Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why my nVidia GTS 450 was supported by Apple perfect on Lion 10.7.4, but not on ML?

lol so its not a hardware problem.. hope tonymac get some tweaks for it to work in mountain lion, I swear that for me sleep/wake was working but i lost my resolution of the screen... hope there is a fix.. i will wait more 10 days and after that will buy 6850 ati

lol so its not a hardware problem.. hope tonymac get some tweaks for it to work in mountain lion, I swear that for me sleep/wake was working but i lost my resolution of the screen... hope there is a fix.. i will wait more 10 days and after that will buy 6850 ati

also to you my question: What happen if you turn your Monitor Off and On again, while you are in Mountain Lion?

For ur kind information apple doesn't support cards that are listed here on tonymac..thats why tonymac created tweaks to help us.. hope this helps u a lot with better english thanks :)

Hey seemyvideoonyoutubetoseemycardisworkingperfectlywithnoproblems guy!:mrgreen: You call re-writing the Nvidia drivers to support unsupported Fermi cards a 'tweak'! :crazy: LOL. That is not the forte of Tonymac or anyone else on this board. There is a huge difference between simple kext edits / DSDT edits and re=coding the Nvidia drivers to suit unsupported cards. The guys who could do it are'nt too bothered since there are so many supported cards already. (read some mutterings on a board where some of them hang out still) But, on the off-chance they do happen to, I am sure Tony will include their solution in a future MultiBeast release. That could be a 'while'. Could'nt wait for that... moved on to the 560 already and this card is awesome!:eek: Will keep the 550 for a side-project that does not need sleep or full screen gaming capabilities. So i'll keep an ear out too. If I notice anyone with half a plan, I'll be back.

PS: The guys getting a blue screen when switching on & off the monitor... That only happened to me when I used the HDMI port. On either DVI ports, I have not experienced that. Just a thought I had but never asked.

also to you my question: What happen if you turn your Monitor Off and On again, while you are in Mountain Lion?

nothing happens the screen comes back normal.. i provided the video also for that.. but main thing is sleep/wake doesnt work.

Just wanted to let you know, I had one freeze so far with Mountain Lion and my 560Ti. It was an NVDA Channel Exception that I had a long time ago with early lion. I hope it won't come back again - everything is running since the hang up. Also sleep and resolution change works.

@2k-jacob I have the exact same problem as you. Please see my thread for this also: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/61815-mountain-lion-problem-gtx-560-ti.html

I have this problem also with my GT 430.

Sometimes it boots perfectly and very often with a black screen. As addition to that I also have the graphic bugs described here.
The only way to fix it that only worked for my GT 430 is to edit my DSDT with my graphic's information.

Also no boot flag makes a difference. I could use PCIRootUID=1 and it boots on the first try, but on the second not. The same with PCIRootUID=0. And no "npci"-flag made a difference.

Sometimes it boots with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, sometimes not. Sometimes with GraphicsEnabler=No. Really, no difference. I can reboot ten times. Two times it will get to the desktop, eight times it is stuck at a black screen. No idea what this is. The only thing I know is that editing my DSDT seems to fix it, but only for that special graphic card.

Greetings,
xxmacmanxx

diont type -v type

PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=0 -x for safe mode.

Okay, I was able to boot into the installer using PCIRootUID=1 -x and it is installing now. I wonder how the installation will boot seeing as how before installing the card i had to boot with PCIRootUID=0

EDIT: After installing, the installer reboots, it does not tell me that the installation finished at all. The second time booting, I forgot to type my boot flags, but it booted just like it did the first time with the flags and installed it again. So it is installed, but I can't boot into the partition. I have tried multiple different flags:

No boot flags:Grey screen with the pinwheel
Second time with no flag: stuck on apple screen
PCIRootUID=1: stuck on apple screen
PCIRootUID=0:stuck on apple screen
-x: stuck on apple screen
PCIRootUID=1 -x: stuck on apple screen
PCIRootUID=0 -x: stuck on apple screen
GraphicsEnabler=no: stuck on apple screen
GraphicsEnabler=yes: stuck on apple screen

Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.