Not open for further replies.
using a smbios for a laptop is not correct

use one from the laptop guide

too many kexts in clover/kexts/other, trim those down to essential only

using a smbios for a laptop is not correct

use one from the laptop guide

too many kexts in clover/kexts/other, trim those down to essential only

I removed the extra kexts.
Also, what is an smbios and how do I remove it?

I removed the extra kexts.
Also, what is an smbios and how do I remove it?
use a config.plist from the laptop guide

use a config.plist from the laptop guide
I replaced the config.plist with one from the guide. Got a new clover theme, but no mojave boot option.

I tried my usb on a 32bit, core 2 duo laptop. It even boots into macos...
I have no idea what's going on

is it just not supported or something???

is it just not supported or something???

This is a tough nut to crack! It took a couple of days to get a clover to work for me with this laptop. Bios settings Boot Sequence = UEFI, Advanced Boot Options = Legacy support and secure Boot = disabled (disable this first as the legacy option won't work until you do). Try this EFi it was the only one that works for me, Windows boots fine, Ubuntu as well but MacOS is tricky, it took awhile to figure out.

Only getting 4mb video ram no matter which ig platform ID or settings I've used. Maybe @Feartech can help with this issue? In windows I'm reading 128mb dvmt we need to get it to 64mb. ID is 0x16168086 HD5500, i3 5015u.

I briefly looked into a bios mod thread but it was for HydeH20bios which was for HP and Asus boards.
Is there a way to mod minstolen patch to be a max stolen patch to reduce the 128 to 64mb?

FA6B312F-443E-46A6-A375-230FFB07589F.jpeg

Note: I tried using rehabmans fakepciidkexts adding 16168086 to the intelHD fixup kext and it knocks out the HD 5500 listing but shows display 4mb.

The EFI attached has way too many Kexts but it still boots, the issues seems to be the bios it won’t recognize most clover builds. I updated bios to the latest and downgraded to A13 which was the last version before the specter and meltdown fixes. The last version is A18.

Attachments

• Dell 3558 EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back