Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one in thinking aijaz is working hard on trolling us?

As for the actual topic, I have tried 5-10 different fresh installs, with different bootloaders, different kexts, different flags, etc. All give the same basic result. Sleep/wake still freezes up my machines. Plenty of MMU errors, or no full graphics support. At this point it will need someone smarter to fix the issue.

for ur kind information i have provided how this graphic card works.. apart from sleep / wake.. now the second thing.. i am not trolling ,I will be providing a video for this also within a day time... thanks for ur help and concern..... really appreciated.

for ur kind information i have provided how this graphic card works.. apart from sleep / wake.. now the second thing.. i am not trolling ,I will be providing a video for this also within a day time... thanks for ur help and concern..... really appreciated.

Aijaz, while I realize that you may not be a native English speaker, can you please make an effort to use proper capitalization and punctuation? It would make everything easier to read.
Also, I don't think you know what we are saying. Sleep doesn't work, resolution change bluescreens, artifacts on unlock. You, with your ~10 posts, have not resolved this problem, despite the fact that you claim that your 550ti is fully working.
My 550ti still doesn't work properly in mountain lion, with these bugs.
I would like to see this problem resolved before (a possibly apocryphal) 10.8.1 graphics driver is released.

Aijaz, while I realize that you may not be a native English speaker, can you please make an effort to use proper capitalization and punctuation? It would make everything easier to read.
Also, I don't think you know what we are saying. Sleep doesn't work, resolution change bluescreens, artifacts on unlock. You, with your ~10 posts, have not resolved this problem, despite the fact that you claim that your 550ti is fully working.
My 550ti still doesn't work properly in mountain lion, with these bugs.
I would like to see this problem resolved before (a possibly apocryphal) 10.8.1 graphics driver is released.

Well, for the last time i am saying that i agree sleep and wake doesn't work....secondly i have managed to get sleep/wake working but i loose my resolution when doing so. So i want Ur help or anybodies help to get to the solution of the problem. Hope my "ENGLISH" is understandable to u.

@ Aijaz:Your English has improved a lot.

Meanwhile, I contacted AppleCare (saying I had upgraded a mid-2010 MacPro to a 550ti), and they contacted the engineering team, which stated that they will not support unsupported cards, nor introduce improved drivers for non-supported Fermi cards in 10.8.1.
Contradiction, perhaps? Don't get your hopes up for an official solution.

@ Aijaz:Your English has improved a lot.

Meanwhile, I contacted AppleCare (saying I had upgraded a mid-2010 MacPro to a 550ti), and they contacted the engineering team, which stated that they will not support unsupported cards, nor introduce improved drivers for non-supported Fermi cards in 10.8.1.
Contradiction, perhaps? Don't get your hopes up for an official solution.

For ur kind information apple doesn't support cards that are listed here on tonymac..thats why tonymac created tweaks to help us.. hope this helps u a lot with better english thanks :)

I have Asus GT430 (based on NVIDIA GT 430).
mobo: Asus p7h55-m/usb3
intel i5 661

two problem:
sleep= blue screen
change resolution=blue screen
in both cases i have to Restart MAC from bottom, and every time i hear "stack" i get tears in my eyes

will post a video soon.

As I mentioned before, if you could post a written outline versus a video it would be a big help. I want to believe you have something that works, but I can't deduce that just from a video. I suggest you put together a how-to. Others can follow it and post results. You can link to it in this thread.

I have Asus GT430 (based on NVIDIA GT 430).
mobo: Asus p7h55-m/usb3
intel i5 661

two problem:
sleep= blue screen
change resolution=blue screen
in both cases i have to Restart MAC from bottom, and every time i hear "stack" i get tears in my eyes

What happen if you turn your Monitor Off and On again, while you are in Mountain Lion?

For ur kind information apple doesn't support cards that are listed here on tonymac..thats why tonymac created tweaks to help us.. hope this helps u a lot with better english thanks :)

That's why my nVidia GTS 450 was supported by Apple perfect on Lion 10.7.4, but not on ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back