Contribute
Register

Need help installing Mojave onto my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a tough nut to crack! It took a couple of days to get a clover to work for me with this laptop. Bios settings Boot Sequence = UEFI, Advanced Boot Options = Legacy support and secure Boot = disabled (disable this first as the legacy option won't work until you do). Try this EFi it was the only one that works for me, Windows boots fine, Ubuntu as well but MacOS is tricky, it took awhile to figure out.

Only getting 4mb video ram no matter which ig platform ID or settings I've used. Maybe @Feartech can help with this issue? In windows I'm reading 128mb dvmt we need to get it to 64mb. ID is 0x16168086 HD5500, i3 5015u.

I briefly looked into a bios mod thread but it was for HydeH20bios which was for HP and Asus boards.
Is there a way to mod minstolen patch to be a max stolen patch to reduce the 128 to 64mb?

View attachment 414072

Note: I tried using rehabmans fakepciidkexts adding 16168086 to the intelHD fixup kext and it knocks out the HD 5500 listing but shows display 4mb.

The EFI attached has way too many Kexts but it still boots, the issues seems to be the bios it won’t recognize most clover builds. I updated bios to the latest and downgraded to A13 which was the last version before the specter and meltdown fixes. The last version is A18.
have you tried the config.plist form the laptop guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ ?

also windows lies regarding dvmt :)

Attachments

• config 5500.plist
    14 KB · Views: 47
Yes, just tried again and removed most kexts but still 4mb.
GPU z showed 41-62mb for dedicated ram.
This is puzzling, it just won't take.
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

I have no wifi or ethernet. Any other PR file generators that don't require the internet.?

Attachments

• debug_20727.zip
    3 MB · Views: 65
Got Wifi working, had to rob a card from my other setup. Here ya go.
looking at your kextcache.log:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f99d8a9f0a0 [0x7fff8cd128f0]> { URL = "AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelBDWGraphics" }
you may need to repair your permissions

also whatevergreen.kext may help

config.plist:
InjectKexts should be set to Detect

looking at your kextcache.log:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f99d8a9f0a0 [0x7fff8cd128f0]> { URL = "AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelBDWGraphics" }
you may need to repair your permissions

also whatevergreen.kext may help

config.plist:
InjectKexts should be set to Detect

Finally figured out graphics somewhat have 1536mb. Kexts patch from Sierra. I used a ngff to mini PCIE adapter and was able to mount a bcm 94360cs for wifi.

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 10.46.31 AM.png

Attachments

• Dell Insprion 3558 EFi i3 5015u.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back