolution and refresh rate and reboot

10.8.1 Nvidia GeForce GT 430 FULLY WORKING ML

SOLUTION [OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1]

1-
Extract This File ===>>> (Enabler).Edited.Natit.by.KemalALKIN.zip - Extracted Natit.kext Copy To System --> Library -->> Extensions Paste! Or Drag And Drop To Kext Utility.app

2-
Extract This File ===>>> (OpenGL&OpenCL&Speed).Kext.&.Bundle.by.KemalALKIN. zip - Extracted Kexts Copy To System --> Library -->> Extensions Paste! Or Drag And Drop To Kext Utility.app

3- Nvidia GeForce GT 430 by KemalALKIN - Major Hint! - Please Read !
Full speed performance for plase change smbios.plist file:
Change mac type to MacPro5,1 because
Edited speed lines in AppleGraphicsPowerManagment.kext ; MacPro5,1 lines.
Delete This KEXT :
System --> Library -->> Extensions ;
AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
Start with MacPro5,1 = kernel panic | solution = delete this AppleTyMCEDriver
And switching very very fast no freeze in tab switch for fast speed = delete this folder in System -- Library -- Extensions AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

NOTE : Look for smbios.plist MacPro5,1 Edit in (Need.Edit).smbios.plist.by.KemalALKIN.zip (Extract And Look)

4-
Install This Driver ==>> (PhysX.For.MAC).CUDA.by.KemalALKIN.zip Extract And Install (Mount & Install)

5-
Install Boot Loader -->> (Boot.Loader).by.KemalALKIN.zip Extract And Install

6-
Extract This File ===>>> (Lion).Kext.Utility.by.KemalALKIN.zip
Run Kext Utilty ==>> Kext Utility.app & Enter Password - See Enjoy & Click Quit Button

7-
Restart!

NOTE : TESTED Asus Nvidia GeForce GT 430 And TESTED MAC Version OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 (12B19) Golden Master (Final)

Credits to KemalALKIN [Gaziantep in Turkey], i'm only linking.

Files : http://www.osx86.net/view/3129-10.8.1_nvidia_geforce_gt_430_fully_working_ml.html

Please test and report, as i already went back to lion while waiting for a certified working solution.

i tried this method on my mSI GT430 but booting normally got always same problems, nothing has changed, booting with -x, sleep and change resolution works fine but i have little screen artifacts (like red bars) moving windows and opening notifications center...

rollback the appleacpiplatform.kext to the 1.3.6 version fix my computers... one using 8600gt, one suing gts250..
sleep and wake work perfectly.

Does this really fix the problem I am on lion thats why i can't check.
Please someone try this and confirm whether it is working or not

Ofcourse its NOT WORKING.
Common people, lets be more productive - not posting bla bla stuff.

Gts 450 - kernel panic. Tomorrow I will try again. Thank so much for hard work )

Same here. Oddly booting in verbose mode just hangs. No kp and I can't find any errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back