Contribute
Register

Making an AMD RX580 2048SP Graphics Card Work on Hackintosh

The RX 590 GME chip is 215-0910038 and there is an RX 580,stitched by the Chinese,under the RX590.

That's a good point.

I've just checked Techpowerup and the RX 580 and RX590 GMR are basically identical. Only the boost clock value and memory speed is slightly higher on the GME giving it the performance edge. Otherwise the same.

The RX580 is Polaris 20 as is RX 590 GME, whereas a real RX 590 is Polaris 30.

Similar scenario to the RX 570 and RX 580 2048sp models.

:)

I've managed to modify my stock VBIOS successfully, but I'm encountering weird behavior in Windows. I can't seem to install AMD Drivers properly. I've tried AMD Cleanup Utility/DDU and reinstalling the drivers multiple times but still not successful. I have two monitors connected to my GPU but it only gets up to 1080p (My monitor is 1440p) and does not detect "Multiple Displays" even though both monitors are being displayed as "Duplicate" and there is no "Extend" option

Attachments

• GPU.gif
    GPU.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 15
  • new.gif
    new.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 16
  • VBIOS.zip
    221.6 KB · Views: 3
I modified the BIOS as described above, in hackintosh it determines that the acceleration has worked, but something is wrong in Windows, the driver is not installed.Please help me)

Attachments

• IMG_5044.jpg
    IMG_5044.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 7
  • Biosmodrx570.zip
    110.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Ellesmere.zip
    110.9 KB · Views: 3
Yes i keep getting stuck at com.apple.dock.fulscreen. Then maybe i Need help building my efi properly with noot? from what it appears in my logs after using debug it doesnt see my gpu. any suggestions on a next step for me?
@Jamesmykil:
I took a quick look at your bios and couldn't find anything abnormal. According to this website's buying guide, XFX RX 580 is a macOS supported video card and it should work with macOS without modifying its vbios. Maybe the issue is somewhere with your EFI files?

I've managed to modify my stock VBIOS successfully, but I'm encountering weird behavior in Windows. I can't seem to install AMD Drivers properly. I've tried AMD Cleanup Utility/DDU and reinstalling the drivers multiple times but still not successful. I have two monitors connected to my GPU but it only gets up to 1080p (My monitor is 1440p) and does not detect "Multiple Displays" even though both monitors are being displayed as "Duplicate" and there is no "Extend" option
@ahmedvapors:
Your attached vbios (Stock.rom) doesn't appear to the the original RX580 2048sp rom. I couldn't find the card reference in your vbios file. I also tried your modified vbios file. It wasn't your orignal rom either. If you upload your original vbios, I'll give it try.

@ahmedvapors:
Your attached vbios (Stock.rom) doesn't appear to the the original RX580 2048sp rom. I couldn't find the card reference in your vbios file. I also tried your modified vbios file. It wasn't your orignal rom either. If you upload your original vbios, I'll give it try.
My apologies, this is the correct file for my original rom. I went back and reflashed it and everything seems to be back to normal and not working with macOS

Attachments

• bios.zip
    111.8 KB · Views: 2
My apologies, this is the correct file for my original rom. I went back and reflashed it and everything seems to be back to normal and not working with macOS
@ahmedvapors

Try the modified rom in the attachment and let me if it works for you on both Windows and macOS.

Attachments

• ahmCRC.rar
    108.4 KB · Views: 4
I modified the BIOS as described above, in hackintosh it determines that the acceleration has worked, but something is wrong in Windows, the driver is not installed.Please help me)
Please help me fix vbios.

Please help me fix vbios.
@art-artemon
Your posted vbios (Ellismere.zip) doesn't appear to be your original video card rom. It had already been modified. Anyway, I did my best to edit it. Try the modified rom in the attachment and let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• artCRC.rar
    108.4 KB · Views: 4
Thank you very much! For your time, you have helped me a lot.Everything worked in both Windows and macOS.I attach the photo, as it was and became, the first photo is the original, the second photo is how I corrected it myself, and the third photo is how you corrected it and everything worked.Thank YOU very much!

Attachments

• IMG_5017 (1).jpg
    IMG_5017 (1).jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5044.jpg
    IMG_5044.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5063.jpg
    IMG_5063.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 15
Back